• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 21, 2019

    macOS Has anyone seen this display problem before (2015 MBP)? I guess it's bad hardware, because the blur around the edge is an "analog" distortion.

    macOS Has anyone seen this display problem before (2015 MBP)? I guess it's bad hardware, because the blur around the edge is an "analog" distortion.


    Has anyone seen this display problem before (2015 MBP)? I guess it's bad hardware, because the blur around the edge is an "analog" distortion.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    Mail App Opens Randomly Bug?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    So I know this has been posted before but has the issue of the mail app opening randomly been solved yet?

    Basically, the mail app (when closed but not completely shut down) will open randomly a few times every hour. When you are in fullscreen, the mail app decides to open in split screen even though there is no new message.

    I was able to tolerate it at first but the bug is occurring very frequently now and I don't know what to do. I have three Gmail accounts on this mail app which I think might be the issue. Also, the calendar suggestion that was mentioned in the past does not work for me or many others. Are there any other possible solutions?

    submitted by /u/GatoradeGrenade
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Mac OS reinstallation using Internet recovery. It keeps saying "recovery server could not be contacted"

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    It's already connected to the internet. I've already cleaned up the SSD and im ready to reinstall however I could not reinstall MAC OS right now.

    Please help an apple newbie! Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/maxineg14
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove MacPerformance adware without installing anything (July 2019)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    So, just about every single link on the internet about this topic tells you to install their cleaning program. Here's how to get rid of it without all the nonsense:

    •Go to your Library folder
    **If you can't find it because something hid it: open Finder, click Command + Shift + G, and enter ~/Library/

    •Locate the folder "UpdateMac", delete it, then empty the trash

    •Open Activity Monitor and search for "MacPerformance"

    •If it's not there, you're all set. If it's there, double-click it and choose the "Quit" button, then click "Force Quit"

    This should remove it permanently, as long as you don't accidentally install it again.

    submitted by /u/D3PHKON
    [link] [comments]

    Clean install of new macOS in September

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    Will you do a clean install with your Mac in September, or just upgrade from current macOS to macOS Catalina?

    What is your way to go?

    submitted by /u/xXCyberRoninXx
    [link] [comments]

    Help: Deleting and merging old partition.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    I know this should be a simple task in Disk Utility, but I'm paranoid I'll delete my main partition so wanted to ask if someone could tell me exactly what to do. I have two partitions, one from an old macOS that I don't use anymore and the main partition that has my current MacOS. I want to delete the contents of the old partition and join the new free space to my main partition so it has more space (whole SSD actually) but everything else remains intact. Could anyone be super helpful and tell me the exact steps please? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Reboot loop. Have tried every startup command I can find, and nothing.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    So everything had been working perfectly for a really long time, like years on this same computer. Then a month or so ago i saw something about how you should use filevault. Well I did and I ran into that bug where it just perpetually stayed at encryption paused. Now things were still working fine as far as what i used my computer for, it would get wonky in ways it hadnt before, but it still by and large did what I needed it to. My plan was to get a larger external, backup everything, erase the internal and restore from the backup. I used carbon copy cloner. I ran into a few problems where the computer would just randomly shut off during the backup and stay shut off, but eventually I got the backup completed. And now I have a backup, I literally just want to erase everything on my internal drive and start over, but nothing works.

    In between each command I manually powered off the computer before manually restarting it then trying the next command. Each time the apple logo will appear and then after maybe 10 seconds the load bar appears like it normally does, but after loading for maybe 2 seconds. It restarts and that just keeps happening until I manually stop the loop by holding the power button until the computer shuts off.

    Holding shift - I get the circle with a line through it, like a no smoking symbol

    Command r - does nothing loop continues

    Command option r - select my wifi, then the load bar comes up with the globe above it or whatever, then the first time it took about 10 minutes to complete then it restarted and the loop continued, the second time it went for maybe 15-20 minutes until it was completed, then it restarted and loop continued

    Commamd d - ran, no hardware issues, i restart then loop continued

    Command v - I don't know enough to know what happens, but it runs for maybe 20 seconds and then it stops (it didn't look like it stop at any point it was supposed to, it was like it got stopped mid task) automatically restarts, loop continues

    Holding c with my external that has a backup that I have used as a boot drive and it worked, but when I used disk utility and tried to reformat, erase, or restore my internal drive, each got an error very quickly - after the boot loop started, now even when holding c nothing loads loop continues

    I'm getting close to the copier scene in office space. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/10037151
    [link] [comments]

    How to view pictures and videos in the photos app while offline (No wifi or cell service)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    Guy's i've tried scouring the internet for answers and can't seem to find a solution here. Maybe I just suck at researching.

    Anyways,

    I am trying to view videos that I recorded via screen record while I'm offline with no wifi or cell service. It keeps giving me an error with a little white circle and an exclamation point inside of it on the middle of the video. I tried messing around with the settings and chose "download and keep originals" option in the photo app settings. It still did not allow me to play the videos offline. I tried going into icloud and figuring out if I can download them straight to my phone but I did not see that option either.

    What is the easiest way to view your videos within the photo app while offline?

    TYIA

    submitted by /u/Thesmoothsailor
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Apple Logo every restart

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    Mid 2015 MBP/10.14.4- Last week restarted it and got stuck on the Apple logo. Couldnt get to safe boot, and no loading bar would display. Tried reinstalling the core OS and STILL would happen. I finally found that if I restarted in command-R mode, chose a startup disk, restarted, and then ALSO held option and chose the startup disk again, it would finally boot normally (only when I chose the disk twice like that). Now I find I have to do this everytime I restart. Keep in mind I try starting up with no peripherals attached though I wonder if my recent switch to a different audio interface (K-Mix) couldve have anything to do with it, just cuz not much else has changed in my setup. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/products7074740
    [link] [comments]

    Does this look normal? New 2019 MacBook Pro 13" entry level

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    Hi, please help me.! I received a Mac Book from Mom after their office moved to a new place. They've been allowing staff to take the items that they're replacing and one of them is a Mac! But I was not given a password. How to reformat without the Mac Book being connected to the internet?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I tried looking at self-reformatting instructions. But it shows that to re install Mac OS I must be connected to the internet. I don't know how to connect this laptop to the internet without signing in (which I can't do because, no password, boo.)

    Side note: We tried reaching the company's IT but he is unreachable. Items being given away were a lot, including office sofas, TV, laptops, speakers, monitors, etc. These are all being replaced in the new office and so they are just "disposing" everything. Mom happens to get a few lamps and this MacBook and an iPAD 5!

    EDIT : !!!

    The Apple ID for the iPAD is the with the IT guy so I still can't get in. Again, unreachable. I don't know how to get in anymore.

    Anyway, please help me, thank you!!!!

    submitted by /u/maxineg14
    [link] [comments]

    Media Manager with Folder Scan support

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    Hello,

    im searching for a Media Player on Mac OS that sync automatically with a specific folder. So everytime i add Music to that folder it will show in the media player.

    Is there any Software that will do it?

    submitted by /u/Deisenhofer
    [link] [comments]

    I booted up my 2012 macbook pro, and this happened. I got it from 1day since my dad is a cheapskate. 1day refurbishes macbooks (that’s why cheaper price). I got it in January and it had no problems until yesterday. Any help?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    Sync Apple account to university iMac

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    Is there any way to sync my own apple account to the university iMac (into which I log in with my uni credentials)? I want to use handover and iMessagge directly on the iMac (I don't have one at home and want to play around with it).

    submitted by /u/bybycorleone
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to have "Increase Contrast" on while keeping "Reduce Transparency" off?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    I remember seeing a post about a terminal command that turns "Increase Contrast" on but keeps "Reduce Transparency" off (https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/2jx4oy/you_can_have_increase_contrast_on_while_keeping/) But, this doesn't work in Mojave, and instead you receive the line:

    "Could not write domain com.apple.universalaccess; exiting"

    So is there a way to do this in Mac OS Mojave, or do I have to put up with Reduce Transparency?

    submitted by /u/alexe100
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel