• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 15, 2019

    macOS Catalina has new rearranged apps in the dock

    macOS Catalina has new rearranged apps in the dock


    Catalina has new rearranged apps in the dock

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    Not sure if there are other crazy people out there like me, but I really like to keep my system as default as macOS ships. Therefore with Catalina the dock has a new arrangement now. Fore example, FaceTime has been moved to the left to possible combine all communication apps together. https://i.imgur.com/4UVtfdY.jpg

    submitted by /u/soramac
    [link] [comments]

    10.14.5 Completely Frozen

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:25 AM PDT

    I recently updated my iMac to 10.14.5 and it has been constantly completely freezing. Has this been happening to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/whobrokemylegs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to AirPlay a Mac display to multiple devices?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    On Mojave, I can currently use either Duet Display or Apple TV 4K to extend my display though how can I output my display to these two devices at the same time?

    Both make use of Airplay and it's only possible to either use Duet or ATV.

    For some reason Splashtop XDisplay has some bugs, I've not yet tested Splashtop Streamer on Mac(not sure if it uses AirPlay as well)

    Sidecar on Catalina seems to make use of AirPlay as well hence this question would still be valid.

    The only AirPlay2 sources I can find online reference this for audio and not new video capabilities. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/darzo27
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Finding Files...

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    I recently downloaded a program from a website I later found out might be unsafe. I ran the installer but can't find any files under the name of the developer or program? Under "System Information" I found the installed file, but I want to find it in Finder and delete all of it. Any help would be appreciated. I am paranoid about my computer being infected with malware.

    submitted by /u/joculardonkey
    [link] [comments]

    MACBOOK PRO 15" 2011 Boot Loop?! Help!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    I had this problem about two months ago and after paying $200 at a computer repair shop, my macbook was back in service.

    Now, the other night I was watching netflix. Suddenly the screen went dark and I had to hold down power to get it to turn off.

    Now, it's in boot loop again. I tried every key combo on startup that I could find on google, and nothings working.

    I even booted in single user mode and checked the disk, and the results with that were fine.

    Now when it goes to boot, I get the apple logo, the loading bar goes half way, and then it sits on a white screen for a while before the fans start going full blast and it reboots itself.

    Just as I was typing this, I actually managed to get to the login screen. Unfortunately, as soon as I logged in, the screen went dark and the fans went off and it once again rebooted.

    If you have any help please let me know, I'd much rather not spend another $200 if this is going to continue happening or have to save up for a new laptop entirely when college is 2 months away.

    submitted by /u/oddw0lf
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Temp. and Fan Control. MacBook Pro 15" 2018.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    Hi. I currently use my Macbook for some high consuming tasks (light gaming and video rendering). I control the fans speed with SMC Fan Control. I would like to know if it is more dangerous to fasten the fans than allowing the computer to overheat, and if not, the dangers of speeding the fans and their life expectancy. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TraditioCatholica
    [link] [comments]

    My external 27" LG monitor goes black when watching videos full screen online

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I noticed this by watching videos from Apple's WWDC 2019. I happens 100% time while streaming in Safari on WWDC website. Does not occur when watching with offline video (for example when I download the MP4/MOV/whatever file).

    Any ideas? I recorded a short video with my iPhone to capture this bug.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j73c4xou9o49aw/black_screen_issue.mp4?dl=0

    submitted by /u/doles
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a calculator app that has a mode for hours and rates?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    I create professional services contracts for my job, and they typically include different resources which bill at different rates. Many times I'll be talking to a potential customer on the phone and we'll start talking through different scenarios and I'll have to quickly launch Excel and create some formulas to keep track of the various models that we'll be talking through.

    Is anyone aware of a calculator that has a services hours / rate mode already built in?

    submitted by /u/CincyTriGuy
    [link] [comments]

    sed to GNU-sed

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    Has anybody adventured replacing the stock sed for GNU sed?

    Any recommendations?

    I have a bunch of scripts that uses commands like .../+2p that are not supported on posix.

    submitted by /u/LionyxML
    [link] [comments]

    Streamable videos not playing

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    Anyone else having this issue in safari? If so, any solutions?

    submitted by /u/dwadefan45
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad's haptic feedback not working

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    Hi, I own a 2017 13" Macbook Pro and like 2 months ago all of sudden the haptic feedback for the click stopped responding I checked every setting, resetting nvram and SMC to no avail. It came back out of nowhere about a month ago and after 2 or 3 days left again. Force touch is still working and detecting pressure, just the vibration's missing. Any idea why? and any of you has faced a similar situation?

    submitted by /u/axlsa
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a menu at app shortcut for startup disk?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    I am running macOS Catalina along side MacOS Mojave and I'm switching between them daily to work with SwiftUI.

    Is there an app that I can get that runs in the menu at that could help me boot into the other OS?

    Currently I have to go to System Prefs->Startup Disk, unlock the panel and them restart into the other OS.

    submitted by /u/shaqaruden
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Music for someone who has the Beta installed.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    I'm a music producer who primarily makes mashups and remixes of songs, and I use iTunes to manage metadata of all my songs, including the BPM, track year, producer and key (Though I use the 'Grouping' field to store keys). This allows me to quickly sort by any of these values (usually key) to find songs that will mix together well. Does the new Music app have this capability? If not, is there a way to continuing using iTunes in addition to Music in Catalina?

    TLDR: Can the new Music app manage song tags/metadata? If not, can Catalina still run iTunes in addition to Catalina?

    submitted by /u/scooterT12
    [link] [comments]

    Adding shared mailboxes to Mac Mail

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    I'm trying to find an option in Mac Mail to add a shared mailbox that does not have a password, and doesn't act as its own Exchange account. In Outlook, I can go to Accounts > Advanced > Delegates >Open these additional mailboxes. As long as the person has permission to access that mailbox they can add it. I'm having trouble finding the equivalent in Mac Mail, other than adding an "other" mail account (which requires a password). This post from 2013 indicates that there was no function for delegates in 10.7 even with Exchange support, I'm hoping that this function has been added since then but everything I search leads me to Outlook instead.

    submitted by /u/superzenki
    [link] [comments]

    Friend tried to format her MacBook for resale and wiped the whole thing..

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Long story short, she went against advice and followed a youtube tutorial and didn't make a back up properly.

    The MacBook Air switches on but doesn't get very far. I noticed on my old MacBook it allowed me to install the OS again? Any tutorials on how to successfully reinstall the OS from a pen drive? An official copy that is, I appreciate this was a huge mistake on her part and she is very silly but definitely want to help :)

    submitted by /u/Chuckadrew
    [link] [comments]

    How to SetFile permissions on all files and folders?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:46 AM PDT

    I've got a lot of files "grayed" on finder, so to fix it I am running:

    SetFile -c "" -t "" files 

    I could not find any -R (recursive) option so I can do it to all files inside directories and subdirectories. Is there any?

    Should I run ls or find to list every file and pipe it into the SetFile command?

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/LionyxML
    [link] [comments]

    File Sorting by Name Issue

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:18 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone knows any trick to correct the issue I'm having:

    I've got a folder with a lot of work-related photos for data analysis, with naming conventions based around dates and subjects. The files in the folder appear like this:

    2019_021119a-2.jpeg
    2019_021119a.jpeg
    2019_021119b.jpeg

    The issues I'm having is that it would be hours of work more convenient and lead to less data processing errors if the file ending in "a-2" would appear below the file ending in "a". Does anyone know how to make this happen? I've fiddled a bit with the general sorting options to no avail.

    submitted by /u/MEGACOMPUTER
    [link] [comments]

    Can't download iMovie anymore...

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    New Mac won't open downloaded applications

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    I just upgraded my ageing Mac Mini to the latest version. I had an issue trying to migrate my applications and files from my Time Machine backup, mainly because the SSD on the new machine is smaller than the backup.

    Anyway, I figure I need to reinstall my applications one by one, but I can't open any downloaded zipped programs. Tried dowloading Cura (3d printing software) on both Safari and Chrome, tried Simplify3D, tried Karabiner. All give me the same result: " file" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash"

    I searched a bit online about this, and tried the Terminal command to access the Open from Anywhere option in Security and Privacy in System Preferences. No joy though. The option is selected, and I restarted the machine but I still can't open anything.

    It's getting kind of frustrating not being able to access my old applications and not being allowed to reinstall new versions either. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/fingermouse_irl
    [link] [comments]

    Problem

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:06 AM PDT

    So, my windows bootcamp got a virus: WannaCry (decryption file virus) . Me being a smart ass decided to restore the bootcamp, now here's the thing: It said "restore failed" and it went back to normal bootcamp mode. And my macOS is still have the same storage and I'm left with a disk called "Untitled" with 97GB and 20kb used. I can't restore it : Restore process has failed. The destination does not have enough space. Click Done to continue (OSStatus Error 28) and first aid doesn't work either.

    Detailed error:

    Restoring "Untitled" from "Macintosh HD"

    Validating target...

    Validating source...

    Validating sizes...

    Not enough space on /Volumes/Untitled/ContainerToInvert to restore

    The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 28.)

    Operation failed…

    Do I have any fix or am I stuck with a 158GB storage MacBook Pro or even worse, have to restore it to factory settings? Please help, I'm clueless

    submitted by /u/Ervitrum
    [link] [comments]

    Is bootcamp as safe or safer than the macOS system?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    So my dad is concerned that if I install Windows 10 and I'm downloading stuff, he thinks I will get a virus and it will infect my macOS, which contains a lot of my personal information. Should this be a concern?

    I have a 2017 MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar running 10.14.5 Mojave with no antivirus.

    submitted by /u/Oouran
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel