• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    Apple TV HELP - No Atmos options showing in Netflix on my home theater setup - Apple 4k tvOS 12.3 through my AVR (pushing 1080p projector)

    Apple TV HELP - No Atmos options showing in Netflix on my home theater setup - Apple 4k tvOS 12.3 through my AVR (pushing 1080p projector)


    HELP - No Atmos options showing in Netflix on my home theater setup - Apple 4k tvOS 12.3 through my AVR (pushing 1080p projector)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    I just bought an Apple TV 4k and updated the software. I run HDMI from the aTV4k > Denon AVR 3200W (atmost/4k compatible) > 1080p Projector

    In iTunes the Atmos comes through well on movies (I have a 5.1.2 speaker set-up)

    HOWEVER, Netflix (prem 4k subscription) doesn't show Dolby atmos options for any of its programming (can you not get Atmos if you don't have a 4k display running out of your AVR?). Anyone know how to set up so it will trick it into thinking I have a 4k set-up that might also get it to push Atmos?

    submitted by /u/TheCrapIPutUpWith
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to send a message from a phone to an Apple TV? We back-door this process by writing a note on the phone and casting it to the ATV, but it would be nice if there were an app or something that let us do this more cohesively.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Switched Apple TVs and now the Volume control via IR is gone, Send help

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    Apple TV automatically turns on my television after shutting TV off.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    This is a somewhat relatively new thing that has started happening (within the last couple months).

    When I turn my TV off then after a few minutes Apple TV will automatically turn it back on again. I know it's Apple TV because when I unplug the device entirely then it doesn't happen. I thought maybe the remote was the culprit thinking that maybe some glitch in the remote was causing it to falsely register touches or keypresses so I unpaired the remote and now use my iPhone as the remote but it still happens. I did a little searching around and it was recommended to turn off background app refresh so I did that, still happens. I also tried manually putting the Apple TV to sleep before turning off my TV but it still happens.

    As mentioned before, I have no issues when I unplug the Apple TV entirely so that's what I have to do when I'm done with it, but that's pretty annoying having to unplug it, then plug it back in when I want to use it again.

    My Apple TV is up to date with the latest OS version and my TV is an LG C7 OLED.

    Any ideas what might be causing this? Do I perhaps have a faulty unit or are other people experiencing similar?

    submitted by /u/the_one_true_bool
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV nba app

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:02 AM PDT

    Hey, I'm planning on buying the new Apple TV 4K. I live in Germany and I want to watch the nba on the bigscreen. I know that there's an Apple TV nba app in us but is there also one available in Germany? How or where can I find this Information? Secondly I currently don't have a 4K tv but I'll be getting one soon. Can I use the 4K Apple TV with my 1080p tv? I know it might be a stupid question but you never know with Apple 😅

    Thanks for your help!!

    submitted by /u/PKO1996
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a list of specific TV models that are getting the Apple TV app? I can’t seem to find one.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    Do I have 4K as a option?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    How do I know I have the 4K Apple TV? I have the 64 GB model. Is the 64 GB model only available as the 4K one?

    submitted by /u/Renzzo98
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4th Gen Won't Wake from Sleep

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    So I finally got rid of DirecTV and have switched to AppleTV using YTTV/Netflix/Hulu, etc. I have a bunch of 4th gens and 2 4Ks. All with newer Samsung TVs, all with HDMI-CEC turned on. I am absolutely able to put all the TVs to sleep holding down the Home button. But most of the time, my 4th gens will not wake up. I have had good luck with the 4Ks but can't say they have been 100%. The 4th gens can be fixed with a power cycle, or I can use the remote to go into pairing mode and it wakes it up that way. However then I am unable to pair it. A power cycle and things are back to normal.

    I tried to see if I could update firmware, but the instructions I have found are for <12.3 and don't seem to work with the current TVOS. On my 4ks the firmware version for the remotes is 0x0116 and my 4th gens is 0x0245.

    I don't have all the remotes for the TVs and I really don't want to have to use a 2nd remote to turn off/on the TV.

    There seem to be a lot of threads on this with no resolution. Any ideas? I honestly think I am going to go away from AppleTV once YTTV is launched on FireTV, unless this gets fixed.

    Thanks in advance for any insights.

    submitted by /u/haggis444
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to play videos uploaded o Google drive?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Help with Apple TV 3

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Hi, I have the Apple TV 3 and after many years of service it seems to have developed an issue.

    I was cleaning my tv and unplugged and it cleaned it with a slightly wet cloth. When I plugged it back in I noticed there is a slight problem.

    It shows the Apple logo on boot up no problem but then it's either no signal, it keeps flashing on and off or portions of the screen have the white show you see on old TVs ( don't really know how to describe it)

    If I unplug every other device on my tv and plug it in to HDMI 3 that seems to make it slightly better but it still flashes on and off. On some TVs the issue isn't as bad but it still happens.

    I had a HDMI Repeater in the house and this seems to kinda resolve the issue, but I'd rather know the issue and not have to use up another socket for this booster and would rather run a cable straight to my TV.

    I can see no one online with the same issue, any ideas? I have tried multiple HDMI Cables...

    submitted by /u/albertj0hnson
    [link] [comments]

    ATV3 - Anyone else experiencing Hulu + S3 Handmaid's Tale Playback Issues?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I have a ATV3 that is still very functional and reliable. However, when my SO and I attempt to watch episodes of "Handmaid's Tale", S3 on the Hulu app, playback will often glitch out, by freezing frame and audio. Subtitles will continue to play at normal speed for a short time before speeding up and then freezing. Turning subtitles off seems to make the episodes less prone to glitching out, but this does not totally fix the issue. Ads are glitched out, too — the ad progress indicator will sometimes appear during normal episode playback, those ads seemed to get skipped altogether, while later on the ad sequences behaved normally.

    My fix has been to rewind the episode slightly, and then replay. One interesting aspect of this, is that when we rewind a minute or so back and then resume normal playback, irregularly shaped green bars appear at the bottom of the letterboxing, which makes me think there's an issue with the way Hulu is compressing these episodes. Bandwidth, time of day, etc. have no bearing on the playback glitches I've recounted. All other apps stream as normally. And yes, I know I need to upgrade my ATV.

    submitted by /u/hifiDesign
    [link] [comments]

    How to adjust Steam Link resolution above 1080p?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    I'm using 3440 x 1440 but for some reason on Apple TV 4K Steam Link's max resolution is just 1080p. Correct me if I'm wrong but Steam Link should go at least as the monitor?

    Has anyone managed to get true 4K without havin a 4K monitor as well?

    submitted by /u/escalibur
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Times: Why Apple need their own games controller

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    An interesting Youtube channel with 4K screensavers and relaxing music for Apple TV. Maybe someone will come in handy.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    Just bought an AppleTV 4K primarily for Plex and Netflix. Worth returning and waiting for the new one?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    It seems to work great for my purposes. Any reason to think the new update will offer anything to improve the experience?

    submitted by /u/JPSchmeckles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel