• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    macOS Very likely that will be possible to install Catalina on older unsupported Macs

    macOS Very likely that will be possible to install Catalina on older unsupported Macs


    Very likely that will be possible to install Catalina on older unsupported Macs

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    Very likely that will be possible to install Catalina on older unsupported Macs

    GREAT NEWS FELLOW UNSUPPORTED UPDATERS

    chances are that many of your older Macs will be unofficially supported by a new dosdude1 updater/patcher

    a workaround has been found to support non metal GPUs

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-15-catalina-on-unsupported-macs.2183772/page-37#post-27455096

    yeah baby

    and a new placeholder almost instantaneously has popped up on the dosdude1 official website:

    http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

    so I'm 99.99% sure that we will be able to update our older macs to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

    submitted by /u/CBD-
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else thinking the Apple Music app on Catalina is pretty bad?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    I'm not talking about performance because this is obviously the first developer beta and some issues are to be expected, but the overall UX of the app is pretty disappointing. I don't like how it instantly opens the search page when you click on the search box, even though I do like that it now keeps recently opened albums/playlists there, like Spotify. I also don't like that clicking on an album takes you to the album page instead of opening it in a dropdown view, the previous UX was better. Also the overall look and feel of the app is... cheap? basic? I don't know how to describe it. I really hope they'll improve it in the future betas.

    submitted by /u/AppleCrasher
    [link] [comments]

    What is in your opinion the best macOS feature in post-Steve Jobs era?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:42 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    From OS X Mountain Lion up to Catalina, what is in your opinion the best new feature?

    In my opinion (which will sound strange) it is APFS. Apple managed to stabilized an entire new filesystem in less than 4 years. I used it a lot, the snapshot feature is awesome, and I have never had a single data problem! I came from openSUSE in which I used BTRFS. OK, it has much more features than APFS, but the latter is way more stable (BTRFS has been developed now for more than 10 years and I am still find problems on it...).

    submitted by /u/Ronis_BR
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, brightness control button is missing. What should I do? I killed Touch Bar and restarted.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Ultimate silly question for an apple noob clean install.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:23 AM PDT

    I'm a window guy and I'm touching a mac for the first time: I'm fixing a friend's MBP mid 2012. New SSD and so: clean osx install from usb. MOJAVE or HIGH SIERRA? Are the late updates fixing the first Mojave first problems?

    submitted by /u/RobertCarlin
    [link] [comments]

    OS X Catalina returns Image Sequencer to QuickTime Player

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    Youtube not working properly on safari

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:22 AM PDT

    Hi guys! This is one of my first time on this sub so I apologize if this isn't the right place to be posting this, but I'm kind of at my wits end here. I recently purchased a brand new MBP 15" 2018. I've only had it for like three days and have very minimal things downloaded, no extensions, no plug-ins etc. I realized today that when I open multiple tabs on safari while watching youtube my videos will start buffering and decrease in quality. This only happens when using youtube, not other streaming sites like Netflix or HBO. At first I thought it was my internet, but I decided to download chrome just to make sure and lo and behold, all my YT videos load perfectly on chrome. No buffering, all HD, no issues whatsoever. I'm pretty frustrated, because I do prefer utilizing safari, since it works so much better within the ecosystem (passwords, handoff, bookmarks, etc.). I'm really not a fan of chrome, but haven't been able to find any solution for my current issue with youtube on safari. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar and had any tips on how to get youtube working to its full potential again?

    submitted by /u/l_flower
    [link] [comments]

    Help! My 2012 IMac is malfunctioning!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    I have a late 2012 IMac that I've been using without issue for years. Last month, I noticed it was getting slower and would freeze up at times, then it got progressively worse - freezing up for 30-60 seconds at a time, taking progressively longer to boot up when I entered my login info, etc. Sometimes it would even boot up with a black background screen, and just get progressively unusable. Since then I've been erasing the hard drive and reinstalling MacOS, and it'll work as normal for a certain amount of time, then the same thing will start to happen. I just did another restore today and the only thing I installed was Google Chrome, and already it's starting to freeze up and get slow again.

    Is it possible my older IMac isn't playing nice with Mojave? Is it a hardware issue? What am I dealing with? It's driving me nuts going through the time of doing a factory restore and setting up everything, only to have it start crapping out on me after a while.

    submitted by /u/MulletMojo
    [link] [comments]

    Really? Top of the line 2016 MBP already too old?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    Amphetamine Updated; Macbook Sleeps while Amphetamine is On

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    MasOS: El Capitan (10.11.6)
    Amphetamine: v4.1.6 (3939)

    My macbook keeps falling asleep, even after I've turned on Amphetamine (& toggled the setting for 'infinite' duration). I never use to have this problem with the program (Amphetamine) before, but it has started happening ever since I recently upgraded. To clarify, my display doesn't turn off. My entire computer sleeps. Thus, upon waking it back up, I've got to log into my account again.

    I've combed through all the preferences and couldn't find a fix. Can anyone help? Anyone experiencing similar issues?

    submitted by /u/hotwizard3000
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to install Mojave 10.14.4 but now the screen has been like this for 15’. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    NTFS for Mac Menu appears every time after a reboot. Why?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Safari Problem (Question)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    My 2016 MBP suddenly won't allow me to use Safari. The browser opens just fine but I can not click on anything (including preferences). I just get the strange "boop" noise when I try to do so.

    Chrome is still working fine. I've tried updating my software, force-quitting, and booting up the machine in safe mode.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Can I please get some advice? I use Safari for business and Chrome for pleasure so this vexes me.

    Thank you, I hope you're all having a lovely week.

    submitted by /u/WunderCheeze
    [link] [comments]

    Photoshop Issues since Catalina Beta?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I updated my Macbook Pro (2016 Touchbar) to the latest Catalina Beta (Was continuously asked to update) but since updating, when saving files in Photoshop it won't save the file extension (filename.jpg or filename.png etc)

    I'm forced to manually type it in order for it to save? Any ideas, is becoming super annoying!

    submitted by /u/EliGrandMusic
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Unexpected Shutdown

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Afternoon, Reddit —

    I just had an unexpected shutdown of my MacBook Air (2018) and it's just another issue on top of a few others I have been having lately (hello, upcoming keyboard replacement appointment!). I reported my unexpected shutdown, but would anyone with knowledge of these things be able to take a quick look at the report text and tell me what just happened? I would greatly appreciate it.

    I have pasted the error report text into a TextEdit file (.rtf) in my Dropbox. Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/GrimRobot
    [link] [comments]

    Escape doesn't turn off the screen anymore

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    Hello, until last week to lock my MacBook when in Clamshell mode I would do CMD+CTRL+Q and then press Escape to turn off the display. Recently this doesn't work when in clamshell mode or when not and the only way to turn off the display would be to open the MacBook and use the BTT Trackpad command I have to sleep the display. The "cancel" button on the lockscreen also does not work

    I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2018 running Mojave 10.14.5 if that helps.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CoolJWR100
    [link] [comments]

    Using ASR to restore multi-format DMG to physical disk

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    Hello, Sub!

    I know this is theoretically possible, but everything I have tried so far makes me wonder if it is effectually possible.

    I have a DMG which breaks down like this:

    /dev/disk13 (disk image): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: GUID_partition_scheme +251.0 GB disk13 1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk13s1 2: Apple_APFS Container disk14 125.4 GB disk13s2 3: Microsoft Basic Data Mobile Windows 10 125.4 GB disk13s3 /dev/disk14 (synthesized): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: APFS Container Scheme - +125.4 GB disk14 Physical Store disk13s2 1: APFS Volume Mobile Macintosh SSD 95.4 GB disk14s1 2: APFS Volume Preboot 44.1 MB disk14s2 3: APFS Volume Recovery 509.7 MB disk14s3 4: APFS Volume VM 8.6 GB disk14s4 

    As you can see, I have two bootable operating systems on the drive -- an APFS/NTFS combo. I am trying to restore to a physical disk using this command:

    asr restoreexact --source /[path]/[filename].dmg --target /dev/disk15 --erase 

    which results in error message:

    Couldn't set up partitions on target device - operation AddAPFSVolumeToContainer, line #4526 - error 49231 

    I have tried a few different things including restoring at volume level instead of disk level, pre-partitioning, using mount point instead of DMG file location as source, different permutations of commands, etc. but I am met with other similar error messages. I have also tried using "restore" instead of "restoreexact" as well.

    Is ASR capable of restoring the entire disk from the image? Does anyone know if CCC can accomplish this? Thank you in advance for your guidance!

    Edit: Solved!

    submitted by /u/DeathToMediocrity
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduling mac to turn off after a specific time

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    Energy saving options for the computer in mac basically go from 1hr to 2hrs to 3hrs to "never shut down" mode, so setting it for more than 3 hours, like e.g. for 10 hours, is not allowed initially. Does someone know an internal or external way to circumvent this?

    submitted by /u/Kenezis
    [link] [comments]

    How to switch Option and Command keys on the right side only?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    I just bought online the Space Grey Magic Keyboard with Num Pad. I hadn't considered the option that spacebar may be longer and it's hard for me to write in my national language with special letters because I constantly hit Command instead of Option.

    I'd like to switch them but only for right side, the left one (left from spacebar) is OK. How can I do that?

    submitted by /u/doles
    [link] [comments]

    All documents are not displayed in Finder after failed attempt to instal Windows. Need help

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    Good day! Mac OS High Sierra. I tried to install Windows through the Boot Camp. The installation failed, but my disk was divided into 2 disks (one usual and new 6 gb disk). And there is a problem - in Finder all my documents are not displayed. So everything in Downloads, Documents, Recent and so on - everything disappeared. The only documents I see are documents on the desktop, I can open them, but all the folders there are empty too. The documents are not deleted, I can see them, if I check "About my Mac" -> Storage. Also, I merged the disks back to one, but seems to be it did everything worse...

    So the question is, how to take it all back?

    P.S. I cannot do any screenshots, because they are not saving anymore.

    submitted by /u/sabdemo
    [link] [comments]

    Font Sharpness issue on Mojave?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    The fonts on my Asus 229 look terrible. It looks fine on the Macbook display. I've seen many people have this issue. Does anyone have solution anything?

    submitted by /u/ishanfx
    [link] [comments]

    Daisy chaining display port monitors on MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Can someone with the beta installed and two DisplayPort 1.2 monitors enabled check if MST is finally supported ?

    It works in the older versions of MacOS, but the monitors are just mirrorer and can't be extended.

    submitted by /u/WoWScoty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel