• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 12]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 12]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 12]

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper Wednesday - [June 12]

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:18 AM PDT

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.

    Share your wallpaper on the r/Apple Discord.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Google’s login chief would rather you use Apple’s sign-in button than keep using passwords

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Initial Thoughts on iPadOS: A New Path Forward

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Apple still hosts the MobileMe family pack on their website.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    The Next iPhone XR Will Supposedly Have a Nearly 6% Larger Battery

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    After just two years, my Apple AirPods are basically nonfunctional.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:11 PM PDT

    They disconnect all the time. Will say it's out of battery after 30-45 minutes. One ear would disconnect or both disconnect and then only one reconnects.

    Massive problem because I use them a lot at the gym but then they ALWAYS disconnect nowadays and I won't be able to reconnect them because the fucking charger is in the locker room. I've re-paired this shit to my devices several times and nothing works. This feels 100% like a software issue to me I gotta say.

    Either way I'm so disappointed. They didn't break. They just literally stop functioning. What the fuck?!

    Edit: I'd like to add it feels like it's more than just the batteries. When I enter highly crowded areas it seems like the signal gets jammed sometimes and is also lose connection. I noticed it happens more frequently in the subway

    submitted by /u/3927729
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Your iPhone may stop charging at 80% when it gets too warm

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:11 AM PDT

    I have a nearly brand-new iPhone Xs that's been maxing its charge at 80%. After doing the usual force resets/new setup/restores, I came across this from Apple:

    If your device stopped charging at 80 percent

    Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569

    This makes sense as the reason my phone isn't charging beyond 80% since it's been very hot where I live, and the phone is warm to the touch. I hope this helps others who might see the same issue.

    submitted by /u/GiorgioTsoukalosHair
    [link] [comments]

    Steve Jobs on Design and the Tablet PC

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    ‎Apple Style Guide

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:11 AM PDT

    I guess Apple's "street view" is coming to Italy too

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:54 AM PDT

    photo I took in Ponte a Elsa (FI) yesterday

    look in the link for the photo, anyway I don't understand why you can't put photos in this subreddit

    submitted by /u/sassolinoo
    [link] [comments]

    I Wrote This on a 30-Year-Old Computer (Macintosh SE)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    Apple just replaced a phone with water still in it.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    PHOTOS: https://imgur.com/a/Euut399

    I've been an apple customer for 10+ years. I have NEVER ever complained about the support or the build quality. I was supper happy hearing firstly IP67 rating, then IP68 on XS. I literally bought new iphone each year - mostly because I'm a Quality Assurance guy, so I needed them for work - the perk was i was getting a new phone year to year.

    We had a serious storm and i was dumb enough to get the phone out for too long. Water got in.

    All LDI markers clean, i thought all will be good. Nope, green artifacts, water still inside, corroded lightning port, replacement offered for 800$. Ouch.

    I decided to give it a go and contact support. Send them all the info, including photos showing the water inside. They said water damages are out of warranty, linked the pages, etc...

    AND THEN THE GUY SAID THEY'LL MAKE ME A ONE TIME EXCEPTION.

    I guess I'm getting a new iphone this year too! THANK YOU apple

    PS: i'm still pissed an IP68 phone did not resist rain water. Oh well..

    submitted by /u/Rabus
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone sales decline over 20% in Europe, Africa

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    The Anti-Mac User Interface (1996)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    What would you do if you were the CEO of apple?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    What future tech would you put the most RD into? What current products would you modify? What companies would you acquire? Just how would you handle the direction of the company?

    submitted by /u/jaytm21
    [link] [comments]

    Every iPhone Commercial

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:57 AM PDT

    Maybe this can solve your Apple Pencil charging failures.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:11 AM PDT

    I have troubles with my Apple Pencil charging and even not working lately, so surfing the whole internet to find a solution, finally did!! Thanks to u/Tommmmmm121 from Apple Pencil sub.

    Solution: Go to settings — Touch Id and Passcode — Turn on "USB Accessories" and done!

    My Apple Pencil is alive again!

    submitted by /u/Alabamaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Account disabled

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    I'm not expecting this to get much attention, but here goes.

    Currently, my iTunes account is disabled for a monetary issue, or so I think (I haven't called Apple yet but the timing of them disabling my account makes sense) and I need help on who I can contact outside of my bank.

    May 31st, 2019 I had opened up my Bumble app to start swiping and was eventually offered a 14-day free trial of their Bumble Boost. I figured I'd try it out and downloaded it which I was then promptly charged $53.99. So that was weird. I got in contact with an Apple customer service rep and explained the situation. I figured it was pretty self explanatory and would have no issue with the return process, ya know? To my dismay, they said they could not generate a refund and that I should reach out to the developer and find out why I was charged for the subscription.

    I reached out to Bumble and explained the situation and asked what I could do. "Occasionally Apple will deem users ineligible for a trial - possibly because they have already had a trial previously for under a different account. In this case, it is Apple that chooses to charge you immediately. Unfortunately, these immediate charges are out of our control... Apple controls payments and refunds for all app creators - not just Bumble." - That was from one of Bumble's feedback team.

    You know what's the crazy thing though? I've had the same Apple account for almost a decade and never downloaded a free trial from Bumble since I got it, so I contacted Apple again and they said the exact same thing they had said when I had first contacted them, "I'm sorry, unfortunately we are unable to issue a refund as per our terms of sale."

    June 4th I had to wait a few days to contact my bank so the charges could be collected and I could claim it as fraud. There obviously wasn't much my bank could do other than give me back my credit until they've disputed things out with Apple.

    June 11 I needed to download an app for work and that's when I was hit with the message "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes." I attempted to log in a few times and couldn't and so I went to Google my answer which the common answer seems to be suspicious activity and that's why most accounts are disabled.

    Here's the thing, I had an issue very similar like this 9 months ago with Sony/PlayStation Store where I had the Spider-Man game in my cart and a movie and after removing the game to only purchase the movie, I was charged for both the movie and game. Same shit happened where I talked to a PS customer rep and they said they couldn't refund me, I involved my bank, and my PS account was disabled until I paid the money back and that's what I feel like is going on with Apple right now.

    I know this was a pretty long post but I needed to hash out the details and so it brings me back to my questions. Who can I contact after I reach out to Apple after I ask them why my account is disabled? Should I just wait until my bank confirms the fraud activity? Last time I researched this I found a reddit user who said to contact the Federal Trade Commission. Any help or input is appreciated

    TL;DR Gonna have to redirect you to top of the post kind, sir.

    submitted by /u/hawkabear
    [link] [comments]

    How to use external storage with new iPadOS

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:31 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel