• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 18, 2019

    macOS What applications for macOS are pretty useful but completely underrated?

    macOS What applications for macOS are pretty useful but completely underrated?


    What applications for macOS are pretty useful but completely underrated?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    TIL: Option-clicking sidebar toggles Do Not Disturb

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    Change desktop wallpaper when toggling Dark Mode

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 01:15 AM PDT

    Is it possible to change the desktop wallpaper when toggling the Dark Mode? I'd have one WP set (2 desktops) for light and one for dark mode and the change would occur everytime I toggle.

    Found this but I'm bit lost where & how to run the AppleScript

    submitted by /u/raklo250
    [link] [comments]

    Persistent bug: Facetime / Phone calls cause any Chrome video that was last opened to start playing.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    Title states the issue.

    Using a 2018 Macbook Pro 8GB Ram (4 tb), issue is persistent despite updates. Is it a known issue or is it worth resetting my Mac over?

    submitted by /u/rakiim
    [link] [comments]

    What are those icons in my Mac app list? They don’t appear in Finder, just when I launch Dashboard

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Safari vs Brave vs Firefox internet browser

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    I am currently using Safari as my main internet browser on MacOS Mojave, but I was l am considering moving to Brave or Firefox. Safari works great with my current workflow as most of my passwords are saved in keychain and picking up where I left off on another device works really smooth with safari, however my biggest complaint with Safari is that youtube does not play videos at qualities higher than 1080p and the youtube experience is not as smooth as say Chrome. I am really intrigued with the Brave browser because of all the privacy features and I was wondering if Brave really is better than Safari in terms of privacy, since Apple also makes a big deal out of privacy. Firefox is also a great contender, but I don't know if switching to Firefox is worth losing my workflow with keychain.

    submitted by /u/lumoshallow
    [link] [comments]

    Pressing ⌥ RETURN in the login dialog hides text boxes

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    I noticed that when you press ⌥ RETURN in the login screen (username + password) in 10.14.4 both the username and the password textfields just disappear.
    Pressing the shortcut again, they reappear again. No text input is possible while they are hidden (error sound played).

    Is this some sort of feature I'm not getting or is it a bug?

    submitted by /u/YourMJK
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded to Mojave... this pops up whenever I boot up, how can I get rid of it without clicking on Manage and turn it off

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    GitHub - cesarferreira/oh: Quickly open any app in the folder you're currently in (Open Here)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    How to open links from Mail app in incognito?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    When I open links from the mail App, it automatically opens them in a normal window in Chrome. How can I open them in an incognito window instead?

    submitted by /u/Dave_Tribbiani
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina and Photos no longer able to sync to iPhone XS

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    Anyone have similar issues syncing your laptop photos library to iPhone after Catalina? The sync spins and spins but never actually copied the photos into the phone. Plus Delete after import doesn't work at all, everything remains on phone and I have to manually delete from phone library. (Only the laptop is running beta Catalina. Everything else running standard iOS.)

    submitted by /u/mwssnof
    [link] [comments]

    Date Up! rename file with creation date and time suffix

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    [Request]

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Can someone upload/share the .app file for Microsoft's new To-Do app on the App Store? The App Store itself is blocked on my work MacBook.

    https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/17/microsoft-to-do-mac-app/

    submitted by /u/nuttty
    [link] [comments]

    Really? WhatsApp is from unidentified developer.��

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Really? WhatsApp is from unidentified developer.😂

    macOS Catalina bugs are too annoying, any solution?

    https://i.redd.it/vzie8c7hay431.png

    submitted by /u/jksahu333
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel