• Breaking News

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [August 02]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My co-workers iPhone...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    I love the iPhone 6s, even in 2019!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    This iPhone may just be my favourite model of all time. It's the first iPhone to really remain useable and relatively quick even all these years later!

    The A9, 2GB of RAM, and NVMe storage system really helped futureproof this phone.

    The 6s came with several features that were later used in the 7 and 8 such as the Taptic Engine, 3D Touch, 4K rear camera, dual stream 2x2 MIMO WiFi support, second gen Touch ID, 2GB RAM, NVMe storage system, etc.

    This is really the point where iPhones became fast enough.

    I originally decided to upgrade to an 8 Plus when they first came out, however, I've decided to stick with the 6s as it's just too good of a phone. Fully supported on the latest iOS version with almost every feature, good performance, fast Touch ID, respectable camera. Great phone for those on a budget.

    submitted by /u/octranspo9307
    [link] [comments]

    Google parent Alphabet overtakes Apple to become new king of cash

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    LPT: add the first few characters of your email address as a shortcut to save having to type it out all the time

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement

    submitted by /u/AlephMartian
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud email stopped working because of Express VPN

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Two weeks ago my iCloud email (which is also my Apple ID) stopped working on my phone, but still works on both iPads, the Mail app on my MBP, and on my third party mail app Spark. After speaking with 3 different senior advisors, one came upon the idea of turning my Express VPN off on my phone. Both my MBP and iPad both use the same VPN and have no problem.

    Turning off the Express VPN worked, but the minute I turned it back on it disconnected me from my iCloud account again. I tried to delete the app and reinstall and that didn't solve it.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/CHSPhil
    [link] [comments]

    Does the iPhone Upgrade Program require a postpaid plan for all upgrade or only at signup?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I'd like to switch to a prepaid plan after starting the program. Will I still be able to upgrade, or does that require another check of your plan?

    submitted by /u/A_Diamond_Bullet
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 7 have issues acknowledged by genius bar's employees but Apple policies doesn't do so

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    In 2 months two iPhone 6 and one iPhone 7+ have died on my family. The errors were:

    • iPhone 6: error 9
    • iPhone 7+: Audio IC (loop disease)
    submitted by /u/elreditor
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Iphone tempered glass screen protector

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Hello, I have an Iphone Xs Max and I recently applied a screen protector on it. I noticed an air bubble and saw a video that says putting a very small dose of olive oil on a little cotton ball and rubbing it only near the edge of the air bubble and cleaning the rest of the oil off. Is this safe? It does solve the problem though.

    submitted by /u/desislayer101
    [link] [comments]

    Underrated: long exposure effect.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Glitch in iOS 13 beta 3. Calendar app shows yesterday’s date for a short time

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    An option for haptic feed back on lock and volume buttons would be nice

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    On the iPhone 7 and 8 the home button isn't an actual button and has haptic feedback. What would be nice is if they made it so you could turn on haptic feed back for lock and volume buttons in iOS 13.

    The reason I thought of this is because my lock button no longer clicks. It still works, but it's extremely mushy and doesn't have a satisfying click when I press it. Haptic feedback would at least remedy this issue. Some people may also like it overall, even if their buttons still function correctly.

    submitted by /u/Spails
    [link] [comments]

    My argument as to why the removal of the headphone jack is justified

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    I know this is gonna get a lot of downvotes cause people are still so butt hurt about losing the headphone jack. But, with the upcoming galaxy note 10 not having a headphone jack, I decided to write a post as to why this decision is justifiable, even after the ridiculed Apple for the same exact thing I'm trying to keep this as short as humanly possible. BTW, I am a fanboy of both iPhones and Galaxies, both of them have different feature sets and are great phones so I am being unbiased in this post.

    So first off, as much as everybody hates dongles, they also seem to have no problem being tethered by an aux cord while playing music. A dongle is a very little piece to this equation, and if you are completely against a dongle then I would just suggest Bluetooth. Sure, Bluetooth "technically" isn't the higher quality of the two...but for your everyday consumer listening on headphones or in their car it is fine.

    Also, as much as we do use our phones, they are just phones at the end of the day. They are meant to get things done well, which they still do with or without a headphone jack. Of course, with other (more expensive) electronics, a headphone jack is justified. For example, I am a DJ so my PA speakers have Bluetooth and a headphone jack, but I use the headphone jack more often at gigs because it is the higher quality of the two. But I use Bluetooth for its convenience at home or at house parties. And if you care that much about audio quality- Lightning/USB-C headphones give better audio quality than a headphone jack anyway.

    My last reason, and probably the best, is because as Apple proves time and time again, we need to PUSH change to get innovation. Apple knows well that Bluetooth isn't up to par with wired connections. That doesn't say, however, that it is completely impossible to make changes to bluetooth chips or create a whole new wireless technology that is up to par with a headphone jack. Do you think if Apple never started the whole notch trend we would still have phone companies racing to make the first consumer-available phone with an under-display camera? Obviously not, but since Apple pushed change we are getting innovation out of it.

    No matter what, I am going to use my iPhone whether it has a headphone jack or not and with all the people STILL IN 2019 hating on Apple for that decision, and now hating on Samsung for doing the same with the Note 10; I figured I would make this post. Let me know what you guys think too!

    submitted by /u/Johnnyb186
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you change your iPhone case?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    iCloud duplicates all my photos

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    I was running low on storage so I bought 200GB of iCloud storage. Now my phone is duplicating everything in photos and I don´t know what I did wrong. I didn´t change any of the settings. I had 16k photos and 1k videos on my phone and now I have the double of all that. Wtf am I supposed to do.

    In photos it currently says ´´restoring´´. What does that mean

    submitted by /u/s0angelic
    [link] [comments]

    What is the price drop of old models when a new iPhone is released?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    Title says it all... What is the price drop of previous iPhone models when a new iPhone is released? Same with used ones?

    A bit lengthier... My iPhone SE is on its last leg. I want to buy iPhone 8 (mostly as a hold over until iPhone 2020 drops).

    We are less than a dozen weeks away from the launch of iPhone 11, so I was debating...

    - Is it worth waiting for the price drop?
    - Is there any historical precedent to how much of a drop that might be on a new phone?
    - Is there any historical precedent on a price drop of used phones in the same scenario?

    I know that this release will also coincide on the sun-setting of a lot of popular models - think that could make prices stay up on used iPhones?

    submitted by /u/AbsoluteCycle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel