• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Apple Help My MacBook Air 2018 did this without any impact or dropping, I had wiped the apple logo on the back with little pressure and this happened a few hours after, is the computer really this sensitive?

    Apple Help My MacBook Air 2018 did this without any impact or dropping, I had wiped the apple logo on the back with little pressure and this happened a few hours after, is the computer really this sensitive?


    My MacBook Air 2018 did this without any impact or dropping, I had wiped the apple logo on the back with little pressure and this happened a few hours after, is the computer really this sensitive?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    Very frustrated that screentime:app limits will not show which apps are being blocked. Only how many. Any ideas? Model A1822 ipad 9.7” 5th generation, ios 12.3.1

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    How to block carrier from opening intrusive full screen spam pop ups?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Face ID on iPhone XR just stopped working. Keep getting this message when I try to set up again. Any fixes? Thanks

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    5K iMac 27" RAM Upgrade: CL15, CL18, or CL19?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    Bent iPad Pro 2018 model

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:06 AM PDT

    I can supposedly delete a podcast, but the feed for it stays in my itunes library and unplayed for...ever?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    I try a lot of different podcasts, but only subscribe to about 50% of them. Even if I'm not subscribed to a podcast, every single new episode of that podcast is popping up in my unplayed feed on my desktop itunes. That's problem number one, I'd love to just have my unplayed feed show the podcasts I'm actually subscribed to.

    Secondly: There's one podcast I tried and hated and just want to get rid of, but "delete from library" (even when it pulls up a confirmation prompt and says it's deleting all 233 episodes of the feed) doesn't take the feed itself from my library.

    I've tried googling with a variety of phrases, but can only find advice for the podcasts app for iphones, or how to delete podcasts when you're the podcast creator trying to remove an episode you posted. Help!

    submitted by /u/Jendazen
    [link] [comments]

    trimforce enable

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    I had to reinstall macOS Catalina public beta. (I needed more space on my windows partition and no tool would cooperate, so it was easier to just nuke and start over.) After reinstalling, I noticed TRIM support was disabled. I have a 3rd party ssd (transcend JetDrive 720) so while it does support TRIM, I have to enable it with that command.

    Except that command hasn't been updated with the beta. Is there a known way to enable trim an Catalina?

    submitted by /u/MentalUproar
    [link] [comments]

    Can't logout of iPad

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    My wife has an old iPad that she hasn't used in years. She has since changed her apple ID because her old one was associated with her college email address that is no longer active. She changed her apple login, but it's not like it's a brand new account, so I'm not sure why the two arent still connected. How can we logout of the old iPad?

    Have tried: 1) adding old email as a primary email address, but it needs to send verification to the email that we dont have access to. 2) factory reset - also need password 3) find my password - it says the apple ID (that we cant logout of) doesnt exist. 4) trying various passwords - not sure if the password is wrong or if it doesnt work because the account no longer exists. 5) even though it was the same account, the iPad doesnt show under "devices" so it cant be remotely wiped.

    submitted by /u/Rustychipmunk
    [link] [comments]

    External HDD format is ExFat but I still can't copy files to it.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    This External HDD has problem mounting. So I use sudo pkill -f fsck and it works. Now the problem is that it's read-only. I can copy the files to my desktop but not the other way around. When I run diskutil list it states that the driver is windows_NTFS. I am not sure if that's the default or something is just wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/CompleteSuspect
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth replacing a 2011 MacBook Air battery, or should I just grab a better/faster, newer MacBook for a little more?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:33 PM PDT

    Not sure it's worth anything with a completely dead battery and being so old. Even with a fresh OS install it's fairly laggy.

    Battery only has a cycle count of 70 and died after a couple of years after purchasing brand new... too bad.

    Replace battery, or buy something else and try to sell this for really cheap... any opinions or advice?

    submitted by /u/AMansGottaEatNow
    [link] [comments]

    New Iphone 6s Won't Turn On

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    Brother recently bought a new iPhone 6S and it won't seem to turn on.

    We followed all the instructions and even charged it. The screen still stays completely black. Any idea what we're doing wrong? We've never had this issue with other Apple products before so this seemed a bit odd.

    submitted by /u/moroccan-tea
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: iCloud servers are down at the moment so you might not be able to backup or access certain iOS features

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    Repairs in store at the apple store also seem to be delayed because of the server crashes so go enjoy your holiday and postpone your Genius Bar appointments to another day to save you another trip back!

    submitted by /u/babybluebonny
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever have this happen?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    Late 2009 iMac 27" HDD/ODD Fans running at nearly 4k RPM

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    Hello all, our late 2009 iMac 2374, 27" iMac has been acting up odd over the past year with it's system fans. We purchased it with Mac Fan Control installed and after thinking it may be a faulty HDD temperature sensor, I purchased the OWC SSD upgrade kit with new fan cable.

    Upon installing it, I'm still having the same issue. Temperatures at this time seem fine but my HDD/ODD fan speeds are nearly @ 4k rpm.

    All I'm doing is writing this on reddit and running a new Time Machine backup to my QNAP.

    Pictures:

    [Imgur](https://imgur.com/SerTzcP)

    [Imgur](https://imgur.com/j8lejr9)

    Yesterday the CPU was running @ 128 degrees Celsius with light web browsing. Today, iStat menu doesn't show any CPU Temperature.

    At first, I thought it was a GPU issue but that doesn't seem to be as the GPU temperatures are pretty fine (I believe so).

    We really like this iMac and I'd like to fix what I can to keep it running. We don't use it a whole lot nor put it through any large loads. Just light photo work and web browsing.

    Specs:

    • 27" late 2009
    • 2.8GHz i7
    • 8GB (2gb x 4) DDR3 1067Mhz
    • ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb
    • OWS 512GB SSD
    • OS = Mac High Sierra

    Aside from that, we don't have any other issues.

    I'm a huge newb with apple products so I'm not sure what could be causing this. We had this issue before and after the OWC cable/HDD replacement.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/N01kyz
    [link] [comments]

    Friend’s iPhone stuck on Apple logo and then it flashes the logo after updating to iOS 13 PB

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    What could be the cause? She's gonna revert back to iOS 12 via iTunes. Just curious as to what could've caused this

    submitted by /u/WVUGuy29
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Alias and Calendar invites

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    Hello,

    This is not something that's caused by the outage today but earlier this week I realized I stopped receiving calendar invites sent to my iCloud alias which has worked for YEARS.

    My Apple ID is firstnamelastnamedate[at]mac[dot]com my alias is firstname[at]me[dot]com which is much cleaner and simpler to give out. All my contacts just have my alias email and have submitted invites to it successfully in the past.

    Has anyone experienced this?

    submitted by /u/aaaxxx1988
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 2015 Problems

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:46 PM PDT

    Got a 2015 MacBook (not pro or air) and when it boots from internet recovery the whole screen is flashing and spazzing out with red and green stripes vertically and horizontally. Anyone know what to do lol

    submitted by /u/OofSenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Mac ABSOLUTELY crawling after latest update. Help?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    Anyone else experienced this?

    MBP 2018 has just started acting crazy slow after the latest software update. Safari won't even load, it keeps crashing. I've never had a problem with the computer before today, but now applications are taking like 4-5 minutes to load.

    Help? :(

    submitted by /u/dr_rainbow
    [link] [comments]

    Don't Gen 1 Airpods already have voice activated Siri?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    i just got the Gen 1 airpods and, even if im in a different room than my phone, sayin "Hey Siri" activates Siri. How are the Gen 2 any different with this?

    submitted by /u/Mashedtates
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble getting my phone to connect to my wife’s iTunes

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    I bought a couple CDs from a band that doesn't release their music online. When I connect my phone to her MacBook, my pictures pop up. But when I try to connect it to her iTunes it says my phone won't connect. I'm wondering if there's a solution to this issue.

    submitted by /u/xFORESTCRUNKx
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to download iOS 13 public beta 2

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    I know Public Beta 2 has been released, but it's not showing up for me. My phone says I'm up to date, which I'm not. Even tried deleting and redownloading the beta profile. Help!

    submitted by /u/BrockyBalboa5225
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID help

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    My Apple ID was locked out due to security reasons even though I know both my username and password but I forgot my security questions and email that comes after entering my Apple ID. If there is any way of resetting this please let me know any advice would be appreciated thanks!! (iPhone 8 iOS 12. 3. 1)

    submitted by /u/pi0781
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook suddenly had problem keeping charged - at first it was dying at exactly 25%, then 44% and now I can't take it off charge without it dying

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    Three days ago, my macbook pro switched from the "replace soon" to "replace now". Two days ago, my laptop started dying at 25% (twice), then 44% (once) now I can't take it off charge at all.

    (Replace Soon: The battery is functioning normally but holds less charge than it did when it was new.

    Replace Now: The battery is functioning normally but holds significantly less charge than it did when it was new. You can continue to use the battery until you replace it without harming your computer.)

    The easy option is to just replace the battery, but what else can I do? I've only had this laptop for 2 years and I see no reason why this should be happening.

    submitted by /u/NewZealandTemp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel