• Breaking News

    Friday, July 26, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 26]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 26]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 26]

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [July 26]

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple confirms 1B$ acquisition of Intel’s smartphone modem business

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    My collection

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:56 AM PDT

    iPhone 5s blows up in a dudes face...

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    So is it only me, or whenever FaceID fails, it takes me two damn times to type in my passcode because it always misses out the first number?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    Apple to acquire the majority of Intel's smartphone modem business.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    Weird Bluetooth Issues?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    I've been using my iPhone XS for ages with all manner of Bluetooth speakers and headphones and it's been solid. I commute with my AirPods and I'm not sure I've ever heard them skip.

    I recently bought some Senheisser HD 4.5 SE Bluetooth headphones and wore them while walking around, only to be disappointed that the audio skips like crazy. I thought it was just bad headphones but then I noticed my AirPods also started skipping!

    I unpaired the Senheissers and now things seem back to formal.

    i would appreciate some ideas what is happening here and what, if anything, I can do to resolve it (without ditching the Senheissers).

    My best guess is that these require some unstable codec or Bluetooth functionality, and that's getting pulled into my iPhone Bluetooth stack when paired.

    submitted by /u/ashenaardvark
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or notifications are very intermittent?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Notifications sometimes work, but often not. Phone doesn't always vibrate. This applies to all notifications for all apps. Very often I miss a messages as they just don't show up on screen at all. This is my second iphone that behaves like this.

    submitted by /u/NoLoginsAvailable
    [link] [comments]

    Apple has closed a $1 billion deal bringing an iPhone 5G a step closer

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:56 AM PDT

    Has anyone installed a replacement battery themselves?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    How did it work out? Is the phone working fine and is it worth doing? I'm looking to save money and don't want to spend $50 to replace the battery on my iphone 6s plus.

    submitted by /u/dumbowl6
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit widget?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've been a long time lurker here. This subreddit has helped me a lot.

    Do you know any reddit ios apps that also has widgets?

    Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience

    submitted by /u/Mis22
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone here used an Otterbox commuter with their iPhone 8? What were your experiences?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    I really liked the commuter on my SE but I've heard that it doesn't fit the 8 very well; that's it's too small and the stress of the case being stretched like this overtime causes even the hard plastic to crack. Has this been anyone's experience?

    submitted by /u/2pfrannce
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max damaged by seawater - AppleCare+ to the rescue?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I was recently on vacation and happened to get seawater damage on the phone which I suspect has caused the screen to be unresponsive to touch. The phone still lights up, the buttons all work as I was able to restart the phone several times but the screen itself is unresponsive to touch after several hours of glitching and creating its own inputs that didn't correspond to my touches.

    I have a Genius appointment for later today but I'm assuming that due to the seawater, there's probably going to be no repair that can be done to it and I'll have to get a new device. What are the chances of me coming out of that appointment with a device that works/a new device?

    I do have AppleCare+ on the device.

    Thanks in advance!

    -M

    submitted by /u/UkrainianAce
    [link] [comments]

    Why though?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Question re: using esim for backup data plan

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    My primary service provider is T-Mobile, and I have a physical SIM card in my iPhone for that line. Most of the time I have no coverage issues, but there are a few times when I know Verizon has coverage where T-Mobile does not. I am contemplating getting a cheap Verizon plan to use as backup for these rare occasions. I'm curious what that experience would look like. Would I need to manually change settings on the phone to use the Verizon line on my phone, or does the phone automatically choose the secondary line if the primary line has no service?

    submitted by /u/seannymurrs
    [link] [comments]

    No facetime

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Buying an iphone xs with no facetime? Should I really worry or it doesn't really differ ? It has no facetime because I'm in the middle east.

    submitted by /u/smith1720
    [link] [comments]

    A good reliable VPN with a built-in ad-blocker?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    So, my friend has an iPhone 7 that has a VPN app that has a built in ad blocker that not only blocks ads in browsers, but also in apps, like games. I never knew that was possible. He said he downloaded it before it got taken down.

    So, is there any other vpn app like this one?

    submitted by /u/repsneaksarelife
    [link] [comments]

    All aboard the nostalgia train

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:54 AM PDT

    Scary phone call glitch

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    So I was just on the phone to my mum and halfway through the phone call I heard what sounded like an explosion or bang and then what I can only describe as alien noises. It sounded like someone flapping their lips and tongue and going 'blablabla' but honestly sounded like something from Alien or Predator. It was terrifying and I hung up. I called my mum back straight away and asked her about it, she said she'd heard it too and thought i'd dropped my phone, she then hangs up because it happened again. I'm so freaked out, has anyone else had this happen or know what could have happened?

    submitted by /u/unsungbook
    [link] [comments]

    My grandparents went through their storage shed and found these two beauties

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Question on Apple/iOS specifically and privacy

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys!!

    Just got a new iphone XS and f'ing loving it!

    Was having a discussion with my brother today on privacy and data-selling.

    My question is this:

    Android lists your permissions being given when installing an app--and most apps try and manipulate whatever types and amounts of data they can to their profit. What does apple do about this? Are apps able to access just as much meta + user data?

    Thank you for the discussion!!

    AGB

    X posted from r/apple

    submitted by /u/AGovernmentBody
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Paint

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:45 AM PDT

    Does anyone think that there should be a product for the iPhone 7 down that is like a paint for the back. I have a big scratch on my 6s and wish there was a space grey paint 🎨.If there are any product producers i would really appreciate a paint for the iPhone 6s space grey.

    submitted by /u/Benliddell1104
    [link] [comments]

    Save current shuffle as a new playlist?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    so i went running after work today and had an amazing shuffle going. i'd like to save this current shuffle as its own playlist but i don't know if that's possible?

    i did some searching and people suggested manually writing down/remembering the order, or syncing to itunes and looking at the "recently played" list, but this shuffle has over 1,000 songs. given i'm only about 40 in, but short of manually going through the list, is there a simple solution to saving it?

    submitted by /u/amplifiedfart
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel