• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 9, 2019

    macOS We really need this iOS 13 feature on MacOS

    macOS We really need this iOS 13 feature on MacOS


    We really need this iOS 13 feature on MacOS

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    Not sure if this has been posted before, but some bad news regarding the macOS Catalina patcher for unsupported macs

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:58 AM PDT

    Progress is being made in MoltenVK, which will allow Witcher 3 to run well in wine, just like it has on Linux for over a year.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Needing to reset PRAM more and more frequently

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    I am not sure what is going on but I have a situation where I am having to reset my PRAM more and more often. Here are my specs:

    • Macbook Pro, 2017
    • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 1 TB disk
    • That awful Touch bar
    • 4 USB type-C ports

    Most of the time I have it setup with my home office situation:

    • 2 Monitors, each with a USB type-C triple dongle (HDMI, USB 3.0, lightning)
    • One of those triple dongles has a video cam on USB and is often charging one of my Keyboard or Trackpad

    I run a decent amount of apps but don't run into speed issues:

    • Chrome with a 2 dozen tabs
    • Spotify
    • Slack
    • Evernote
    • Trello

    I'm fine to reset it but I am surprised at how often the issue comes up. I notice when my volume keys don't respond and videos don't play in the browser.

    Short of just reseting my PRAM every time - any thoughts on why this is coming up more and more frequently?

    submitted by /u/masebase
    [link] [comments]

    Pro-Tip: silent volume change shortcut

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    You all probably know the setting that disables that sound that's played when you change the volume through F11/F12. But sometimes I personally find myself wanting to be able to do both — changing volume with the sound and changing it without it (I can't be the only one‽) — but I'm too lazy to change the setting all the time…
    …and that's where I discovered this shortcut:
    ⇧F11 / ⇧F12!

    It does the exact opposite of what your current setting is. For example if you switched the sound off in settings, you can change the volume and also hear the sound with that shortcut. If you enabled the setting, it does the reverse.

    I don't know if this shortcut has always existed nor if it's already commong knowledge (if it is, I'm sorry) but i figured some of you might not know and could find it useful.

    submitted by /u/YourMJK
    [link] [comments]

    Running an app question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:41 PM PDT

    After downloading an app from a website I accidentally double clicked it instead of dragging it to the Application folder. What's the implication of this? Have I damaged my mac?

    submitted by /u/ClassicTackle
    [link] [comments]

    Is Catalina coming with support for stereo HomePods and not only within iTunes? I really hope so

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    I need help recovering my paper from word after a crash

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    So: My mac just crashed for the first time ever. It's a 2017 model MacBook Pro 13". I had been writing intensively in word since I got my exam questions on tuesday, when I decided to take a break. I guess watching Hikaru Nakamura stream on Twitch in Chrome with many research tabs, a couple of PDFs, PPXs and Word documents open was more than it could handle.

    Stupid and careless as I was, I did not save the process. I guess plenty of earlier crashes on PC gave me no problems with recovering my progress, which has lulled me into a false sense of security. I cannot find my paper anywhere. I googled and read about something called AutoRecovery, but I could not find that either. I am writing here in the hopes that any of you have some kind of idea as to what I can do?

    The subject is closely related to determinism, so it even has this tragicomic undertone.

    If you do not have any ideas as to what I can do, but have an idea of other places to ask for help, please let me know as well. I am desperate. I cannot write another 15 pages before tuesday and I really don't want a reexam. :(

    submitted by /u/Jovaras
    [link] [comments]

    Epson Scanner Software

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have an Epson GT-1500 scanner and have been struggling with its standard software. It's incredibly hard to use, keeps crashing, hasn't been updated since 2016, and is 32-bit. Image capture doesn't work with the document feed, so it isn't an option. Depending on accessibility and software issues, I may skip Catalina, but I could still use functional scanner software.

    I tried PDFTool. It's been tested with other Epson Scanners, but doesn't seem to work with this scanner.

    P.S. I am also considering PDFScanner.

    Does anyone else have practical solutions?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    SSD Partitioning Issues *NOT* fixed by first aid

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Im trying to bootcamp my machine but keep getting stuck in the partitioning phase. I have tried several of the common fixes Including;

    thin snapshots

    turn off fire vault

    turn off time machine backups

    run first aid

    reinstall os with clean version

    tried partitioning from cmd-R instead of disc utility

    When I tried partitioning my drive manually I get an APFS resizing container error 49168.

    Any help appreciated

    submitted by /u/Op3nm1nd
    [link] [comments]

    Edit "Unlock with touch ID" string

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    Hi all, has anyone figured out a way of changing the text on the Touch Bar? I have tried to find the right .plist or .strings file but no luck... and Google isn't helping.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/buckyrocks
    [link] [comments]

    List of Available, High-Quality Safari App Extensions?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    As we've known, Apple has been moving away from old format Safari extensions. Safari Extensions installed from the Safari Extensions Gallery has been marginalized in Mojave, and completely disabled in Catalina. Personally I dislike their choice, but have been searching for replacements on the other hand, since Safari is still the most safe and power-efficient option for browsing the web on Mac.

    However, I have found few decent extensions in the new format. The "Safari Extensions" section on the Mac App Store is badly maintained, noncomprehensive, and includes many low-quality app extensions that charges unreasonable price for simply re-packaging existing open-source scripts.

    Is there a list of currently available, high-quality Safari app extensions? Or have you found / been using any good Safari app extension worth suggesting? I'm badly in need of decent extensions for ad-blocking, user scripts, and user styles. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/firexcy
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find a list of every version of Final Cut Pro's supported MacOS version?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:12 AM PDT

    Any other X Windows Servers available for MacOS besides XQuartz?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    Any other X Windows Servers available for MacOS besides XQuartz? So, far, all I can find is XQuartz but always thought there would be others I can try. I need to be able to log into Linux servers and start X sessions.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/FortyYearOldVirgin
    [link] [comments]

    Are DS_Store files written to usb hard drives when user safely removes (ejects) USB or written in parallel when changes are taking place to hard drive?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    Anyone got the Sidecar Feature running on a MacBook Pro Late 2013?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    With the known terminal command...

    submitted by /u/nex0rz
    [link] [comments]

    AdBlock on Safari

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    Just a quick question. The ad blockers that I have found don't seem to work. Do you guys know any that actually work?

    submitted by /u/Strategos98
    [link] [comments]

    Question about boot camp and work computer

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    So I just got a Macbook Pro from my work but it comes with software like teamviewer and probably some other surveillance software I'm not aware of. If I install Windows 10 with bootcamp, will I be able to get around anything that was installed on the MacOS side? Thanks

    submitted by /u/kt4064
    [link] [comments]

    Is bash being replaced solely because of the GPLv3?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Corollary to Z-shell users: What do you like and dislike about zsh in comparison to bash or other extended Bourne shells?

    submitted by /u/rlysad
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] So i turned on my old 2012 MBP with Mac OS X on it with version 10.7.5 on it...

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    What options do i have to upgrade to a newer or more recent OS? Is it possible to upgrade OS X to any of the macOS?

    UPDATE: I Forgot i had El Capitan im downloading that right now. But still is there anyway to upgrade this old MBP to any of the macOS ?

    submitted by /u/howmanymeninthenorth
    [link] [comments]

    2016 MacBook Pro auto backlit keyboard

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    Hi there

    I recently got a 2016 MacBook Pro and I am loving it, however I have noticed that even with the setting on, the keyboard doesn't dim when under low light

    How do I fix this

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SlytherinRenegades3
    [link] [comments]

    Handoff/Continuity not working, nothing is working. HELP!!!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    I have 2017 MacBook Air running on macOS Mojave Beta and iPhone 6 running on iOS 12, Handoff/Continuity doesn't work at all. I really want to use Universal Clipboard, Instant Hotspot etc. Never tried these before but now when I want to use them none of them are working.

    I have tried all solutions given on internet, I have done these things:

    Restarted both devices many times.

    Turned Bluetooth and WiFi On/Off many times.

    Paired/Unpaired iPhone with Mac many times

    Logged in and logged out Apple ID many times on both devices.

    Deleted the com.apple.bluetooth.plist file many times.

    Still nothing is working for me, please someone help me.😢

    submitted by /u/jksahu333
    [link] [comments]

    How do I clear a whole lot of notifications from a single app?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    How do I clear a whole lot of notifications from a single app?

    See attached image. It's the same notification from a single app that I have on my mac (it's an app that I can't remove unfortunately, even temporarily).

    How do I clear all these notifications? I keep clicking on "Close" but it just keeps coming up - no idea how many there are.

    I have also tried clearing "notifications" from the notifications tray for as long as it allows me to. But these notifications are still there.

    The only way so far that I've managed to remove them is to switch on "Do not disturb" mode, when they disappear. But when I switch it off the notifications show up again.

    Halp!

    https://i.redd.it/8jwaepiub4331.png

    submitted by /u/alfa_sixten
    [link] [comments]

    MBP Late 2013 macOS support

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    I'm reading the comments of some people claiming that that this model with probably lose macOS support within a couple of years while the 2015 will be supported for much longer.

    Looking at the specs, the 15" Late 2013 MBP has basically the exact same hardware (same CPU, same iGPU, same chassis, same display etc.) as the Mid 2015 (which was manufactered until 2017), so does it make sense to think that Apple will support the 2013 as long as the 2015? I don't really see any reason why it shouldn't.

    submitted by /u/OchMn
    [link] [comments]

    Mac restarting itself during sleep

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro, Mid 2012, that has been slowing down, having trouble finding my wifi, restarting during sleep, etc. I eventually decided to go with the nuclear option, erased the hard drive, and reinstalled MacOS (now running 10.14.5). Everything seems to be fixed except it still restarts itself during sleep. The only third party software I put on the MacBook after the erase/reinstall was Chrome, but Chrome wasn't left open or running when I closed the lid to sleep. Any idea what's going on? Do I have a hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/sparklebird
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel