• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 18, 2019

    iPhone Guess the price of the iPhone XR in Q4

    iPhone Guess the price of the iPhone XR in Q4


    Guess the price of the iPhone XR in Q4

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    So while all rumors are around the iPhone XI, I would like to ask all out there who put value first than latest tech. What do you think the iPhone XR will cost after the September event? I think it will become a great deal soon!

    submitted by /u/tempurastyle
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releasing third public beta of iOS 13 to users today

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    My experience switching from Android to iOS

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:29 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I want to share my experience when changing from Android to iOS.

    So to get started, I've been running Android since 2009 when I got my first smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Gio. I've pretty much exclusively owned Samsung phones except for one year when I had the Nexus 6P.

    Android is a great OS when it comes to customizing your setup, and there's a phone that suits everyone in every price range. The problem is, the fun stops there.

    I can't remember an Android phone I've had more than two years without being frustrated by the rapid increase of slugishness, decrease in battery life and complete lack of updates past two years. And if they do get updates, it takes at least 6 months after initial release of the new OS to get them.

    A couple of days ago I decided to leave my love-hate relationship with my Galaxy S8 to buy the iPhone Xs. To start off, the first thing I realized is the phone feels unlike any phone I've ever tested, including the S10 and Pixel 3. Everything just works and there's no delay when opening apps, it just works. The battery life is an insane upgrade and the display looks amazing. The colors are great and the pure blacks lake the colors pop.

    Face ID works much better than expected. I was a little wary of this as Touch ID and Android equivalents have become really fast over the years but there was nothing to worry about. The camera is great even though I'm not one for using the cameras often, the upgrade is nice. Portrait mode can be hit and miss with edge details and I've found the Xr's software based portrait mode to sometimes perform better, but that may just be me.

    One thing I love about Apple is their amazing device support, which is a major reason for me making this switch. I feel comfortable buying a phone for a thousand dollars knowing that I will be getting the same updates as the iPhone 12 and 13 or whatever they end up being named. The cross device support is also great, being able to take calls and answer messages on my Mac is a god send, and it spares battery life on my phone not having to constantly pick it up.

    There are a few things that I get caught up on that I wish Apple would fix. Fast charging out of the box. This has been on phones since 2013 and switching from a phone with quick charge to slow charging is real pain. I don't like charging my phone while I sleep and when I'm on the go, it's nice to know that I can charge my phone a little really quickly. Now I know that you can buy a macbook charger and a usb-c to lightning cable but that costs an extra 80$ or whatever it costs. It's something I would expect when paying a thousand dollars for a phone.

    Not being able to use non-Apple accessories kind sucks a little too. I have a Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch and the gear iconx headset and while you can use them with iPhone, the functionality is limited. Since Apple Pay isn't available at my bank yet but Samsung Pay is, it would have been nice to use Samsung Pay on my watch untill Apple Pay is available. This in my mind is a step back for me as I've barely used a physical credit card for over two years now. I like the convinience of paying with my phone and I don't have to kick myself if I accidentally forget my wallet, but until my bank gets Apple Pay, I'm stuck using my physical card again.

    These are some software issues I have to adjust to as well. A number row on top of the keyboard is one of the best things on Android. I hate having to switch between a regular keyboard and the number keyboard to input a number. I know you can download third party apps for this but I would much rather it be native on iOS as an option at least. Something that isn't neccessarily bad, more something I need to get used to is no navigation buttons. This is just something that Android uses and iOS doesn't and I'm sure I won't miss it when I get used to the more "gesture" heavy OS.

    All in all, I'm extremely pleased with my iPhone Xs and there only a few things that I miss from Android. I'm really excited for iOS 13 with automated shortcuts, dark mode and increased privacy settings. For me the switch was definitly worth the money, especially considering I already own an ATV4, iPad Air 2 and a Macbook.

    This post was slightly longer than I expected but I hope you all had a good read. Please comment if there's anything you'd like to discuss!

    submitted by /u/coriscaa
    [link] [comments]

    You can still buy the 6 year old iPod Touch 5th Gen 16GB in Apple's refurbished store for $120

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    Just a reminder: If you want faster login to websites without iOS asking for Touch ID then disable this toggle

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:05 PM PDT

    iOS and iPadOS 13 beta 4 signals death of 3D Touch, rise of Context Menu

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Essential, Must Have, Apps on your device (Free/Paid)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 12:10 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I'd read some past threads about apps that people download for their devices and I'd love to know what kind of apps you're running in your devices that you love for their simplicity/added value to your life, etc.

    I've just gotten onto Tweetbot, am currently using recently installed Apollo, and I have Dark Sky although I'm not sure if I want to leave location always on because of battery drain.

    Looking forward to suggestions!

    -M

    submitted by /u/UkrainianAce
    [link] [comments]

    Unmute iPhone notifications when Apple Watch is connected?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Is there a way to keep iPhone audible notifications on while having Apple Watch on? I am getting tired with the up to 20 second delay before a notification makes it from my phone to my watch and I find myself missing a lot of notifications. I end up taking my watch off a lot more often now as a result of the delay. Even with the silent switch turned off on my iPhone I only get the notifications to the watch

    submitted by /u/Hans_Grubert
    [link] [comments]

    Will You Buy the Next iPhone (11, XI, Xi)? Why/Why Not?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    It's that time of year in which the iPhone leaks get more and more detailed, and I'm wondering what everyone thinks of them. If you haven't seen the leaked designs, here are three of them: Option A, Option B, Option C

    While Options A & C look familiar, the lenses appear larger in Option A. Personally, I don't like any of them, but if I had to rank them, I'd say B, C, A. Unfortunately, Option A seems to be the latest leak. From what I've heard, the front of the phone seems to be very similar to the X (by appearance, at least.

    Getting to the point, what do you guys think? Will you buy the phone if it looks like this? If not, what could Apple do as far as hardware or software to make up for the appearance and tip your decision the other way? I plan on waiting for the 2020 iPhone, but I'm worried that it'll have the same camera module that this one does. Any ideas on what Apple could have done to execute the triple lens system better? Samsung has a horizontal row and Huawei has a vertical triple lens setup, do you prefer those?

    submitted by /u/A_TalkingWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    What’s everyone’s homescreen/setups looking like and why you set it up that way?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:35 AM PDT

    Post yours below, trying to figure out a good set up

    submitted by /u/Artezian
    [link] [comments]

    Stumbled across this really useful site that compares all iPhone models on over 40 different criteria.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Cases with slits for buttons.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:28 AM PDT

    Cases like the Spigen, UAG seem to now slits along the button to provide better feedback. Are they conducive to allowing dust build up inside the case at all?

    submitted by /u/ingenioutor
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple Care+ Worth it?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    I just got an XS Max a few days ago, I'm considering getting apple care for my phone however I realized I already have insurance through AT&T so would it even be worth it to pay the $200 for apple care?

    submitted by /u/alrighterica
    [link] [comments]

    Fun things to do with an iPhone XR

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 12:29 AM PDT

    So, I just got my first iPhone yesterday (iPhone XR) and I was wondering if anybody knew anything fun to do in an iPhone besides playing games and stuff

    submitted by /u/T3mpic
    [link] [comments]

    Moved the Apple logo down and erased the 'iPhone' script. I think the camera bump looks less like an afterthought this way. Screenshot taken from MKBHD's video. Thoughts?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    iPhone 6s

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 10:33 PM PDT

    Just got a replaced brand new 6s and updated it to the latest version. Batt doesn't seem to be so stable on it keeps falling slightly faster it's 3 days now since I updated it anyone with the same problem.
    Though 4g speed is superb after updating pls share ur wisdom.

    submitted by /u/burzind
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a replacement and sell it? (iPhone XS)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    Off the title but before we start, can we have a quick discussion about the iPhone 11's camera? I'm surprised no one mentioned the massive lenses on the iPhone 11 and I really want to talk about it. Have y'all noticed that the lens are larger on the iPhone 11 than iPhone XS, like the literal camera lens, not the camera glass. Does this mean we should expect significantly better pictures especially in low light conditions?

    Anyways -

    I plan on buying the new iPhone 11 and I am buying it outright. Then with the XS, I plan on going to the Apple store to get a replacement. The iPhone XS was water damaged so I'll pay the $600 or whatever.

    Can I then sell the device? It is a iPhone XS 256GB AT&T - locked. However, there should not be any connection between my iPhone XS replacement and my AT&T line yea? As long as I keep paying the monthly payments (I might just pay it off in full) they won't care? I'll sell it for like $750.

    The AT&T sim card will go into the iPhone 11 (which I will unblocked).

    Also, will it cheaper to get an out of warranty replacement for the iPhone XS AFTER the iPhone 11 is released? Since it will be an outdated model?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SultanOilMoney
    [link] [comments]

    Battery percentages

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Hi all ! Are the battery health percentage that important because mine now is 89% but the life of the battery is the same when it was on 93% . What do you guys think about that ?

    submitted by /u/iwandm2
    [link] [comments]

    Home button

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    Sorry if this question is a bit silly but does the home button become looser over time?

    My 6s plus home button is very loud and almost tight if that makes sense? It still works, it's just very annoying.

    I was wondering if it would become almost softer to press over time. Thanks:)

    submitted by /u/ninashasha
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding 'Permission to Access Camera Roll'

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    With the recent craze of FaceApp many are saying that granting permission to the camera gives them free rein on one's camera roll.

    However, I haven't been able to find clarification on whether the entire camera roll can be accessed/sent to a database by the app or if it is only the images which the user choses to be edited by the app.

    Anyone have some insight on this?

    submitted by /u/cruisewithus
    [link] [comments]

    When did people start getting notified of location alerts?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    So I just created a notification so that I'm alerted when one of the people on my Find My app leaves an area, I get notified. I've done this countless times except this time it said the person will be notified if I choose to create the notification. When did this start?

    submitted by /u/A_TalkingWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel