• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [July 28]

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [July 28]


    Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [July 28]

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to today's 'Joined the Club'/Standard Config Megathread.

    Want to show off your newly purchased Apple Watch? Here's the place! Introduce yourself to the community and show off your new Apple Watch and or your new band!

    This is the place for standard configuration configs (those that can be bought off Apple's website as a bundle). If you have a custom watch/band combo, please post it outside the thread!


    Rules

    1. Use a reputable image host. imgur.com is preferable. You do not have to set your album to public - simply copy the link.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    Here's all the previous joined the club threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Summer Moderation Feedback Thread

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    If you have noticed in the last couple of weeks, the sub has been on a slightly less-moderated state. What happened? A few of our moderators have been slightly busy with life and work, and we decided to try and be a bit laxer with certain submissions and ... see what happens. Given that this time in the summer is very slow on Watch news, this time was as good as any to experiment a bit.

    I want us to discuss two things: Activity Posts and "My Watch" posts.

    First, we saw a few more posts about activity than usual. We generally see a lot of reports on those threads, but at the same time, we see them getting hundreds of upvotes. As a team, we are really torn on how to handle those posts. An added complication is the amount of posts. One screenshot of a significant milestone is probably easy enough to scroll past for those that are not interested. But when one such post generates upvotes, there are a lot of submissions that follow it with a "me too!" theme. Those threads are especially prevalent around the end of the month, when people finish their monthly goals.

    We ask you, how much activity stuff do you WANT to see on your /r/applewatch front page? A little? All of it? None at all? Should we change the rule to be more specific (e.g. minor awards cannot be posted alone, huge milestones are maybe okay?).


    Second, on posting pictures of a Watch: our current rule, which was voted as generally popular and agreeable back in our community feedback questionnaire back in January, is this: Pictures of a Watch should be clear, focused, and the Watch should have a "non-default" band combination.

    This rule allows people to show their Watch when they add their own personal flair to it with a band but disallows us seeing the same "just unboxed this!" standard configurations.

    We generally see good posts generate a lot of upvotes, while worse pictures float around 0, so we think the community is great at filtering content with their votes. Pictures of boxes, and pictures of wrists lacking a Watch (i.e. "watch tan" pictures, or "this is where I would put my Watch, if I had one/it hadn't been broken/stolen/etc") are generally removed. We also receive a large number of reports on pictures with original band combos - there is a clear number of users who would like to not see a watch picture at all in the sub.

    What are your thoughts on Watch picture submissions?


    Finally, no matter what happens with the above two controversial topics, the mod team is committed to keeping the sub spam-free. There are some submissions that are blogspam, ads for bootleg products, "hey guys check out my youtube", and other silliness. The mod team is committed to nuking those when we see them (or if one slips, when it's reported), and if you haven't seen many of them, we take that as a win. The only self-promotion that we really like is when app developers show up to tell us about their cool apps.

    If you have any other general thoughts or constructive feedback, we'll take it! While we don't have an exact date yet, we would like to run another feedback survey to help us understand what does the community want out of its moderation. Help us help you, and all that jazz.

    submitted by /u/person95
    [link] [comments]

    Just purchased a Space Grey Series 3 as an upgrade to my Polar M600! Am loving it so far!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:34 AM PDT

    It’s a start, and I’m proud of it.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    Habit creator app that uses activity ring visuals. For those who would like the ring closing satisfaction in more aspects of their life. (It’s also free)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 01:25 AM PDT

    My partner and I spent the entire day together yesterday. We’ve both got S3 Apple Watches. What’s the deal with his minutes exercising (left) being so high?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:53 AM PDT

    Hey hey it’s Sunday

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    At last! Acquired Hyper Grape sport loop.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    Finally upgraded after my S2 decided it was time to give it up!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    Close your rings from Ali..

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    Here’s to (hopefully) getting 265 more! Goal is set at 600.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    Tossing up between a Garmin and AW - some queries regarding AW native functions.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I'm tossing up between getting a new Garmin watch or the AW4. I used to have a Series 3 but I sold it when I moved to Android, though I'm back to iOS now.

    Good fitness tracking and heart rate monitoring is a must for me. Many people might recommend the Garmin for this reason (?) but I also loved being able to leave my phone at home when I had the AW and a few other minor features (such as pinging my phone because I always misplace it). So, if the AW meets my fitness tracking needs I'm okay with that. I've been getting into running but I'm an absolute beginner and mostly run indoors. I also like to swim, strength train at the gym and participate in team sports. I am kinda into stats of my runs though which the Garmin has served me well in. Thoughts?!

    One of my main questions is: are you able to edit workouts on the AW? On the native Health app? (As I assume you definitely can on third party apps?). For example on my current Garmin I can edit distance and duration of a run after I've saved it, which is crucial for treadmill runs as the watch can't accurately measure distance so I edit it to match the treadmill stats.

    Secondly, is it true that heart rate isn't constantly monitored on the AW? And during workouts can you get warnings when you're in particular heart rate zones?

    Third question is regarding sleep tracking - true that there is no native function for this?

    Lastly is regarding runs - can you custom them with intervals?

    Thanks so much!

    Also anyone who has moved from Garmin to AW and vice versa I'd love to hear your thoughts, particularly regarding how fitness tracking goes on it.

    submitted by /u/ganglyboobs
    [link] [comments]

    I think I should change my “Active” ring’s value, as for now I’m fulfilling it basically every single day.. :D Also, how does it measure the calories?? I really don’t think I burn an average of a whole 1000 calories just by walking a lot and driving bicycle everywhere P.S. sorry for polish language

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Good app for watch waking you up?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I bought auto sleep and I love it. Do any of you guys have a Watch app that wakes you up at a good stage?

    submitted by /u/FakeColours
    [link] [comments]

    Troubleshooting help, please!!!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    I have the series 4 and while I do usually get text notifications on my watch, if I open them up on my phone, it still shows up as "unread" on my watch. Any thoughts? I have it set to mirror my phone and have tried finding a solution online, but figured this would be the best place to get a correct answer. Thank you in advance! 😊

    submitted by /u/notlikethekaratekid
    [link] [comments]

    Walkie-talkie not working..

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    I am having issue with me and my GF walkie not working it just keeps saying we are not available anyone have any ideas how to fix this?? We both have the current OS..

    submitted by /u/epichike
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite apps is the remote for my Roku Streaming Stick.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Excessive nightly battery consumption?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    Purchased a new S4 in December that had an intermittent mechanical issue and finally got it replaced in June. The replacement watch seems to have terrible battery life and I have sent it in to Apple and was told no issues were found, but I strongly don't agree.

    I charge my watch in the late evening to 100% and put it on my wrist just before going to bed to track my sleep. Waking up in the morning I'll have 62-66% battery left. Watch has been fully restored to default settings and I didn't install any additional apps. Watch is always set to theater mode when going to sleep. On my previous watch I feel like I'd wake up with 88-92% battery, but I never took any screenshots because I never considered the replacement would be any different.

    Here are some screenshots of battery remaining vs. usage overnight:

    https://imgur.com/a/Wns5yhI/

    https://imgur.com/a/b1TnlQB/

    https://imgur.com/a/Q8E4P5B/

    So please tell me, how abnormal is this? And do I try sending it back to Apple for a third time? At this point my battery is consistently dead before 24 hours, and I hardly use it through the day (on average I'll delete ~10 junk emails and be notified of about ~30 texts, which I then read and reply to via my phone):

    https://imgur.com/a/CIqYV30/

    submitted by /u/Dr_Pippin
    [link] [comments]

    Thought? Siri takeover of Airpods on Apple Watch

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 12:31 AM PDT

    I admit, I have chunky wrists. That said, I invoke Siri on my Apple Watch on occasion by accident. EVERYTIME I do, it takes over my AirPods (which are otherwise playing audio from my iPhone). The impact is so much so, in fact, that my music or podcasts starts playing out of iPhone speakers for a while.

    I am running iOS 13 beta and watchOS 6 beta. Is this something new with the beta? Or, did I change something accidentally? Has anyone else seen it? More importantly, anyone have any idea how to STOP it?

    submitted by /u/nateman99
    [link] [comments]

    Sold one of my SGS4 for a silver one! Loving the color so much!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    FlickType keyboard sneak peek (video)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 08:24 PM PDT

    Here's an update on some of the things I've been working on. The next version of FlickType will finally let you see more text as you type, and will also feel *much* more responsive and fluid. Check out the key pop ups too:

    screenshot: https://imgur.com/sJx0Shn

    video 1: https://streamable.com/ezsrx

    video 2: https://streamable.com/4arvt

    I've been experimenting with over a hundred different iterations of the various animations, colors, shapes etc, and I finally have something that just "feels right". There's still some issues I need to overcome, mostly performance-wise as all this fancy stuff is pretty demanding on the hardware and everything needs to remain snappy, but I hope to have a new beta out for you soon.

    In the meantime, if you're interested in the current beta, join here (open link from Safari): https://testflight.apple.com/join/4DvMpMl2

    - Kosta

    submitted by /u/egocentric-video
    [link] [comments]

    Would like to know why these notification screens are different between Series 3 & 4. Is it OS or watch related?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:37 AM PDT

    Opinions regarding the color of the complications on the California watch face in WatchOS6. I hate that they stay white. Ruins 90% of the colors imo. Am I crazy?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    Activity app and health app sync

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:06 AM PDT

    Hey,

    How do I get the Activity app and Health app to sync so that if I go out without my Apple Watch I can still get the steps and calories to sync?

    submitted by /u/dastish94
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on what to do with my S0 SS, now that it's gone near-kaput

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:03 AM PDT

    So about six months ago I picked up a second-hand 38mm Stainless Steel 1st-Gen Watch, with no warranty, on eBay.

    It was doing fine, with an OK battery life, for a good amount of time. But a week or so ago, I tried adding my credit card for Apple Pay, and I noticed a BIG drop in battery life. It usually got down to around 20% by 8PM (when I usually put it on charge) but with the card it dropped below 15% at 3PM, and I put it in power reserve.

    The next day (Tuesday) I called Apple Support, who told me to remove the card and we went through a bunch of other things (restarting, un- and re-pairing, factory resetting); they said to monitor the life for the next few days and they'd call me back to check in on how it was doing. Over the three day period, I noticed no change in the bad battery. When they called back (on Thursday evening), I told them this and they informed me that I should make a reservation at a Store, and I booked it for 2PM Sunday.

    At the Store the Genius ran diagnostics and they found there were no problems at all, but my watch was evidently dying fast (it was down to about 30% at that point--I'd put it on later in the day than usual). They acknowledged my concern and said that since the diagnostic found no issues we'd have to send it to a repair depot, so they could open it up and figure out what was wrong. The lowest potential rate was $109 AUD for a battery replacement, and it could get as high as $257 for a full unit replacement of exactly the same model. I thought (but didn't say out loud) that both of these prices were far-fetched considering I got the watch for $125, and that the first-gen watches aren't compatible with any watchOSs anymore.

    So, with all that being said, what should I do with my watch?

    Unfortunately I don't really have the money to spare to upgrade to a S3 or S4 right now, as I'm a young person trying to save for a holiday to the US.

    I'm considering selling it to put some money toward a new watch after my holiday next year, and I think I'd get about $100 to $120 at most. Or I could try to replace the battery myself, as I did with my iPhone 6S Plus.

    Alternatively, does anyone know of any ways to maximise my battery life until I'm able to purchase a new watch?
    (So far I've turned off background refresh, and the heart rate sensor during workouts)

    I really love my watch but it's such a pain not being able to do even the most basic things like tracking a workout or using Apple Pay.

    submitted by /u/BillionPenny
    [link] [comments]

    Series 4 only tracking standing hours.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    I just recently purchased a series 4 two days ago. And I'm pretty active while at work and not at work. The only thing my activity app is tracking is my standing. Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Sdpad321
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel