• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Apple Macbook Apple to include new scissor switch keyboard in 2019 MacBook Air and 2020 MacBook Pro

    Apple Macbook Apple to include new scissor switch keyboard in 2019 MacBook Air and 2020 MacBook Pro


    Apple to include new scissor switch keyboard in 2019 MacBook Air and 2020 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Should I replace battery or just invest in a new MacBook altogether? (2013 MacBook Air 13”)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! As the title suggests my old girl's battery has given up the ghost. Purchased new in 2013 and has been to the centre of hell and back with me, but the battery is now gone and it pretty much needs to be plugged into power all the time.

    As the title suggests, I was wondering if the better option would be to replace the battery, and if so where should I start looking for batteries etc and is it an easy enough task to do yourself?

    The alternative is to save my pennies and purchase a new unit altogether, which I'm not opposed to but would take some time as I've just moved out on my own and am currently warding off the unrelenting wrath of home ownership for the first time.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/10jatk
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think the summer student deals will start?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    Just a guess one when you think

    submitted by /u/Zainisawesome
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Should I replace my Macbook Air 13" 2015's thermal paste?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    I recently got a MBA 13" from early 2015 from my cousin who barely used it (16 charge cycles on the original battery) but it runs quite hot and loud. Since it is from 2015 and we are now in 2019, I am wondering if this could be a direct problem from the old and crappy original thermal paste.

    I opened the laptop up a few weeks ago to change my SSD but now should I go at the cooler? I feel pretty comfortable as I've built my own computer before and application of thermal goop wasn't too bad but is it harder on the MBA?

    Thanks in advance :) (first post in this sub)

    submitted by /u/Quinnsizedbed
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2015 experience

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    For those with a MacBook Pro 2015 updated to the latest version of Mojave (10.14.5), what has been your experience with it in terms of battery life and performance?

    I updated my MacBook Pro (2015 15" 256gb i7) to 10.14 and I found performance to be the exact same, but battery life feels like it's a little bit shorter.

    I'm considering the update but I want to hear other's experiences with this before so.

    submitted by /u/IObeyCookies
    [link] [comments]

    Vega 20 Extreme Throttling

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm trying to run games (via Bootcamp) on my MacBook Pro i7. The Vega 20 can run some AAA with 60 fps as long as you turn the graphics down.

    However, the card appears to throttle down to the lowest speed possible, back up, back down...ad infinitum.

    I can tell it's a throttle since the FPS will be at a steady 60 fps and then stutter at 2 fps before jumping back up. This occurs no matter than game I play. The GPU doesn't even reach 70 degrees C.

    Is there anything I can do, or am I out of luck? It's impossible to game with these stutters.

    submitted by /u/FreeSkeptic
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any experiences of using the keyboard replacement program in a difference country from country of purchase

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    The title says it all, should I be worried if I purchase my MacBook from USA and use it in India(in terms of availing the free keyboard replacement program IF something happens)

    submitted by /u/Misaginistics
    [link] [comments]

    Apple want $700 TO FIX THIS!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:26 PM PDT

    My late 2013 15" retina MBP produce this error upon upgrading to latest OS at the time (cant remember which one it was as it happened over a year ago). After taking it to apple who were adamant it required a complete flash storage replacement which would cost $700AUD, it has since just been living as a paperweight. So this sub is its last hope before it gets the toss.

    39263-B1-D-EDFC-4-C04-8-F65-995-B8-AEADBBB.jpg

    submitted by /u/nicka95
    [link] [comments]

    Shell case with pockets for MacBook Pro 2015

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    I want something that attaches to the computer and has a pocket — preferably with zipper — for a pen, iPhone, etc. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/melbigsonasthebeaver
    [link] [comments]

    Images sent from my Macbook via imessage will not download on other's phones. Anyone know how I can fix this?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    HELP! Mac won't allow chrome to use my location HELP!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    So I got a new 2014 air and I downloaded chrome, come to find out the google maps site, tinder, Facebook, anything can't see my location even though I have allowed the site in the browser. All these sites work fine for Firefox and safari, when those browsers asked for location the Mac brought up a prompt asking me to allow it and they work perfect. Chrome I just can't figure out, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled, the promos just never comes up its really messing up my work and no one on the google side is any help,

    submitted by /u/IAmIronMan93
    [link] [comments]

    Help with connecting an external monitor to my macbook pro via external HDMI adaptor

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I am trying to get my Macbook pro 2018 13 inch to connect to my vizio smart TV, series e60-e3 via an external HDMI adaptor. The adaptor is a HooToo adaptor with an HDMI cable connection. I have confirmed that it is not the HDMI cable itself, as it is working on my nintendo switch. I have confirmed as best as I can that it is not the connector. The TV is a vizio smart tv e60-e3 tv. My macbook is currently up to date. When I plug my macbook into the TV the detect displays button isn't working. I am currently at a loss of what to do. If you need more information then please let me know, or if there is a better sub then let me know. Thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/GraduateBard97
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2009 / 2010 Macbook OK for learning coding / developing iOS apps?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    I want to possibly get into coding and developing iOS apps.

    I am an absolute beginner- and (to be honest) don't know how far I will go with this.

    I realise that I will need a MAC to do this on (I use Windows for all my work / business stuff)

    With this in mind, I don;t want to outlay a great deal of cash right now.

    I just saw in my local GAME shop, a mid 2009 MacBook for £49 and a mid 2010 MacBook for £79

    Would either of these suffice for what I want to do?

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/DailyProgress101
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air MagSafe charger soaked - how safe is it to use after letting it dry overnight?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    Hey all, wasn't sure where to post this, but my lunch soup container slipped open in my backpack with my charger at the bottom, and I don't know how long it was sitting there but presumably for awhile, as I didn't notice any leaking until I went to get my lunch after the gym.

    I've cleaned best I could and am letting it dry (planning on putting it on rice overnight), but I'm concerned if I should even try connecting it to my laptop again. Both the brick and the magsafe end were in the liquid. This sucks as I just bought this as a replacement charger too.

    submitted by /u/toastedbread47
    [link] [comments]

    Question about repairing macbook AC adapter

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    Hey! I apologize if this is the wrong sub. If there is a more appropriate one, please direct me to it. My AC adapter just died last week. While I did bite the bullet and replace it, I decided to also try to repair the old one following this guide to see if I could. I was successful and the old adapter charges once more. I have one concern about it though. The adapter was glued together and the foil shielding the adapter's innards was glued to the thing's case. Is that foil part of the thing's heat shielding? By prying off the foil from the case, have I affected how well it will dissipate heat in the future, or is that completely unrelated?

    submitted by /u/Astrologus_Novus
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ditching the wonderful MacBook butterfly keyboard is a HUGE mistake

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel