• Breaking News

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    Apple Watch Apple Watch found and returned after spending 3 weeks at the bottom of a lake.

    Apple Watch Apple Watch found and returned after spending 3 weeks at the bottom of a lake.


    Apple Watch found and returned after spending 3 weeks at the bottom of a lake.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    I was swimming in Squam Lake -NH during 4th of July week in rattlesnake cove (one of dozens) when my watch must have come loose when swimming with my kids. We were probably in 15-25 ft of water and I never noticed the moment it must have slipped off so I had no clue where it could be. When I was able to try the Find My Watch feature it came back as off and obviously not near a WiFi but I still put it in lost mode. Fast forward to this past weekend and I got a text saying "Found this Watch in Squam Lake. Would like to return it." Turns out this person was scuba diving in the cove we were in and found the watch at the bottom of the lake. After 3+ weeks submerged it powered right up and he was nice enough to return it. And the kicker... I live 1:20hr outside of the lakes region. The person who found it lived in the town next to me about 12 minutes away. I thought this tale of loss and recovery to be pretty improbable to say the least and worth sharing.

    Always turn in lost mode. Even if you drop your watch to the bottom of a giant lake.

    submitted by /u/therealLever
    [link] [comments]

    Watch OS 6 beta ��

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    Weekend mode

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    Subscription Based Content

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    This is honestly more of a rant, but I'm not seeing much online and I'm wondering if I'm alone right now. It didn't seem so long ago that if you wanted a well put together app, you paid $15 upfront, and it was yours. Done deal. I don't even have an issue with subscription based apps, ya know, couple dollars per month and the like.

    But what is with all of these apps that are charging 60-70$ per year to use their app?? I'm all for supporting developers, but what has changed so drastically that it warrants this massive hike? For the apple watch anyway, it seems like at least 75% of complications have this model. What gives?

    submitted by /u/HerrNarwhal77
    [link] [comments]

    Tonight: Chilling friday with friends. Thinking about this chilling combo to wear.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    AW4: Using Apple Workouts AND Strava???

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:00 AM PDT

    I've been using Apple Workouts (outdoor cycle) to track my bicycle riding and commutes and I've been pretty happy with the results. Especially the map that shows the route I took when I review the activity using the Activity app on my iPhone. I wanted to see how Strava compares because it always seems to get such high praise.

    So this morning I first started the Outdoor Cycle workout and then started Strava (both from my watch).

    When I try to review my workout, I'm disappointed that there is NO MAP on either the Activity app or Strava! And when I was using only the Apple Workouts app, I always ended up with a map showing the route I'd taken. And I know Strava also records a route.

    But I didn't get the route map on either app.

    Could this be because I tried to run both at the same time? I really don't want to stop using Apple Workouts because of the history of the data I've collected there. But I'd really like to see how Strava compares.

    It it really just one or the other app and not both?

    submitted by /u/s400mpr
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for new user

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    Got the series 4 few days ago first time using Apple Watch,I looked few videos but would like to hear some tips from every day users ,what u guys using the most And what can I really do with it?

    submitted by /u/Leos14
    [link] [comments]

    Work phone question

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:24 AM PDT

    I think I already know the answer to this guys, but I'm just curious to see what you all do.

    I'm being given a company mobile which I know will be an iPhone of some kind, maybe a 7. I have my own iPhone 7, and I know the watch can only pair to one phone.

    On one hand I can see how handy it would be to have work alerts on my wrist to not miss anything. On the other all my fitness data etc I would rather have on my own device.

    What do you do and why?

    submitted by /u/weebles_711
    [link] [comments]

    A watch/strap combo I haven’t seen shared: 44mm S4 Aluminium with Nike Black Sport Loop

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    What band should I get?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    I have a series 3 that I smashed because the band unbuckled when I was pushing my race wheelchair. I had the sport band. What band can't come off easily from a sliding motion across it that also feels nice when sweaty/doing sport?

    I'm thinking sport loop but don't know how it buckles.

    Also should I get the series 4 or wait till September for series 5?

    submitted by /u/bork1545
    [link] [comments]

    Just love that

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    Apple Watch on iPhone 6 viability question

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    My mother wants to get an Apple Watch, she has an iPhone 6 with new battery and doesn't want to get a new phone. What happens once WatchOS 6 is released, will she be forced to upgrade or keep WatchOS 5.3? If I am not mistaken, iOS 13 is required for WatchOS 6 and iPhone 6 won't get it.

    submitted by /u/HanlonsRazor_
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Shared Calendars?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    Hi guys, i have one shared calendar on google calendar but by default i have it desactived. The thing is that i still can see their calendar on my calendar app on my watch, and when i turn on DND, it ask if i wana keep it on, until my friends event finish... i tried to disable all my calendars on watch app, but i still can see it on my watch... is that a bug?

    submitted by /u/Smicelato
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a series 4 w/ cellular. Any tips & tricks one should know about!?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:51 AM PDT

    WatchOS 6, no noise app

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    Anyone else missing the noise app on WOS6 betas? I can see it in the store and when I download it it says it can't. I even factory reset the watch. No joy.

    submitted by /u/DiatomicJungle
    [link] [comments]

    Battery drain since WatchOS 5.3 (Apple Watch S4)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    Since 5.3 my new S4 had a huge battery drain, also my iPhone 7 Plus. I tried so many ways (restart, reset, clean install), but the draining was still there. Today I tried something else and voila the battery draining disappeared. What was the problem? The weather location service caused this huge draining, so I disabled the location service for the Apple Weather app.

    After 4 hours my S4 still has got 95% battery.

    Hope this will help you, too.

    submitted by /u/xXCyberRoninXx
    [link] [comments]

    Crested Watch Straps (3rd Party) - Sport Loop + Milanese Loop COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    My watch straps from the Crested store on Aliexpress just came in the mail! All in all, it was a great process; the straps arrived in less than 10 days with zero issues at all. While doing research on them, I noticed that a lot of us had the same questions and concerns, many of them being related to the quality and the safety of these 3rd party straps. Well strap in, because I'm going to do my best to provide some answers!

    • Sport Loop - Overall, these are FANTASTIC. It makes sense that these are the most widely purchased 3rd party loops, and that's because (IMO) it's pretty hard to mess up colored fabric and velcro.

    • COMFORTABILITY - 10/10. IMO, there is quite literally no difference. It feels like you're wearing a piece of fabric on your wrist. It's not scratchier or abrasive at all. I know that we all want the comfiest item ever, but there is no difference here. If you hate watches and need MAXIMUM comfortability, then go for the $60 strap if that helps you sleep at night!

    • APPEARANCE - 8/10. This is an 8/10 ONLY because of the sizing differences that you can see in the picture linked below. The lengths are almost all different, and the widths are ever so slightly smaller (which is actually a MAJOR pro for me, but for some I'm sure it would tilt the scale). Other than that, they look great on my wrist - no bumps, spacing issues, etc etc.

    • SAFETY - This is probably the biggest issue for people deciding against third party straps for their $300+ watch, and I get it; however, the lugs are just as snug as the Apple loops, and they click into place with the same exact click. I understand wanting to protect your watch, but I think safety shouldn't be a concern. But again, if $57 helps you sleep at night, go for it. Also it's worth mentioning that watch safety is always a thing unless you're wearing a NATO strap. I have a few $1,000+ watches, and I am always afraid of a broken lug one of these days. It's just a risk that watch owners have, but it rarely happens (compare to a plane crash and be realistic).

    .

    • Milanese Loop - Overall, not too happy with this. I will say however, that I do NOT have a reference for this strap, so I don't know how it should feel or look.. I know that Apple overprices things a lot, but typically you will get what you pay for. I want to make an assumption and believe that the Apple official Milanese Loop is miles better, but it's just an assumption. For $3, why not try it. They offer a bunch of colors, so if it really is similar (which would suck because that's not worth $150), then give it a shot :)

    • COMFORTABILITY - 6/10. Nothing special, very odd material that I'm not used to with an odd fit. When not moving your wrist at all it feels thin, light, and unnoticeable, but as soon as you bend your wrist you can feel that sucker (keep in mind you can feel all watches. Rolex's are comfortable, but you have metal on your wrist after all).

    • APPEARANCE 7/10 - Not sure honestly, but it's a cool look. Slick, thin, and black. The lugs match my watch (SG Alum) almost PERFECTLY. I would wear this a lot more, but keep reading..

    • SAFETY 4/10 - 2 issues: 1) The loop end slides out of the lug, leaving you with a singular lug in your hand or on your watch 2) the magnetic strap doesn't feel safe at all. The biggest issue here is #1 - if the strap comes un-done you could probably catch it or ram your hand into something to prevent it from sliding off your wrist, but since it is so thin the strap will fall right out of the lug, causing your watch to drop straight down. I hope that makes sense.. The only pro is that the lugs do fit perfectly and snap into place.

    OVERALL - I think that if you're going to go 3rd party, your best bet is a sport loop. After all, it seems like the fabric loop is the hardest one to mess up. Metal, leather, and silicon.. not so much. I think that for $2 the sport loops are very much so worth it. I will be ordering 10-20 of these for myself and my girlfriend later this week. A nice leather watch strap runs far more than $50, so it's the least I can do to support our friends at Crested.

    ALSO WORTH NOTING - The olive green loop is an official Apple Nike Sport Loop. This could be causing some appearance and overall feel discrepancies compared to the normal sport loop. Sadly this is the only watch strap I own so it's what I have to base my reviews on. Cheers :)

    Pic - https://imgur.com/a/FNl7gw0

    • Bonus question - Can you guess which NFL team is my favorite based off these colors? Hint - they have the best dline in the NFC!
    submitted by /u/TakeHerToFrance
    [link] [comments]

    Well at least the battery bloat pushing the screen off made the repair easy!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:57 AM PDT

    S4 is my battery usage / charging normal?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    So I just upgraded to a S4 (cellular) from my S3 (GPS only) and must say that I'm really disappointed with the battery & charging. For example yesterday evening I charged the watch up to 95%, put it on at 10:35pm and went to sleep. Watch was on theatre mode for the whole night and I didn't check the time once. At 6:00am the battery was down to 61%. Doing the same with my S3, not even in theatre mode, the battery would usually go down only 5-10% overnight. Also with my S3 I was able to charge back to 100% in less than an hour after using the watch for a full day. I would charge back to 100 in the morning in about 30 minutes. Now charging takes forever! Any tips on what might be wrong or is this normal behaviour for the S4?

    submitted by /u/ohotos
    [link] [comments]

    Super confused, not sure if watch is charging.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:29 AM PDT

    I am just setting up my apple watch for the first time and it prompted me to update it to watch OS 5.3 first which I am doing. Downloading the update took almost forever but now I can't update it because the watch isn't at 50% battery life. Thing is, I have it placed over a (3rd party) charging mat but there is no indication anywhere that it is charging, no vibration, chime, percentage, etc. Occasionally if I remove it and place it again it shows that 24% charged, but that too is inconsistent as it does it sometimes and not the others. So I really have no way to know if it is charging. What do I do? The iPhone battery widget is of no help either.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/nsKKh4v

    submitted by /u/tahmid5
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Apple Watch series 4 trade in value?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    So I cracked my Apple Watch series 3 screen and I'm thinking about buying a series 4 now then trading it in when the series 5 comes out in hopefully a month. Any educated guesses on what I could expect as trade on a series 4 in November?

    submitted by /u/Halberg88
    [link] [comments]

    As a previous Android Wear user, I really hope Apple opens up the Watch to third party faces someday. I doubt they will but I would love to see some developers make some cool faces.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    I turned a Zox strap into an Apple Watch strap. The next one will be neater.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel