• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 23, 2019

    Apple TV TIL you can just tell Siri to "turn on CNN in [location of Apple TV 4K / HD" and it'll turn on your system and tune it to the right app/channel

    Apple TV TIL you can just tell Siri to "turn on CNN in [location of Apple TV 4K / HD" and it'll turn on your system and tune it to the right app/channel


    TIL you can just tell Siri to "turn on CNN in [location of Apple TV 4K / HD" and it'll turn on your system and tune it to the right app/channel

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    This is what I did and how my system responded:

    I pulled up Siri on my phone (doesn't work on apple watch idk why) via Hey Siri or just regular Siri and said, "Play CNN in the [Sunroom]"

    Siri said "Okay" and then my ATV 4k turned on, followed by my A/V receiver, followed by my TV. The correct HDMI input was set for my TV, and by the time the picture came on, the Live CNN feed was playing on my TV.

    In order to get this to work, you have to first do the following:

    1. Ensure your Apple TV 4K/ HD is 'seen' by the Home app. You have to be logged into both your Apple TV and your phone with the same iCloud credentials.

    2. Turn on your Apple TV 4K, go to "settings", go to "Airplay", then "Rooms" and assign your Apple TV to the room you want it in. You may/may not have to have previously gone into your "Home" app on your iphone/ipad to have set up a Home first. I already did this because I have many HomeKit enabled devices already running in my home. In any case, it wont work until you see the Apple TV icon pop up in your Home app on your iphone in the room you assigned it to be in.

    3. Sign into all of your streaming TV apps and make sure it is linked with the Apple TV app. This is a pain in the ass as you have to sign into each individual channel, and then start a program inside that app to get another prompt by Apple to integrate that app's contents into the Apple TV app.

    4. Make sure you have all of your equipment set up for HDMI CEC. I cannot help you here, refer to your TV/AVR instructions on how to enable this. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205225

    EDIT: You have to say "Play CNN in [location]"

    Tested: "play youtube" doesn't work, but once my ATV was up and running, I tried "Play youtube" with the siri button on the apple TV remote and it worked fine. "play Netflix / MLB.tv" does work from full equipment off state.

    submitted by /u/xanksnap
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure why all the sudden when I mirror my iPhone 8 to my ATV their is no picture, just sound. Any ideas why or how to fix? Thanks

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Apple released tvOS 12.4 to Apple TV

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    Need some help with iCloud photos on Apple TV. Really don’t want them on there but I need the iCloud part.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    I have two Apple TV's. One in my bedroom and one in my living room that my kids use. I like having my iCloud connected because of the passwords, and the Apple home app. But if they go into photos and turn on iCloud photos could they see all of my photos? I pay for iCloud storage and keep all my photos backed up.

    submitted by /u/IAmIronMan93
    [link] [comments]

    ATV 4K sound is not synced

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Hi all. Bought the ATV 4K yesterday to play my movies and series from my NAS (1080p to 4K). Now to the issue, when I chose the "match frame rate - on" the sound is always out of sync, the sound moves faster than the lips is the best way to describe it. But when I chose match frame rate - OFF then the sound is in perfect sync. What am I doing wrong? Shouldnt I have the match frame rate ON to match the file-content?

    I use the Infuse 6 Pro.

    submitted by /u/iMerlin23
    [link] [comments]

    Best AppleTV Soundbar config?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    Can the Apple Tv 2 still use airplay?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Hey reddit,

    So I just bought a Apple Tv 2 from ebay for really cheap. My TV is only 32 inches and only supports 720p so I figured "why not?"... but looking online I couldn't find the answer that I was looking for, which is: does the Apple Tv 2 support airplay (through wifi) with a Iphone X? I already have a Chromecast so media streaming isn't an issue, I only want a ATV to play movies from the Apple Movie app that I can't find anywhere else.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Foggylemming
    [link] [comments]

    Which Apple TV to buy. HELP

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    Buying either an apple tv 4th gen HD not 4k, or Apple TV first or second gen. I want it to stream netflix, BBC iPlayer and I want it to be jailbreakable so I can run Kodi on it or something similar. Which one should I get? (money isnt a problem as I am selling a lot of junk)

    submitted by /u/_hxd9
    [link] [comments]

    soundbar volume much lower in comparison to native android tv

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I recently noticed, that when I listen to Spotify through the Apple TV, or even watch a movie, my soundbar volume at 15 to 20 is much lower in volume, then when I have the same settings while listening through the native android tv on my Sony television. Furthermore, when I raise the volume to, say, 30, it only raises very very little and at that point doesn't raise the volume at all anymore up to a volume of 50-60. In comparison, my native android tv blasts my entire living room to shreds when putting out Audio at those volumes.

    I'm absolutely lost and don't know what could be the reason, or any factor that could have to do with this. It just feels like the Apple TV is limiting the audio capabilities of my soundbar :(

    My Soundbar ist the Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar Sound+

    My TV is the Sony X900e 65"

    I'm using the Apple TV 4k.

    The Soundbar is connected to my tv through a Toslink optical audio cable.

    The Apple TV 4k is connected to the TV using a high bandwidth HDMI cable into one of the 4K Ready HDMI ports of my tv.

    Maybe anyone had a similar problem or recognizes the problem in any way.

    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

    submitted by /u/tunikb
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be concerned about an unrecognized airTV showing up in my macbook's airplay list?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    I don't have an appleTV, but I notice I was able to find an apple tv on my youtube airplay list (that probably belongs to someone else).

    I'm the only one using my wifi, I tried turning off my bluetooth and still see it, should I be concerned? Anything I can do to protect my privacy (If it is at risk at all)?

    submitted by /u/killerofpain
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel