• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 3, 2019

    Apple Help Would Apple cover for this malfunction? I left the macbook aside for a year and the battery got swollen.

    Apple Help Would Apple cover for this malfunction? I left the macbook aside for a year and the battery got swollen.


    Would Apple cover for this malfunction? I left the macbook aside for a year and the battery got swollen.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Does apple watch drain your phones battery a lot faster?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about getting a apple watch 3. I have a iPhone 8+ I'm not a heavy user it would just be nice to check my messages without looking at my phone especially at work. I have amazing battery life on my 8+ now about 1.5 to 2 days depending on usage. I'm scared the watch will cut that down a lot! I'm also looking at the Fitbit versa. Has anyone used both?

    submitted by /u/Ajskdjurj
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever MacBook Pro just goot delivered!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:12 AM PDT

    So as the title says I just got my first ever MacBook Pro in. I opted for the 2.4Ghz model with 16gb ram to not "run out of steam" 2 years from now. I am super hyped!

    Just wanted to say hi to the Reddit community, and ask for some tips and tricks! As I am coming from Windows (which I have used for most my life), what are some things I should think about? Recommended settings, apps, accessories etc?

    I am currently in the process of starting it for the first time so just wanted to see if there are some tips and tricks.

    Super pumped! Thanks for the advice in advance, I hope topics like this are ok!

    submitted by /u/tweetingsander
    [link] [comments]

    Face ID not working on iPhone X

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    So in the morning I check my phone when I wake up and the face ID still works in the morning but when a few hours later when me and my friends had to go and make a project my iPhone's FaceID stops working. I even checked in the settings and it doesn't say that the face ID is broken and I thought it doesn't recognize my face so I deleted the faceID that I had. Now when I try to add my face, it detects it and then it says "move you phone a little lower" and then higher everytime. It doesn't scan my face but my phone says it works

    submitted by /u/jacs1607
    [link] [comments]

    Home button on IPhone 7+ running iOS 12.0 being tapped and triggered very easily and does not work

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 10:38 PM PDT

    Issue just started now, when I put my thumb on the home button without even pressing it in it begins to works and is triggered and it is going off very quickly and I don't know what to do. It is as if it were to be spammed but times that speed by a lot

    submitted by /u/T_ahir1
    [link] [comments]

    Having a really hard time reinstalling macOS on this used MacBook Air

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:54 PM PDT

    Hi all, I was recently given an old MacBook Air (late 2010 model) from my work as the user left the company. Of course for security reasons and because I didn't have the password, the first thing I did was boot into recovery mode and wipe the hard drive and try to reinstall OS X Lion. Apparently because I don't have the original Apple ID that was used with this computer, it gives a generic error when trying to reinstall from the internet (this item is temporarily unavailable) and won't let me go any further.

    So I created a bootable USB with macOS High Sierra on it and tried to do it that way, but now it is coming up that "the installer resources are expired". This is because the battery in the MacBook is dead and every time it restarts it loses the date and time. I can set it from the terminal but doing so closes the installer and there is no way to continue the installation without rebooting the MacBook which of course.. resets the time, now I'm just stuck in a time loop and getting absolutely no where.

    I've tried restarting the install from the terminal using something similar to "./startosinstall --license --agreetolicense --volume /Volumes/Macintosh HD" but then it gives me the error "The helper tool crashed".

    It's not possible for me to get the original Apple ID and I would rather get this up and running without replacing the battery since I'm not even sure how well it runs yet, any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ech064
    [link] [comments]

    A program or something tried to access “sharingd”

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I keep getting this pop up that a program wanted to access "sharingd". I'm not particular computer savvy but since I'm not sure what it is I just blocked access to it.

    Can someone give me insight on this please?

    submitted by /u/MagnaReine
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding iOS 13 and the iPhone 6

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    What with iOS 13 due out soon, I know the iPhone 6 will no longer be supported.

    Just wanted to check - I'm good to get another year out of it aren't I? I only use a few apps (social media, WhatsApp, sports news, news, etc) and all of these should still be iOS 12 compatible till at least Spring 2021, am I correct?

    Considering getting a new 12 month contract for my 6, but wanted to check I'll still be able to use it before committing to that.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/anchor-in-the-chaos
    [link] [comments]

    Can factory reset iPhone be recovered

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm planning on selling my iPhone 8 running IOS 12.

    I know data that's deleted can be recovered that has not been overwritten.

    However I've heard that IOS encrypts your data and once the device has been factory reset. The encryption key is permanently deleted making it impossible to recover any data.

    Is this true? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/XWillyMcFlyX
    [link] [comments]

    The AppleTV keeps forgetting us!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:25 PM PDT

    In just the last few weeks appletv acts like we are brand new to the system in many weird ways.

    Hulu, Netflix we are constantly having to login. On Psvue every time we open it up there is a screen about some new feature, we have to swipe right there times and the click ok on two screens; but it didn't forget our account.

    We have repeatedly paired the controller to do volume control because it keeps forgetting about that.

    What cold be the problem? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/eFrazes
    [link] [comments]

    Itunes could not restore iphone because not enough free space is available on the iphone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    I backed up my new phone and got a new one. Problem is, my new phone has less storage than my old one. The only thing restricting me from restoring from backup are the photos. Is there a way to overcome this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/YeeterSkeet666
    [link] [comments]

    upgrading hard drive to ssd

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    looking to buy a new macbook. SSDs are terribly expensive, and so I figure I'll just take it from my current 2015 macbook pro.

    Can I swap that SSD into a 2019 13" macbook pro if I buy one?

    submitted by /u/CLPaul
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to remove the "This webpage is suing significant memory" message in Safari

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    I work a lot with big spreadsheets in Google Sheets so this message is showing up ALL the time. Safari is using somewhere between 6-10 GBs of ram when these show up. My iMac has 40GBs of RAM so this isn't a problem. It's getting annoying to constantly close it, is there a way to prevent this warning message from showing up?

    submitted by /u/CodedGames
    [link] [comments]

    I tried updating some apps but i got this message, the first half of the email is correct but the domain name is on iCloud instead of Gmail so now i cant update, any help? (IOS 12)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    External hard drive not showing up.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Why is my system taking up so much storage space, how can I free up some space from “system”. Please help!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Upon reopening MBP, Chrome is often preventing logout. How do I prevent this auto-logout when I close my laptop?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    This has been happening for the last 2 or 3 major OS X/ Mac OS updates. I can't figure out why it happens or when as it doesn't always attempt to logout. Everything I had open is closed, except Chrome because of a textbox I typed in but didn't post.

    I also have infrequent black-screens in which the screen fades to black and then randomly awakens between 20 and 120 seconds later. Apple has run diag and found nothing but I'm hoping someone can at least relate to either of my issues.

    2012 15" retina MBP

    submitted by /u/disfunctionalidiot97
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook air trash not working.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    When I delete files I get the popup "are you sure you want to delete ____. Will be deleted immediately, you cannot undo."

    So files just go straight to being deleted permanently without going to the trash first.

    Anything I can do about this? Any reason you think this may be happening?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/pelpeh
    [link] [comments]

    Displayport to HDMI - No Sound and no HDMI Sound Output option in Sound Preferences!!!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Ok, this is my last resort. Hopefully someone knows the answer to my 2 days search of this issue.

    Early 2014 Macbook Air - when I click on About this Mac and link to the specs, it specifically says "HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)". I say this because in my research, Early Macbooks did not support audio out over the displayport output (around 2010 models I believe).

    I have an Insignia "For Mac" Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter connected to my displayport on the Macbook air.

    A new HDMI cable is connected to that adapter and ran to a HDMI switch. That switch is then connected to a new Dell monitor.

    Video display works fine.

    FYI I have other devices also connected to the HDMI switch that are using the same monitor (PS3).

    I have a set of new Logitech Z200 speakers with 3.5mm jack connected to the HDMI switch audio out. The PS3 sound works through the speakers fine.

    I cannot get sound through the Displayport/HDMI cable to the speakers. The sound just keeps playing through the Macbook internal speakers.

    In my research, I have seen people navigate to System preferences/Sound and on the "output" tab, there should be a displayport/HDMI option on the left side of the window. The only option I see for Output is "Internal Speakers". I believe this is the issue.

    My brother has a macbook pro and has the same set up - he sees a HDMI/displayport "output" option tehre on the left where I don't.

    Any ideas???? I think I need to fix this so that the laptop sends audio through the display port.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/indawoops
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement ipod classic screen won't work on ipod OS.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I have an ipod classic 160GB (MB145) that has a cracked LCD. I bough a new screen and replaced it. The new screen shows grey when the ipod is on. This ipod also dual boots into rockbox (this is important).

    I'm almost certain this is a software issue with apple's software on the ipod and the screen as the screen works perfectly fine in rockbox and i can see everything. when i boot into apple, I get a grey screen. With the old screen, i'd get apple boot image no problems.

    submitted by /u/devicemodder2
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about apple wallet

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Total apple newbie here. I am an Android user, my work recently purchased me an Iphone X and I am trying to get into it. One thing I am frustrated with is apple wallet. I've setup apple pay and it works fine, but I cannot figure out how to add my store cards like I can with google pay. I was expecting I could just scan the barcodes and add them.

    I've found various pages like this one

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204003

    Where it says I can scan a QR or Barcode....but I do not see that option.

    If I open the wallet I am taken immediately to a section showing my credit cards. There is a plus button which seems to be the only other option. If I click the plus button I am taken a section where I can add additional credit cards but that seems all I can add. There is a link saying enter card details manually....but that only accepts credit card details.

    Is there an easy way to add my store cards to apple wallet?

    submitted by /u/thebingoking
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Password prompt won't let me close it. If I enter my password, it simply reopens and I can't access iTunes. Any insight appreciated.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I've been kicking this issue down the road for awhile now and I'm at the point that I just need to fix it.

    So I have iTunes open on my MacBook Pro. However, I can't use it because a popup box which reads, "Sign in to the iTunes Store," has been blocking me. Each time I enter my password, the box goes away and immediately reappears. I've intentionally tried entering the wrong password just to see if it'd replicate the disappear-reappear behavior, but it notifies me that my info is wrong. I've also tried reconfiguring my login info but it doesn't solve my issue.

    Lastly, it won't let me update iTunes since you have to be logged in to do that, and I can't even get that far.

    Any insight will be much appreciated.


    MacOS Mojave V10.13

    submitted by /u/Tnargkiller
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my phone constantly showing this for Apple Watch pairing and never actually finding an update

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    2012 Non-retina 15” MBP - won’t turn on after cleaning the fans

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    TL;DR: MBP won't turn on after taking it apart to clean the fans.

    I have a 2012 non-retina 15" MBP I've been using for a couple years now, and it has been an amazing little workhorse. The fans were making a rattling sound earlier today, so I decide to take it apart to clean them and add a little lubricant (this isn't the first time I've done this).

    After getting it back together, I attempt to start it up, and nothing happens. I press the power button again, and the sleep indicator light blinks once, and then nothing.

    So far I've attempted an SMC and PRAM reset, several different varieties of power cycling, unplugging the battery and starting up from just the adapter, etc.

    The only things I disconnected were the fans, and I wonder if I damaged them when I was applying the lubricant. Do MBPs have a protection where if the fans are disconnected or non-working, the computer won't start up?

    Anyways, I hope one of you out there will have some good news, or at least some definitive info, concerning this problem. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ElKinesis
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my emails keep getting flagged I unflag then the just reappear

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel