• Breaking News

    Monday, July 22, 2019

    Apple Help So I went to turn my Mac on and this happened... I have never tried to install windows 10 or anything before so I don’t know why it’s doing this. Nothing happens when I press f1, f8 or enter. It’s a 2015 model running the latest Os. Thanks in advance!!!!!

    Apple Help So I went to turn my Mac on and this happened... I have never tried to install windows 10 or anything before so I don’t know why it’s doing this. Nothing happens when I press f1, f8 or enter. It’s a 2015 model running the latest Os. Thanks in advance!!!!!


    So I went to turn my Mac on and this happened... I have never tried to install windows 10 or anything before so I don’t know why it’s doing this. Nothing happens when I press f1, f8 or enter. It’s a 2015 model running the latest Os. Thanks in advance!!!!!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    13-inch 2017 MacBook Pro has black vertical line on screen that appeared out of nowhere?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:03 AM PDT

    Most cost-effective way to upgrade a Mac Pro (2013)...?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Computer: Apple Mac Pro Late 2013, 3.7GHz quad-core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB RAM, 512GB HD, 2x FirePro D300 2GB.

    I do a lot of CAD/CAM and software testing (including CPU emulation and virtualization), so I'm excited about upgrading from a MacBook.

    Given that the most demanding tasks are a burden on the GPU more than the CPU, I'm not especially worried about the available upgrades for the CPU. I'm more interested in the graphics cards.

    However, I've tried and failed to find information on official or after-market upgrades to the CPU. There are other graphics cards, but I'm not seeing a compatibility list.

    A couple of URLs for such things (CPU upgrades and the compatible graphics cards) would be most welcome. Also, if I'm showing a lack of understanding of the situation, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/WalterCrunkwright
    [link] [comments]

    After a few month of no use, Ipad won't charge or turn on - no warranty

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I feel like this is a common question, but none of the suggestions of 'holding down home and power button' or 'holding home and power for 10 seconds then releasing just the power button', has worked for me.

    Is there anything else I could try?

    submitted by /u/_-insert-name-here-_
    [link] [comments]

    How can I repair a Thunderbolt port "latch" issue on a MacBook pro?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    I know Thunderbolt ports don't have latches, but I didn't know what to call this issue.

    I have a Mid-2015 Macbook pro and I have plugging in a mini DisplayPort cable into the Thunderbolt port closest to the MagSafe to an external monitor for the past 5 years.

    Today, my monitor kept on reporting "no signal". I then switched the cable to the other Thunderbolt port and my desktop came up fine. I fired up a flashlight and looked into the Thunderbolt port having the issue and saw this - a "latch" dropped down and is probably preventing the cable from making contact with all the pins.

    What is the best way to fix this? My warranty expired 3-4 months ago. Is the top "latch" needed for normal Thunderbolt communications? I don't see how the pins would need to make contact with the "top" of the port for anything. I was just going to try to rip the latch out, but I wanted to check first.

    The left Thunderbolt port has the issue

    The port on the right side works

    submitted by /u/jeff000000
    [link] [comments]

    Found an Apple Watch on the street, any way to connect it with its owner?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    As the title says, I found this watch lying on the ground in the street. I held on to it(my work is right near by) in the hopes they would ping it with find my iPhone or something and come to it but no luck. On a whim I tried the pass code as 1111 and it worked(!), but the language was all in Chinese so I couldn't really read any of the contacts.

    Based on my research I know bringing it to Apple or the police is likely a fool's errand, got any suggestions on what I should do?

    submitted by /u/hornwalker
    [link] [comments]

    Pending in-app purchase

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:33 PM PDT

    I've recently made a $3.99 in-app purchase in a game with a total $4.19 on my purchase history but it says pending and I haven't gotten what I paid for in game. I have $3.50 of balance left in my iTunes account which is why it doesn't make sense as to why my purchase is pending. I can't complain to the game company because they said the purchase must not be pending in order for them to help...

    submitted by /u/RinVG
    [link] [comments]

    How long should a logic board replacement last?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    Barring any other component failing, how long should a logic board replacement last on a Macbook Pro?

    My late 2013 retina MBP (16GB ram, 256GB SSD) recently stopped turning on and I'm wrestling with replacing the logic board for $521 or upgrading to one of the new Macbook Pros for ~$1,950 after tax for the same specs.

    I've been reading about the upcoming redesign of the Macbook and while I know it likely won't be until summer 2020 for the 13in revamp, I wanted to get people's thoughts on how long a computer could last after a board replacement.

    Let me know your thoughts if I should repair or replace!

    submitted by /u/maskedmoron23
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding TimeMachine

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    O.P. Hi all,

    A few years back (3-3.5 years ago) I did a backup to my now ex friend's TimeMachine, my question is about my photos etc. They were never physically downloaded to my computer, I was just viewing them with iCloud Photos on with optimise Mac storage also selected. With that being said, are they able to view my photos/keychain information from that backup? My iCloud passwords etc have been changed and nothing was really properly saved on my computer except my music, which would have been backed up.

    submitted by /u/deany4
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Mouse vs Wireless Mouse

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    I'm about to buy a MacBook Pro for school and I was wondering what you all though about the Magic Mouse as opposed to a regular wireless one. The laptop will mainly be used for school. Otherwise I'll just be browsing the internet and playing a couple games on it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Genesector_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn on? Doesn't have a power button. More info in comments

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    iphone wont stop turning on and off

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Ive tried everything from hard reseting my iPhone to reseting it to factory settings but nothing works to stop the iPhone from turning on and off after a minute of use. I looked a the battery health and it's currently at 89%. Ive been trying to fix this problem all day but no progress has been made. I also called apple but they couldn't help with this problem. Does anyone know what could be the problem.

    submitted by /u/Marcellus508
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Restore Not Working

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    I had some trouble with my iPhone XS so I was planning to back it up and reinstall it. I backed up my phone onto my computer then did a complete reset of my phone and started a restore using the backup I downloaded. The restore was going fine until it stopped and said my phone doesn't have enough free space. Why is this happening, after all, I'm downloading the stuff from a backup of itself? I've tried restoring it prior to setting up the iPhone (entering passwords and apple ID and all that) and after setting it up but it still says I don't have enough free space.

    submitted by /u/Genji_Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading my MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) with SSD and More ram

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    Hey guys I ordered a Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD and a crucial 16gb ram plus a tool kit. Before anything I need to use time machine to back things up so I've never used time machine but do I need an external drive to put all the info from the time machine onto it? Also after opening up the MacBook Pro and putting the items and once you start up the Mac it should have a couple options and Ik the first thing you should click on is Disk utility. After erasing the thing I'm suppose to what do I do next I've seen videos of people doing different things? Also do I need a flash drive to put OS Mojave on it so I could put that on the computer? If anybody could please help that would be great!

    submitted by /u/milaud6
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Screen Replacement

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:16 PM PDT

    My screen cracked. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement screen that I can install myself? Apple quoted me $400 to fix it.

    submitted by /u/alfredmuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Lost IPad with photos

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Hello guys thanks for reading this my parent lost his iPad with many pictures. The last time we had a backup was around a year ago and we are wondering if we can somehow remotely force it to do it again to get the pictures back. Any help would be appreciated thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/moandty1
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2011 Macbook Pro Whitescreened After Latest Update (was running Mojave just fine)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I get an apple logo, a progress bar to about 60% of the way to the end and a bright white "spinning wheel" (no sign of "moment"). Screen eventually goes white.

    How do I back out the latest update?

    submitted by /u/ScatterBrainLattice
    [link] [comments]

    Screen is stuck like this and won't go past this screen

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    Airpod R fell out of my ear into the floor, and when I put it back in no audio came out. When I opens the case it said this. Any idea what happened and how I can fix it?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    iTunes Playlist

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    How can I arrange one of my playlists in iTunes by song name or Artist?

    submitted by /u/Joseph1338
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been charged $30 a month for the last year without my knowledge.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 04:16 PM PDT

    I tried a service (Tinder Gold) for a month last June. I cancelled the subscription through the tinder app in June 2018. I just discovered that they have been charging my card $29.99 a month for the last year and it's making my stomach sick. I remember cancelling and having the regular version of the app for a week or two. I just went to manage my subscriptions through Apple Settings and cancelled it there. I requested a refund, but they only show me the last 90 days and. I get an auto message that I don't qualify. I have not had this app on my phone in a year. Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/DMPetey
    [link] [comments]

    The search in notes does not find any notes unless I update the note

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    First thank you guys for your time. I have over 300 notes, in All iCloud. When I search for a note which I know exist, it does not find it much of the time. I have to scroll through the notes, click on it modify it in order for it to be found.

    I have already tried deleting my notes from my phone (using iCloud), then putting them back. No change.

    Interestingly I also have the same issue on my Mac in the Notes app and also using the spotlight search. Even when the word is exact it does not find some content.

    What should I do to fix it? Thank you

    Specificity Mac: 10.14.4 iPhone 7: iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/ghtddkc
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing Music on my Ipod Touch

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    I purchased an Ipod Touch in 2011 (I believe it is version 4).

    In 2016 I had a system crash and all of my audio files were deleted. I still have the Ipod but I never bothered to re-synch it as the songs I previously had on the device would disappear and I'd be left with only the ability to add purchased songs to the device.

    I recently purchased an Iphone and wanted to import the songs from my Ipod to the Iphone, but I can't access the old songs on my Ipod. Is there a way to access/copy the audio files from my Ipod touch so I can then add them to the Iphone?

    submitted by /u/Oakwood2317
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil 2 at 0% and not charging.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    It had no issues a week ago. I left it on my a desk for a few days and I tried to charge it yesterday.

    https://imgur.com/ZVdmhsW

    In the settings it shows that it's paired but it's at 0 percent. I've tried leaving it on to charge over night, forgetting the device then pairing it again, and resetting the device but it's still not charging.

    Anybody know a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/whythisgame
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud storage left unstable

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Sorry for my English, not my main language I'll do m'y best ;)

    Recently I bought a MacBook Pro, and with it took a 200go iCloud storage plan. First thing I did was to put my files on it, for a total of 80 go approximatively. I put it in document and enabled the iCloud storage, so everything is available in the cloud. It took a long time but everything right now is available from either iCloud.com or from files on my iPhone.

    I also back up my iPhone on iCloud so I should take around 100go of the 200go total.

    Problem is that when I go in m'y finder, in the iCloud section, it says that I have 199,7go free, when I go on my iCloud settings page, it says I have 180go free.

    So either way, the free space is not updated and I would like to know if any of you have had this issue, and if so if there is something to do to know exactly where I am with my iCloud storage.

    Thank you guys

    submitted by /u/redo0x
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel