• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 18, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 17]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 17]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 17]

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:18 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Never seen this alert before – Apple now tells you if an app you're deleting has a subscription still active. Good move. (Taken on iOS 13 beta 2.)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    Kuo on 2020 iPhones: 5.4-Inch and 6.7-Inch Models With 5G, 6.1-Inch Model With LTE, All With OLED Displays

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    iOS 13 beta 2 coming today for developers ahead of public beta release

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    tvOS 13 beta 2 brings Picture-in-Picture video multitasking to Apple TV - 9to5Mac

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Apple CEO Tim Cook takes tech industry to task: ‘If you want to take credit, first learn to take responsibility

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Syncing an iPod with macOS Catalina

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Spotify takes on Apple with app redesign

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    Nintendo's Dr. Mario World Game Launching on iOS on July 10

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    SwiftUI Tutorials

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    Why does macOS Catalina use Zsh instead of Bash? Licensing

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    Powerbeats Pro will be getting Audio sharing!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    Audio sharing is compatible with AirPods (1st generation or later) and PowerBeats Pro. iPhone 8 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad mini (5th generation), or iPod touch (7th generation or later) is required.

    Source: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios_ipados_release_notes/ios_ipados_13_beta_2_release_notes

    submitted by /u/aaronp613
    [link] [comments]

    I made a size comparison with the 2020 iPhone devices (xpost /r/iPhone)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    How many subscriptions in the App Store do you have, and what is it costing you?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    I recently looked over my subscriptions and noticed how many of these apps can add up over time since more apps are joining the subscription model. I realized I am spending nearly $35 a month on things like 1Password, Gyroscope, and others. Many of these apps used to have pro versions but are now switching to subscription.

    Do you think that this could eventually lead to a slump in app sales if the majority of apps go to subscription?

    What are you spending a month on subscriptions?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Incredible91
    [link] [comments]

    Apple CEO Tim Cook’s 2019 Commencement Speech at Stanford University

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:16 AM PDT

    Running iOS 13 from an iPad Pro as a desktop computer core

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    I didn't want to do a whole blog post about this, so I'm just here fishing for opinions and questions about my setup. Currently running iOS 13 beta 2 on my iPad Pro, 12.9" 1TB. It is connected via USB C cable to an LG ultrafine display, which is wired to a Magic Trackpad, magic keyboard, and external 1TB drive. When i plug my ipad into this cable, the mouse pointer shows up on screen and the hard drive boots up in files. Keyboard shortcuts work as expected and all is well.

    This dynamic already kinda existed before, except i would navigate via keyboard and touch, and no drive was connected. Now with one cable, my ipad acts as a powerful computer core and creates this desktop setup where i can write, research, play games, and edit photos all naturally. Some beta bugs persist, but overall feels much more stable than beta 1.

    Would love to answer any questions about the set up or specific use cases. I have been using ipad as my primary machine for over two years, it acts as my tablet, laptop, and now desktop. The updates apple presented in iPadOS just strengthen this devices utility in every use case and form factor. Very excited to get some third party apps taking advantage of the new features.

    Here is an image of my set up, please excuse my cable management, its all in flux while I'm testing different connections. And dont worry, the mac is mostly just for show, I used it once this last month and that was to install beta profiles. Lol

    submitted by /u/HilliTech
    [link] [comments]

    I am an Android fanboy that is considering switching to iOS.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    I've always ragged on Apple for a lot of stuff they do wrong. However, I am now having a change of heart as of recently... here's why.

    I currently have a Pixel 2 XL... But it is my third one. I've had constant issues with my Pixels that have never been my fault. My first Pixels charging port completely stopped working and my second one turned off and never turned back on. On top of this, all of my Android phones have been incredibly laggy and unresponsive.

    So what did I do? My friend had a spare iPhone X and let my try it out for a week. After trying it out, I felt so "left in the past" from my Android. The iPhone was so much faster and smoother, I never had any lag issues and the phone worked exactly how I wanted it to. I felt like Android was stuck in 2014 while iOS was in 2022.

    After a week with the iPhone X, I am strongly considering the switch. One thing I will miss however, is the Pixel 2s incredible camera.

    EDIT: I forgot to add that I am not switching right now. I am waiting for iPhone 11 and Pixel 4 to release so I can compare them. If Apple improves the camera in iPhone 11, that is enough for me to switch.

    submitted by /u/Qubsterr
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: 2019 MBP refresh doesn’t fix the inherent audio problems

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    Pretty sure I posted here and was ignored. Maybe not. Here's a 60 page thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-pro-2018-speakers-crackling.2128234/page-59

    Long story short, ALL 2018-19 MBP models have audio issues:

    • audio hiss

    • crackle

    • pops and such

    It's caused by the T2 chip. Multiple audio streams glitch out one another; sometimes randomly it'll glitch; and generally there will be line noise (hiss) on ANY output interface (seriously, any).

    I've been through:

    • 2017 MBP15, had hiss

    • 2018 MBP15 - all issues

    • replacement 2018 MBP15 - all issues

    • replacement 2018 MBP15 with Vega refresh - all issues

    • work issued 2018 MBP13 - all issues

    • two 2016 MBP15's I've come across in stores - all issues

    Just got my 2019 order, and guess what, as expected ... ALL AUDIO ISSUES REMAIN.

    inb4 ur using it wrong - nope, can replicate on install wizard

    MacOS version or hotfix update doesn't matter. Windows doesn't matter. Interface doesn't matter. I've experienced all these issues on FIVE (all) 2018-19 MacBook Pros.

    It's the T2 controlling audio at fault.

    Oh, also check out this ad Apple is pushing for audio work on their MacBooks... https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/17/apple-behind-the-music-ad/

    tl;dr don't buy 2018-19 MBP if audio is important to you.

    submitted by /u/WutWotWatM8
    [link] [comments]

    Which works best with Apple services, Amazon Echo or Google Home for smartspeakers?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    I have been trying to find a discussion on this but can't so I thought I would make a post. I am relatively new to going "all in" on Apple, with an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPads, MacBook and Apple TV. I have always used Alexa before with Android but after some issues with it not working right with my phone, I wondered if Google Home works better with Apple? Is there a preference to which smart speakers seem to play nice with Apple services? Or should I just splurge for a HomePod?

    submitted by /u/Lightfiretx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel