• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 28]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 28]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 28]

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    These types of apps shouldn’t belong to the App Store.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:33 AM PDT

    Do the latest aluminum iPhones (7, 8, XR) use 7000 series aluminum?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    Shortcuts

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:04 AM PDT

    Does anyone actually use shortcuts effectively? I have tried the app multiple times but find it somewhat useless.

    What do you find super useful and can't live without?

    submitted by /u/plutoniclama
    [link] [comments]

    What does an unsupported iPhone ACTUALLY mean

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6 plus. It will not be supported on IOS 13 but what does that actually mean in reality. Will things like my banking app stop working when the updates happen?

    I might be optimistic but I'm hoping to keep the phone for 1 more year and have full functionality. Even if I can't have IOS 13.

    submitted by /u/WhyDoIAlwaysQuit
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend can unlock her sisters iPhone XS via Face ID. And no, they aren’t twins

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    So tonight my partner picked up her sisters iPhone XS to airdrop some photos. In the process she didn't even think about the phone being locked initially until it went to sleep. She then noticed the 'Unlock' animation when she woke it back up.

    We all looked at each other and thought, No way..... So time to test it again, my partners sister picked her phone up, locked it and then unlocked it as normal. My partner then picked the phone up and proceeded to unlock it about 10 times in a row. Funny thing is she wears glasses where her sister doesn't. So glasses off this time and it unlocked another 10 times in a row....

    They aren't twins in any sense, there are 4 years between them. They are both Asian so this may be a factor in it. I know Face ID uses an infrared dot map which should be pretty accurate but obviously nothing can be 100%.

    Thought it was worth sharing as it was the first I've seen or really heard of something like this happening. I thought Face ID was supposed to be pretty secure and even more so than Touch ID ?

    I can post a video as proof later for you.

    Edit: Here's the video https://streamable.com/9u6o0

    submitted by /u/Stakex
    [link] [comments]

    Apple lightening hdmi adapter for iPhone 6 Plus question

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 01:44 PM PDT

    I have 2 of these adapters and they both do the same thing. Quick background story my ISP is working in fixing an in ground cable so my home internet has been down for a week. I have been using my unlimited phone data with the adapter to watch YouTube tv but only when the adapter is plugged into the phone (phone is also charging) it buffers and cannot load most of the time. When I unplug the adapter it loads after6 seconds. Anyone know why? I have 2 bars out of 4 anywhere in my house and att service.

    submitted by /u/Astars26
    [link] [comments]

    The next iPhones should have a laser pointer

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    What’s up with (RED) iPhones on specific models?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    When I was going to upgrade from iPhone 6 last summer I was going to go with (RED) iPhone 8 (it was currant at the time. Then I decided to wait for the new phones and see what they had to offer. I ended up choosing the model you see next to my name but no (RED) model unless you go with the lesser model, the XR and I'm wondering what is up with that? Why couldn't Apple have implemented (RED) as an option for the XS and XS Max users? Is there something preventing that?

    submitted by /u/PopMart_1997
    [link] [comments]

    Whitestone Dome Help

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    I think the install went well, but is it common with these glass screen protectors to have visible glare/reflections around the edges of it? I usually don't use them so I'm not really sure what to expect.

    submitted by /u/zlcooper
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple have a good app for the UI while you’re driving? (Like CarPlay)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Blows my mind that Apple doesn't support an alternate UI on your phone when you're driving. I don't have a CarPlay compatible receiver and I'm not going to buy one, but I want similar functionality from my phone. Android Auto does it and it's functional.

    submitted by /u/lazyguffaw
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Anyone else listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker and the music just keeps cutting in and out? It's extremely annoying and I know it's not my speaker that's the issue.

    submitted by /u/fuxwifme
    [link] [comments]

    Weird “gap” on my iPhone XR!?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    How Long Do You Think The iPhone SE/6S Will Last?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    (Written On iPhone SE)

    submitted by /u/737100
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel