• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 31, 2019

    Apple Macbook Help needed!! How do I fix this (2015 MBP 13in retina display)

    Apple Macbook Help needed!! How do I fix this (2015 MBP 13in retina display)


    Help needed!! How do I fix this (2015 MBP 13in retina display)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:33 PM PDT

    rMB keyboard recall rant

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:56 AM PDT

    On hold with Apple, had decided to get my 2015 rMB keyboard replaced through the recall and do a mail in repair.

    Got a request for $629, which I paid assuming it was an exchange hold for a replacement like they've done for a couple iPad problems I've had & paid it. I live in the middle of nowhere, 100 miles from the nearest Apple store.

    Reviewed the email after I paid. It said it was for repairs, called this morning, was told my rMB was not covered because it has been >4 years.

    They're not covering the initial laptops with the keyboard issues. I found out about the recall in June, my laptop was already out of the 4 year limit of the recall, as I purchased mine in April 2015.

    They'll refund my payment and cover the repair, but how flipping disingenuous can Apple be? Issue a recall that excludes the initial devices affected by the keyboard issue... SMH. I guess I should just be happy they agreed to fix my keyboard after I complained about the time limit.

    submitted by /u/Pliablemoose
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook Air or 2018 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    I live in Canada, so even with deals MacBooks are pretty pricey. Right now there are two sales I could go for on apples website, the student discount with the free beats for 1300 for the 2019 version, or the refurbished 2018 model for 1100. Is there enough of a price difference between the two to go for the 2019 edition? I have some wireless audio technica headphones so I don't need the free beats. I would probably sell them for $200 Canadian, but there is no guarantee that someone would even want to buy them. Any thoughts or opinions would be great, thanks.

    submitted by /u/isaachedstrom
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13 Retina won’t charge or stay on unless plugged in

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    I've a A1502 model MacBook Pro that has recently started acting up. It wouldn't stay on and wouldn't charge. After a bit of googling and figuring it was a few years old I purchased a new battery and replaced it. It doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, the battery shows 28% with charging symbol, the charger has amber light but it doesn't charge and will power off if I remove the charger. I've tried every sort of reset I could find on google, SMC, PRAM but no joy !

    Any suggestions? appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/sebvettel
    [link] [comments]

    new Macbook 2019 questions

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if it's possible to change the drag window behaviour back to the old system of left-click trackpad to choose/select the window and then use a second finger to drag/move the window around?

    Also, is there a way to remove the network scanning after booting with the option key? It always takes 5 seconds before I can choose the O/S to boot in.

    And I have a Windows game (using Boot Camp) that requires a RIGHT-CTRL to be pressed but I have no idea how to do that on the Macbook keyboard.

    All help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/krisvdv
    [link] [comments]

    Buy MBP now or wait?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    I'm headed into my last year of university as a CS major. I know about the 16 inch rumors for September/October, if I wait for that by the time it comes out I'll be halfway done with first semester already. B and H has the 15 inch 2019 MBP w I7 16GB ram for 2100, which is 300 dollars off retail of 2400. Rumors are saying that the 16 inch is going to have a BASE price of 3000, which makes perfect sense given the price jump between the 13 and 15. And that's not even given the fact I need the 16 GB ram i7, which will probably cost me another 2-300 dollars.

    So the question is, do I splurge now, or wait until the 16 inch comes out?

    submitted by /u/comp0ckerr
    [link] [comments]

    So I know this is multiple by now that I am asking this

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    I am waiting for macbook pro $1300 2019 to be in stock in Philippines though tax is high so it would be like 1400. The macbook air 2019 is in stock right now and I badly need a laptop, I have waited for almost a month by now but still there's no sign of MBP even in apple online. I really want the MBP because of its quad core and touchbar also I don't want to regret in buying my new computer but reviews in yt says MBA isn't really bad especially for college students.

    If indeed, I am going to get the MBA because of its availability, am I gonna miss MBP features alot? I am replacing my MBP 2015 because it has just been damage by my little siblings. What do you suggest?

    submitted by /u/flamingoew
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook-Air 13 for €600. Worth it?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    So in late August schoolbreak is over and I'm going back to school again, the so called "Gymnasiet" (Swedish), which basically is second year of High School in the US. Anyways, we're offered to either purchase a Macbook Air or get a free Lenovo Chromebook. The Mac will cost us €200 each schoolyear which will end up in a price of €600 after my three years. My question is, is it worth the money? Either way, I've already decided that I'm taking the Macbook, but I just want to hear what you guys think.

    €600 + (rest value after the three years) - Macbook Air 13 dual-core i5 1.8GHz/8GB/128GB/Intel HD 6000 (prob from 2017)

    €0 - Lenovo 300e 2ndGen Chrome

    submitted by /u/llucaass
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro (2012) help! dead or recoverable ?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    So my Macbook pro seems have experienced a quick death over this week.

    Towards the end of last week, i have had issues with the fan suddenly ramping up and the machine going incredibly slow. As such i decided to erase everything (it was due) and reinstall the OS. This seems to have helped, although i did experience a random lock up since then.

    Today i opened my mac, browsed facebook and i got a system crash where my mac reset.

    Upon resetting, there was some funky colours in the wallpaper on the login screen. When logging in, i would get a progress bar but it would move extremely slow, the fan would ramp up and it would eventually freeze with 3/4 to go. I can't log in, but i can hear the sound of some dialog prompts opening.

    I tried getting into recovery, but i see the apple logo and again, a progress bar which eventually freezes a various point before my mac eventually shuts off after a whilst. I have tried recovering via internet, but then it just sits on the globe icon after i have selected my wifi network.

    If i try going back into my mac after trying recovery mode, it gets stuck on the apple logo till i do a PRAM/NVRAM reset, which gets me back to login screen. How ever with the same situation happens, where i get funky colours in the background and the login freezes after a whilst.

    I have tried resetting the SMC, which stops the fan spinning at full speed, but then startup/login freezes at an even earlier point and on first restart after that we're back to the fan ramping up again.

    I have tried safe mode, but again i get an issue where the apple logo freezes on a progress bar.

    I can run diagnostic mode and get errors with the SMC, Camera and i have to replace the battery (which to be fair, iv'e needed to do for years but as it doesn't leave my desk, i didn't care)

    Any ideas? I have been thinking of replacing it for a whilst, but i am also loathed on replacing something that up till a week ago was actually running perfectly. Is it time for the upgrade or any suggestions to try salvaging it?

    submitted by /u/waltz_with_potatoes
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook deleted drive

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 12:04 AM PDT

    Hey guys, So let me give you the story. I installed Mac OS Mojave, after loving high Sierra and my keyboard stopped working after I installed it. I restarted it many times and the keyboard started to work, but every time I put the Macbook into sleep, it stops working again. So I thought, I'll just factory reset it. So I go into disk utility, delete macintosh HD, and go onto install Mac OS, however it said there's a problem(forgot what it was). I then restarted the MacBook, and now there's a folder with a question mark on it. I thought no problem I'll just go into disk utility and download Mac OS. I press command r and then a globe with wifi options appear. I click on my wifi and my keyboard isn't working, so I can't connect to the wifi. Is there any way to fix this, and if there is, is there a way to install high Sierra?

    submitted by /u/XProSkillsX1
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Giveaway

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    If you're looking to win a free MacBook Pro from Morning Brew, check out the link! Morning Brew is doing a promotional giveaway today to anyone who subscribes to their daily market and stock-related newsletters. I personally enjoy reading their humorous take on the markets and think you'll appreciate it!

    morningbrew.com/daily/r/?kid=1febc9a5

    Best of Luck!

    submitted by /u/jtjenkjn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel