• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 27, 2019

    macOS iPad/iPhone feature that I would like to see on macOS Safari

    macOS iPad/iPhone feature that I would like to see on macOS Safari


    iPad/iPhone feature that I would like to see on macOS Safari

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    The one feature that I would like to see in macOS safari is to click on the top of the browser to get back to the top of a webpage just like in the iPad/iPhone.

    submitted by /u/Paito
    [link] [comments]

    When will Project Catalyst apps be available for public?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    Cant INSTALL OS on new SSD! HELP!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:15 PM PDT

    hey guys, recently i decided to give my early 2011 macbook an upgrade. I purchased a 500gb crucial mx500 and formatted it using disc utility. I made a usb bootable mojave drive but i guess my early 2011 doesnt support it so now im at a lost on what to do because i can't download any old OS! Is there anywhere i can download older OS software? any help is appreciated. thanks.

    submitted by /u/vizion145
    [link] [comments]

    Dynamic wallpapers

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knew of any cyberpunk themed dynamic wallpapers around the Internet? Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/hyartus
    [link] [comments]

    How do you order your permanent dock items?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Just curious, how do folk order the items permanently resident in their dock? Alphabetically? Order of use? Color of icon? Something else?

    submitted by /u/scottjl
    [link] [comments]

    Individualised encrypted APFS volumes per user mounted upon login

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Because of my security paranoia, I have been looking into various ways to setup my systems - my Linux system, a Windows system, and now my MacBook - and I came up with an idea of how I want to do this. Just like in Linux installers, it gives you an option to install users and system on separate partitions, I want to do this to users. macOS Catalina seems to already have separated users from system, which is great, but now I want to separate users. As a root user, I can easily view anybody's files by going to their home directory. Not good. Sure, I can create a new administrative account and de-root myself, and I likely will, but exploits can happen.

    Thus, I've been trying to have everybody use their own APFS Volume as home. I already created a volume, mounted it (changing the default mount point by modifying `/etc/fstab`) and copied the contents of my home folder over. However, I am stumped at this part. How can I tell the system "Hey, he logged in, mount the APFS Volume please!"

    I know there is a APFS Role called `User` but I can't find any documentation on it. I know I already have the `/etc/fstab` location to setup where it should mount automatically, and I know you can edit an `xml` file in a specific location to execute something on boot, however I fear that would be too late. Since this volume is the users *entire* home, it'd need to mount and decrypt before everything else, meaning if any other `xml` file loaded before this one and tried executing, it wouldn't find what it was looking for, and plus, I'd assume on login the system would automatically try creating the missing home directory.

    Is what I am trying to do possible on macOS? I am trying to setup this structure of all three system types I am setting up, and my personal computer is my MacBook, so I'd really really like this.

    submitted by /u/coderboy14
    [link] [comments]

    Can't update to macOS 10.14.6

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    Anyone having issues updating to macOS 10.14.6? I got a 2018 Mac mini, and the update kept stopping when I was trying to download it last night. Now it just says "An error occurred installing the update".

    submitted by /u/TMALIVE
    [link] [comments]

    How can I create shortcuts to open any app?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is possible but I'd love to have a shortcut to open the Stickies app on macOS without having to click on the app. For example, I use:

    • command + space : Alfred
    • alt + space : Todoist
    • control + space : Evernote
    submitted by /u/AE_RojasM
    [link] [comments]

    how do I delete this contact

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    in imessage I have a contact I want to get rid of , but removal from mail, contacts and even the database are all not working. I've removed the db completely, don't have anything and the user still appears. WTF apple?

    submitted by /u/YellowSea11
    [link] [comments]

    Voice changing app that supports audio output?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    What's the best voice changing app for the Mac that allows you to send the modified voice through system sound output?

    submitted by /u/rasbobbbb
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop audio ducking from playing paused things when calls arrive?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    I'm using High Sierra and have the feature that allows me to receive calls when my mac is in range. and I have audio ducking enabled, and when it works, it is a nice feature.

    However, for some reason it will take whatever player was most recently used, and instruct it to either play or pause when a call comes in, and worse: it seems to do whatever is opposite of its current state. For example:

    If I have been listening to Pandora within a tab in Chrome, and I hit pause. then an hour later, a call comes in, it will begin playing pandora, and duck the audio down to a low level. This isn't a huge deal, but frustrating to find the tab, and shut the audio down during the call.

    The more frustrating problem is, If i'm watching a youtube video or embedded video, and I've paused it. moved on to other tabs to return to my saved point later, this too will begin playing when the call comes in, and is *much* harder to track down.

    Does anyone know how I can keep the call answering feature, and maybe keep the ducking feature, but get rid of this irritating & buggy pause/play feature?

    PS: I saw an amusing joke about this in a thread about disabling the ducking feature: "this is the first time someone has intentionally typed "ducking"! Feel free to keep that going! but also, please help! :)

    submitted by /u/netw3rker
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Beta 2, can't download any new releases - any ideas?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Stuck on Beta 2, can't download any new releases - any ideas?

    "The requested version of macOS is not available"

    iMac 5k Late 2014

    https://i.redd.it/qpix9u0xomc31.png

    submitted by /u/ericesquire
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel