• Breaking News

    Friday, July 19, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/17

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/17


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/17

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a used 2015 Pro 12.9” for $280 on ebay. Not one scratch. This one will go to my mom because she deserves more than an iPad 2 in 2019.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    Any ideas for cleaning? It’s an official Apple case but really doesn’t like to be cleaned. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    RStudio, a statistics and data analysis IDE, running on an iPad (instructions in comments)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    I sized some wallpapers for the iPadOS home screen

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    For 11-inch iPad Pro Owners

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    Does your Apple Pencil fall off the magnetic portion of the frame when you have the iPad in a backpack with no case?

    submitted by /u/zomedleba
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there differences in pencil input latency across apps?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    So I've had an iPad Pro for about a week. Great device for note taking! What I don't understand is why there are so many differences in input lag across note taking apps. I understand there's some machine learning that makes the pen "feel" faster. But I wanted to understand more.

    • Apple Notes: by far the quickest.

    • Notability: close second.

    • GoodNotes, Noteshelf, OneNote, ZoomNotes all feel a bit slower, with OneNote having imho the worst handwriting "feel" of the group, and Noteshelf the best.

    these differences really make it hard to make a choice solely based on features, especially when most of these apps are not exactly cheap. in the end I'm using Notability because it has low input latency and good "feel", but honestly I'd rather use Noteshelf or ZoomNotes as they have many more features/styles.

    I always thought there was some kind of API for handwriting so that it would perform similarly in all apps using it. so why are there so many differences?

    submitted by /u/involuntarheely
    [link] [comments]

    iPad and notability for college

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Ok guys, I need an ELI5 on how to purchase digital textbooks and get them on notability to read and annotate. Can someone give me a basic walkthrough on how to do it? Up until recently I was a pen and paper guy.

    submitted by /u/the_pro_inquirer
    [link] [comments]

    iPad as the future of computing?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    I'm just going to keep it short and simple and want to see your responses.

    1. How can a product with limited functionality be the future of computing?
    2. Just like the introduction of personal computers in the 70s/80s are we going through the same thing with the iPad?
    3. What future innovations can Apple do with the iPad that can enhance our lives?

    So far I just can't picture doing anything productively with ease on a tablet.

    I have a 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 btw.

    submitted by /u/beenthere_reddthat
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    I plan to buy an iPad for myself and I would like to know with this new system could I download a video in torrent and open the video on the iPad itself? PS: I've never had an iPad, so I don't know if can already do it.

    submitted by /u/aarhonpaulo
    [link] [comments]

    I really have no idea what to get.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    I've had iPads since the iPad 2 came out and I've never been without one. Right now I have the iPad Pro 9.7. In September I'm going to university and I've been eyeing the MacBook Pro that just came out. I'm really stuck between the new iPad Pro and the MacBook Pro at the moment. Some people say that they've completely switched to iPad Pro for their work while others say it's not enough. My course will only really consist of essays and writing rather than anything really intensive so word processing is only what I really need. How is typing on the iPad Pro keyboard and what is Microsoft Word like on it? I already have a desktop PC so that's why I'm thinking of the iPad Pro because I when I get back to my PC I can just switch over to work on that. If I were to get the Pro which size would be best? The 12.9 obviously has more screen real estate but the 11 inch has a nicer form factor. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Aufblitzen
    [link] [comments]

    iPad without a cover?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    I'm in the midst of buying a new iPad case. Lately, I find my iPad cover very flimsy and it can deteriorate so easily and when I watch videos or use the iPad for a long period of time, the cover can be annoying to hold on to.

    I'm thinking of just buying an iPad case with just a support on its back and buy an Apple Pencil holder than can magnet itself on the cover for easy storage.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/shunobokkusu
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 9.7" kid case recommendations

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Am buying my 8 year old her first iPad (regular 9.7", not pro) and wondering if anyone has good recommendations for a case to keep the iPad safe in a young kids hands. Ideally, no more than $20-25.

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/hsingh2005
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should have given more freedom to the IPad OS

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    I admittedly love the new OS, that's true, but I really wanted more freedom,especially in the customization area. If Apple decided to give us widgets on home screen, why the hell couldn't they give widgets like Android? I still don't get it. In the past years they objected that widgets weren't necessary, now they do make use of them, but in my opinion in a very limited way again. I have seen many ipad OS setups and I usually see weather, calendar and stocks (who the fuck needs stocks on the screen?). That is the reason that I find myself using my wife's tab s5e more often than my iPad (which I love mainly for drawing and notes keeping). My point is that Apple should have taken all the good things of Android and implement them in iPad OS (they would probably be more polished and effective either way).

    Ps: please no fan boys comments. I love both ios and android, because they have really different things to offer, and I use them both.

    submitted by /u/GrownUpGuy
    [link] [comments]

    I have a USB type C card reader to look at raspberry pi SD cards, will/can there be any extra functionality here like being able to format or write images? In iOS 13.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    Alpine Linux Terminal running on IPad Pro 10.5”

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    Suggestion for PDF reader which instantly jumps to next page?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    I just bought my first iPad, and im very close to having all the things I need.

    The thing im longing for the most is a PDF reader which has the feature of instantly jumping to the next page. The lecturers at my university release the lecture presentations as PDF files. One page in the PDF represents one "state" in the Presentation. This means there can be multiple pdf pages for one presentation slide.

    If I use a PDF reader that uses a scrolling animation between the pages in a PDF document, it is very difficult to see any small additions of content to a presentation slide. If the reader would instead can jump to the next PDF page instantly, I can easily see the new content.

    Thanks for taking the time to read my question!

    submitted by /u/whatboxineed
    [link] [comments]

    12 of the best hidden features found in iOS 13 and iPadOS

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    I need your help. I‘m in the hospital till next week (Friday) Should i let bring my iPad (without Apple Care) or my MacBook (with Apple Care) here to me? I‘m just scared something could happen, that they could get damaged or stolen even when I have a safe here. Which one would be a smarter decision?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    Considering ditching my Smart Keyboard folio for a regular folio case once iPadOS 13 is out thanks to the swipe keyboard.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    Has anyone else been in this boat? I use my iPad Pro every day with the Smart Keyboard Folio but since iPadOS 13 has been announced I've been enticed by the idea of removing the weight of the keyboard folio by utilizing the swipe keyboard only and getting a slim folio case on amazon. After using my iPad for a while with the Smart Keyboard off I actually forgot how light this 11" device is.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/LowerMontaukBranch
    [link] [comments]

    The iPad Pro was all set up but soon after it automatically came up with the Apple icon with black background. Why would that happen? How can I fix it? Any advice? Thanks.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Any e-mail apps which work in sync across my iPad, Android phone and Macbook?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:55 PM PDT

    Im looking for the best app to keep all my email accounts in synch across all my devices. I currently use Spark which is great on my iPad and Macbook but unfortunately its not available on the Google Playstore for my Pocophone. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Tnuoccatset6476
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find simple mp3 music player..

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:26 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I usually find music on Youtube and then use online converters to download them as mp3s. On my Android phone, this is enough to add the songs to the music player. I was wondering if this is possible for iPad? I've tried several apps but they don't seem to load the mp3s, or wants me to connect to iTunes.

    Anyone has any ideas?

    My version is 12.1.1

    submitted by /u/menvadihelv
    [link] [comments]

    Can't seem to update iPad to latest iPadOS Beta

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    Running the iPadOS beta on my old iPad Air 2, and it runs pretty well, loving all the new features. But with the new beta release yesterday, it isn't showing up as available. I also can't seem to figure out where to find which version of the beta I'm currently on. Any ideas? Or should I just wipe and reload?

    submitted by /u/ra4oasis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel