• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 23, 2019

    macOS [Suggestion] Audio Output device in the Touch Bar Volume Slider popup

    macOS [Suggestion] Audio Output device in the Touch Bar Volume Slider popup


    [Suggestion] Audio Output device in the Touch Bar Volume Slider popup

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I'm deaf now

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    MacOS 10.14.6 now gives a detailed message about upgrading to a newer version you can get in the AppStore (screenshot language Dutch)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:45 AM PDT

    MacOS 10.14.16 (Mojave) released

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    iCloud folder encryption

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    Could we encrypt a folder inside iCloud Drive in macOS so we have to use a password to open it? How? Thanks

    submitted by /u/NorhoNor
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:46 PM PDT

    "Can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software"

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    following that message is says "This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

    I have never seen this error on my Mac before. Perhaps its because im on the Catalina beta? Does anyone know how I might fix this problem when trying to download an app off the internet? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Abruptful
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't my Macbook slow?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    I bought a MacBook a couple of weeks ago and this is my first Mac ever. It has 8 GB of RAM and I've noticed that at times it uses up all the 8 gigs and starts using Swap memory. I have been a Linux user for the past 7+ years and I am someone who often keeps an eye on my memory and CPU usage. In my Linux usage all these years, I have never gone past 6 GB of RAM in spite of using Chrome with about 15 open tabs and two instances of Android Studio. In the case of my MacBook, I am using Chrome with only 4 or 5 tabs open, and two instances of Xcode for the 8 Gigs to be used. From what I understand, MacOS does a lot of data caching to speed up things and this consumes more memory. But what surprises me is that the system hasn't slowed down at all and the memory graph in Activity Monitor is still green and not red/amber. I always thought that when an OS uses up all its memory and starts using Swap it will slow down considerably. But this hasn't happened! Question for Mac users: Is this because SSDs have become much faster? Or what do you think is the reason for this?

    This particular question is for people who use both Mac and Linux: If I wanted to build a Linux machine with 16 GB of memory, can I build a machine with just 8 GB of RAM and create an 8 GB (or above) Swap partition on a super fast SSD and get away with it?

    Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/dexternepo
    [link] [comments]

    Unidentified Menu Bar icon

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Unidentified Menu Bar icon

    Can anybody tell me what this menu bar icon is? When I click on it, nothing happens.

    https://i.redd.it/k7l9hlq5axb31.png

    submitted by /u/swessdawg
    [link] [comments]

    App is not available in your region? (US)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    I live in the US, but for some reason the only available free wifi monitoring software for mac that seemed highly recommended after a quick google search (Who is On my WiFi] isn't available in my country or region. Has anyone used it? I have a VPN, so if someone can tell me what country it is available in, I might be able to trick it into thinking I'm there.

    submitted by /u/Mothman394
    [link] [comments]

    Should I have Flash installed at all?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:19 AM PDT

    In today's day and age, just doing regular joe stuff on the Mac, should Flash be installed at all? It's a security risk and aren't most websites not using it now?

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Any free apps to limit internet connections per app or per service while on personal hotspot?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    I share my cellular data to my MacBook when I go outdoor. I discovered that some apps or background services in MacOS have been smuggling my cellular data. The first criminal I found is Dropbox, which smuggled a few GB of data from my data plan, leaving me limited data for the rest of this month. Even though I turn it off, the smuggling still happens, although not as severe as Dropbox.

    May I know if there are any free apps that limit the internet connections per app or per service so that each of them can access the internet only with my permission?

    submitted by /u/AgentNeko
    [link] [comments]

    Antivirus for Catalina

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have had MacOS Catalina for about a month now. I recently got my social secuirty number stolen and need to install antivirus software. I am trying to install norton and it won't open the software after downloading. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried downloading from both safari and Chrome.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dtrain09
    [link] [comments]

    A friend of mine is trying to import photos via Image Capture from phone & progress bar just sits there and never moves. This is her OS. Am I correct in assuming this OS is from 2013 and last release was in 2016? I think her best bet is to upgrade to Mojave and try again w/ Photos app. Thoughts?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    Manage child's screen time via SSH?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Hi all-

    While I'm not exactly new to the Mac, I am far from an expert. I am wondering though if it is possible to manage screen time for non administrative users remotely via SSH (or some other way) on Mojave.

    I have Teamviewer installed and that works, but I don't want to have to constantly open up a TV session to enter my credentials every time I want to grant extra time. I am considering buying Mobicip as they claim to be able to manage screen time, but I (so far) have not found whether I can easily change that or not.

    submitted by /u/shawner47
    [link] [comments]

    Statusbar replacement

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get rid of the menubars that take space off all of my 3 sceens for no good reason. While autohide worked, i miss the constantly displaying clock and statusbar apps over the top of my main screen, (not the menus).

    Is there and app that can shows those in just one of the screens?

    If it's combined with some dock functionalities it's even better. Atm I'm using ubar just to have the clock and dock at the top of the sceen, which is not possible in the original dock, however the app lacks a statusbar and it's taskbar sometimes miss running apps.

    submitted by /u/nsonha
    [link] [comments]

    Officially had it with Mail.app.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    What do you use? I'm willing to pay a small monthly fee for a desktop mail client that actually works.

    submitted by /u/xeno_sapien
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MBP crashing after macOS 10.4.5 update

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    Everything freezes and i can't do aything but turn it off via the power button. Any ideas as to what's causing this?

    EDIT: Updated to 10.4.6 and that doesn't fix it either.

    submitted by /u/wermhat5
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect 2015 MacBook to monitor

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    Hey everyone

    So today I picked up a USB C hub/HDMI adapter from Hama to connect my MacBook to a monitor however it's not working. I literally tried everything, 5 cables, numerous software workarounds (displaylink driver , options key in display settings) but there is just absolutely no image. I'm taking back the adapter tomorrow to the shop but probably someone knows a solution. Did I buy the wrong adapter? I don't understand.

    https://uk.hama.com/00135756/hama-usb-31-type-c-hub-13-aluminium-2x-usb-a-usb-c-hdmi-bus-powered?bySearch=USB%20C

    PS: the USB ports are working but the HDMI does not

    submitted by /u/Lub1k
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use a Backup from Catalina on Mojave?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone. I am a programmer and i'm trying to install the gcc compiler (for c++) using Homebrew, but it installs the MacOS Mojave edition of the complier. Due to this and many more problems i am facing with MacOS Catalina in my programming career and normal app usage i've decided to go back to Mojave. But i don't have a backup of my system using Mojave because i didn't have a large enough drive back then when i first updated. Is it possible that i can use a Back up of my system running on Catalina to restore to Mojave and use the back up? Or to put it much more simply, downgrade to Mojave without wiping my mac?

    submitted by /u/R3HAT1N0
    [link] [comments]

    Messages app cache? (silencing the sent message sound)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong sub for this, but I was trying to silence the sent iMessage sound on my macbook. I disabled csr and replaced the Sent Message.aiff in the messages contents in /Applications with an empty .5s aiff file, but after I rebooted the sound still plays when I send a message. I'm thinking that there must be a system cache somewhere that I have to delete or modify to remove that sound.

    submitted by /u/Horsey-
    [link] [comments]

    Safari using 100% CPU after system wake up but it never ends

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    Safari using 100% CPU after system wake up but it never ends

    This problem is happening to me every single day. If I leave any webpage that uses websockets open on Safari and close the lid, then open it again after a while, the CPU goes to 100%, my CPU reaches 95ºC (the MBP 15 i7 2018 body burns) and the system starts freezing and kills my battery. I need to force close Safari. I have already reported to Apple on Feedback Assistant but they never answer me.

    I am running Safari 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1).

    https://i.redd.it/q587x2eqqvb31.png

    submitted by /u/pp_amorim
    [link] [comments]

    Question about MacBook Pro Early 2011 15" security

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro Early 2011 15" that still works plenty fast and is only really used at the moment for general web use around the house. Mac OS Mojave doesn't support it but it should be getting security updates in High Sierra until around Fall 2020. Is it advisable to keep using it after for general purposes or should I install Linux to extend the life of the laptop?

    submitted by /u/supez38
    [link] [comments]

    Compression Software Recommendations

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    Due to the nature of my work, I find that I am creating a lot of audio and video content. It's using a lot of space. Does anybody have a good recommendation for compression software?

    submitted by /u/KaTzPJamas
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get to Mac Disk Utility

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    I am trying to reset an old Mac, i have reset after it many times hold down command + R. But it just takes me to the login screen. This is an older desktop all in one Mac (2011) running version 10.6.8. Any advice how I can reset this machine. All of the software is up to date.

    submitted by /u/FatThorOdison
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel