• Breaking News

    Friday, July 26, 2019

    iPad I can read, take notes, make music, study, learn and watch anywhere on this planet!! iPad Pro is the most valuable purchase I’ve made

    iPad I can read, take notes, make music, study, learn and watch anywhere on this planet!! iPad Pro is the most valuable purchase I’ve made


    I can read, take notes, make music, study, learn and watch anywhere on this planet!! iPad Pro is the most valuable purchase I’ve made

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:36 AM PDT

    Mobile productivity is great

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    My Notes

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    iPad Pro 11 $600 at Best Buy

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    Best Buy has for My Best Buy Student Members: 64GB Apple iPad Pro 11" WiFi Tablet (Latest Model) for $599.99 when you follow the steps listed below. Shipping is free, otherwise select free store pickup where stock permits.

    1. Sign in or create a My Best Buy account.
    2. Sign up for Student Deals (a .edu email is not required).
    3. Once enrolled, your Student Deals will appear on your Member Offers page. Add 64GB Apple iPad Pro 11" WiFi Tablet (Latest Model) to cart and checkout Space Gray (MTXN2LL/A) Silver (MTXP2LL/A)
    4. Apply the 'Save $50 on select iPad Pro models' offer at checkout (shown on the final 'Place Your Order' page or on the product page).
    5. Total should $599.99 + Free Shipping
    submitted by /u/Johnfire18
    [link] [comments]

    Is iPad Smart Folio Keyboard worth it?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    A couple months ago I purchased a new iPad and I needed a keyboard for it, so I got the Fintie one. Don't get me wrong, it's a good keyboard, but there are some aspects I don't personally like (example: the keyboard kind of hangs off the magnetic part of the case). I've always loved apple products, so I'm thinking of buying the Smart Folio Keyboard but just want to know, is it worth the $179 price tag?

    submitted by /u/cman6435
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to buy a Bluetooth mouse to use with iPadOS?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    Hey everyone.

    I'm running an iPad Pro 10.5' with a Brydge Keyboard (ever since my Smart Keyboard started crapping out on me too much).

    That means it has taken a more notebook-styled approach when compared to how I used it with the Smart Keyboard.

    With that in mind, do you think its worth it to buy a Bluetooth mouse just to use with the iPad (since I already have a good mouse for my desktop and I have no intention of replacing it right now with a bluetooth model)? Is the mouse support useful and mature enough to warrant its use?

    I'd love to hear some thoughts, as I've always been one to believe iPad Pros needed mouse support, but I'm not sure if its good enough as is.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/reasonablyminded
    [link] [comments]

    Students: is an iPad just for studying worth it?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    In order to focus, one could get rid of all usual distractions like Netflix and iMessage. If used solely for studying, is an iPad Pro or any new iPad really, worth it? Sounds quite a bit more expensive than just keeping cheap notebooks to take notes and buying and then reselling books. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone seen this? Looks pretty cool

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 07:05 AM PDT

    Apps Used & Note Samples from a Biology Major

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Apps Used & Note Samples from a Biology Major

    https://i.redd.it/dg3tbbt1epc31.png

    https://i.redd.it/oxd5nat2epc31.png

    https://i.redd.it/hi1nk8o3epc31.png

    https://i.redd.it/5wn4bsh4epc31.png

    https://i.redd.it/sb4zw995epc31.png

    I received a message earlier from another biology major who's thinking about buying an iPad for use in their studies. They were curious as to what my overall workflow is like, what apps I use, and if I could provide some examples of stuff that I write up & annotate during/after class.

    Here's a link with some screen shots of my apps used, notes taken, & practice material I've written up for the students who attend my SI sessions (gen chem - organic chem).

    https://imgur.com/a/vtFlTne

    My overall workflow mostly consists of just using the Apple Pencil. I carry around a Logitech K380 in my bag, but tbh I rarely ever feel the need to use it. The best 3rd party accessory I've bought for the iPad (12.9" 3rd gen) is the Zugu Muse case ( https://www.amazon.com/ZUGU-CASE-Muse-Case-Protective/dp/B07K1M4PHY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0BA6W1SX3T0DN7GJ4A4K ) . Before I using the Otterbox Symmetry 360, which while it is a nice case (and I really like the transparent back), it was really uncomfortable to use in landscape mode while taking notes; it was pretty much a 2-handed job with my left hand keeping the iPad from falling over while I wrote with my right hand. With the Zugu case I can easily put the iPad in whatever position I want it to via the kickstand, and it stays put while I write on it.

    As a bio major, there is nothing which requires me to have more than the iPad while I'm on campus, or even at home. My desktop PC has been collecting some dust as it is now mostly for occasional gaming. MCAT study is pretty awesome with the iPad, having a copy of all my Kaplan books in one place and being able to annotate directly onto the pages. I can also access all of my AAMC eMCAT practice materials easily via my iPad. I honestly don't anticipate I'll need more than this when I go to medical school, and several of my friends who've already gone through it have said I really wouldn't need anything else (except access to a large monitor at home for having 10+ tabs open). If the program I get into requires me to buy a laptop, or provides one, it'll most likely sit at home as it would feel a little redundant to have both on me at the same time.

    Hope this sheds a little bit of light for anyone who's on the fence about whether or not an iPad could be beneficial to their workflow/media consumption/ etc. Coming from having a 2010 15" MBP that I barely used outside of web-browsing and typing up papers, I'm really happy I decided to upgrade with the 12.9" iPad Pro.

    submitted by /u/FritoBanditOW
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with the iPad Pro listings on Amazon? Are those prices to be trusted?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    I have a first gen 12.9" iPad Pro that is going strong, but I use it constantly, for up to 8 hours a day doing art and animation for work so I'd like to have a backup that can also used by an assistant. When I search for models on Amazon the top results use a jumble of language like "latest model" and "renewed" and are at prices far below what is listed on a site like Macrumors. What's the deal here and what should be avoided? I've read on this sub that the bending issue is only on cellular models so I'm going to skip that but are there any other red flags to watch out for?

    submitted by /u/HeyPScott
    [link] [comments]

    Notability audio recording?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I wanted to ask those who use notability with audio recording, when you're replaying back your recording can you continue writing or do you have to stop the audio before you can add more notes, etc? thanks

    submitted by /u/dbison
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an inexpensive alternative to the gen 1 Apple Pencil that is just as good?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    Hi guys! So I'm wondering if all generic pencils are created equal. It would be used as a therapy tool maybe with an Art app, but would also be used to take notes and better help my GF (who it's for) organize her life. Any advice? Thanks so much! The story below is why I'm asking, and it's one story that I'm very happy and proud to share, and you can read it if you'd like. Take care and looking forward to some answers/advice :)

    As short as I can make it, the story is all about my wonderful GF. She's been hospitalized for just over a week and is receiving treatment for her mental health. This is been a long time coming, as this loving, caring, sweet girl has suffered for many years, wanting to be better and happy and to enjoy life, but feeling weighed down by failure and fear.

    I have been absolutely BLOWN AWAY at the time and energy she has put into her treatment/recovery! Her voice is full of life again, and she is looking forward to continuing to work on herself and grow as a person. I love her so much, there isn't anything in the world I wouldn't do to keep her safe and happy.

    She is learning how to bring more structure to her days, and has always struggle with what she can do to occupy her mind and time. She wants hobbies and activities she can do, and I had been telling her (even before the hospital) that one day something or multiple things she sees passion in will fall on her lap. I believe the first thing has arrived in the form of art!

    She's never considered herself an artist, but she's always loved doodling and "adult coloring books" lol. But, the hospital has a group involving iPads and Apple pencils and (I think) Procreate. Hearing her talk about how much relief sketching/coloring brings her and the different exercises the therapist leading the group has her do...THE HAPPINESS IN HER VOICE MAKES ME CRY TEARS OF JOY!

    I have a 9.7" Pro, and I want to look into somehow getting her a pencil so she can capitalize on this activity. She had her own iPad once, but she smashed it against the wall after a particular episode. She's always felt ashamed of that day, especially because it was her first one and used it all the time. There's no way soon we'd ever afford getting an iPad she can call her own, but the next best thing would be surprising her with an Apple Pencil so she can continue that therapy and have something to ease her mind. A big goal is for her to keep a daily "to do list" to bring organization to her mind, and I genuinely believe it would be encouraging and more enjoyable for her doing so on my iPad!

    If the Pencil is cheap enough, her parents might consider buying it for her. They don't have much money, and I don't have any, but just maybe there's one out there we can find a way to get. I'll even take out a loan on my car's title if I have to!

    So I wanted to share my/her story so you can see why I'm looking for the bottom price I can find lol. The biggest gift she is getting is a renewed lease on life, but I'm so proud of how much energy she is putting into this and I would love to surprise her with this gift the day I pick her up from the hospital! Thanks for reading :)

    submitted by /u/TheCoastalCardician
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iPad performance during gaming.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Me and my brother have exactly the same iPad, the iPad Pro 10.5 inch 2017 256GB. I bought mine a year before he got his iPad. I also bought mine in the US and he bought his in Europe.

    Me and my brother play PUBG Mobile occasionally. In some situations I get big fps drops when his device doesn't in the same situation. We both use the same graphic settings in game.
    My question is how can I solve my fps drops? I have more than 50 GB's of free storage and I make sure nearly no apps are running in the background.

    Would a factory reset solve the issue with 100% guarantee? Or could this be hardware related?

    submitted by /u/steks13
    [link] [comments]

    iPad carrying bag suggestions

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    I have the 10.5 pro and i was wondering what carrying bag would go well with it

    submitted by /u/Goatlikejordan
    [link] [comments]

    Perfectionism

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Just joined the iPad Pro family. I love this product and I'm using it very much. The only problem I found is that I tend to be to much worried about it. I'm planning to buy an Apple Care, but today, while I was attaching it to the keyboard, it fell on to the keyboard itself (on to the table). I think that is ok, since it was only 2 cm, but i think that I should be less phobic. Could you help me telling you experience?

    submitted by /u/Ricca21
    [link] [comments]

    Brydge (Previous GEN!!) price drop (UK only?)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:07 AM PDT

    I've just ordered the 12.9 2015/2017 (1st/2nd GEN) iPad Pro keyboard from Brydge's UK site for £81 delivered.

    The price appears to have temporarily (?) dropped to £93. Add the discount code "TWENTY" at checkout for an extra £20 off.

    Hope this is useful for anyone who, like me, has been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these.

    Looks like it's only available in silver and gold at the moment.

    submitted by /u/flexi_led
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 2 owners. When are you upgrading?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    Ipad 2017 Headphone jack issue?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:19 AM PDT

    Hope someone can help, but when you plug you're headphones in do any of you get a popping like click, hiss sound which then goes away?. I get it again when I play a video at the start and again it goes away but I can't remember if this is normal?.

    submitted by /u/Rirawin
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for the cheapest iPad model that still gets updated.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 11:23 PM PDT

    Which iPad is cheapest and will still get iPadOS when it comes out?

    submitted by /u/torontorebel
    [link] [comments]

    Opening Large PDF Files on iPad

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:05 AM PDT

    Is anyone experiencing a problem opening large PDF files on their iPAD? The file just keeps jumping to the first page of the PDF file for some odd reason? Is this a recent problem?

    Furthermore, I was sitting in a client meeting marking up a PDF, to open it again, and see that my markups have disappeared. I had to take screen shots of my notes to avoid losing them.

    submitted by /u/rogeh_r
    [link] [comments]

    is the ipad mini to small?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    looking for my first tablet and torn between the air and mini.

    I have s10+ and I'm afraid the screen of the mini doesn't make a difference.

    going to use it for web browsing\media conception.

    what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/sheinmantom
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the following combinations of Apple/Macbooks is best for a student?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    (1) Only an iPad Pro 2019 12.9" (256G)B, with keyboard and stylus

    (2) One MacBook Air 2018 (512 GB) AND one iPad Pro 11" (2019)

    Do all programs run on iOS? The Apple Pencil surprised me in how good it is. The smaller iPad has advantages over the 12.9 but also the other way round. I'm not an artist.

    For 11: reading, taking pictures, better to carry

    For 12.9: working with, writing on, watching movies on

    submitted by /u/Iwillrun4president
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel