• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 15, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 14]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 14]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 14]

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Developer makes bold request loud and clear (WWDC 2003)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    Apple's former long-time Siri head says virtual assistants don't deliver on their promise

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    High-end users on 'Why I'm buying the new Mac Pro'

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    Cellebrite Says It Can Unlock Any iPhone for Cops

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 11:03 PM PDT

    Apple restricts online Apple Store access to newer versions of Safari and macOS

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    All refurbished iPad models have been removed from the apple store, refurb 2018 iPad Pro's coming?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Apple has updated the rules surrounding its enterprise certificates to cut down on developers abusing the program to work around restrictions in the AppStore

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    Mattel Launches New Hot Wheels 'id' Smart Track Kit and NFC Cars Exclusively at Apple Stores

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Voice control seems amazing. Now all Apple needs to do is integrate Siri, Voice Control and Shortcuts super tight.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    TIL changing the volume on the Mac while shifting allows you to hear how loud it will be

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    If you're connected to speakers or headphones you haven't used before, you can use this before playing audio.

    submitted by /u/conorh3617
    [link] [comments]

    The current AR story in the App Store is linking to a different app than they’re writing about

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:04 PM PDT

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/gallery/D3IxlcX

    I feel a little bad for the Orbu developer.

    Not sure how to reach out to the apple folks with this.

    submitted by /u/-Nicolai
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple support the best in the business? A field report.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    I have been using Android, Microsoft, and other products for years. I switched to the Apple ecosystem this week. My Android phones would become dysfunctional- whether battery issues, bluetooth issues, one of them would even shut down at 50% battery. My Dell laptop was initially plagued with Windows and the alternative, Linux was great but not totally functional on my $800 machine (after over 100 responses from people trying to help me troubleshoot my issues and trying every solution, I learned to just listen to those responses from people who plainly stated "Nobody cares about hardware acceleration and decoding and media on Linux/GNU").

    When my products had hardware issues, never, ever did I receive free repairs on products, and never did I communicate on a support call line with somebody who was competent, friendly, and considerate. They were all just doing their job at the minimal possible level (which as far as I can tell didn't require much, other than disappointing customers with bad news)

    In fact, my Nexus 6P was so bad and the lack of support and response from Huawei (and a lesser degree, Google) actually brought about a class action lawsuit. There's no customer appreciation, no respect when things go awry due to a company's failures.

    In short, there's no "good faith."

    Not to mention how with Google, the incessant privacy invasions and poor conduct- a nuance of being in their ecosystem that I learned to just live with.

    After purchasing a 2013 MacBook Pro this week (and being absolutely blown away by the experience and usability), a friend donated his old iPhone 7 which, it turns out is having trouble with cellular network connectivity. After going through the Apple Support buttons on their website, I requested a phone call and I was talking with a competent, friendly (American) Apple employee named Sharon. This was after a whole 45 seconds of waiting on hold (which was actually a kind of awesome experience- I was actually asked if I wanted to listen to music while I waited and, if so, what genre I'd prefer). Sharon asked me to go through the first preliminary step of restarting my device- I then politely told her everything I had already tried including visiting my cell phone service provider and a DFU restore and she didn't bother making me do it all again, she goes "Oh, if you already tried all that, then never mind" (thank you!). She set up an appointment a couple hours later at an Apple Store nearby and then wished me an "amazing day" (and I could tell she meant that shit). After being immediately greeted by a smiling face and some directions at the store, the tech support person (Melanie) met with me just a few minutes later and helped me. Sure enough, the malfunction is covered under warranty and they're going to return my working device to me in under a week.

    I'm getting my several-year-old, second-hand product repaired, for free. I always thought people were just being fanboys when they bragged about their Apple products, the support, the ease and seamlessness of the entire experience. It's absolutely absurd and as a Software Engineer, I have so much appreciation for how they've constructed their entire product line and company culture. I don't think I'll ever purchase a non-Apple product again if given the choice. My only request is that they make the Apple Watch thinner so I can sport one :)

    tl;dr For those who have been with Apple for a while, you all have no idea how good you have it with Apple support and their products in general

    submitted by /u/macmeeler
    [link] [comments]

    Did a quick mock-up of the iPhone 11 in my iPhone XsMax case this morning. I dig it! It’s growing on me. Let’s do this!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:21 AM PDT

    Question about Apple Certs

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    I am a school district tier 1 building tech who mostly supports iPads and Macs (with some Windows computers). If I get a couple more certs, I can get a raise but I'm on my own for training and exam costs. From what I understand that while Apple certs aren't that common, but they are fairly advantageous for those who hold certs like the ACMT. I am specifically looking into the ACMT, ACiT, and ACSP. However, I have a few questions before I dive into this:

    1. Does anyone have experience with any of these certs?

    2. Do I have to take the in-person class to take the ACMT or take the online course? I ask because a friend of mine told me you must take the in-person class that costs $3000.

    3. How much does access cost for the Apple Care Technician Training for a year?

    4. Does a year subscription to the Apple Care Technician Training also include a voucher for either or both the ACMT or the ACiT?

    5. If it does not include exam voucher, how much does an exam cost for an exam or exams?

    6. Would I be able to take any or all of these exams at a Pearson Vue location (which is most convenient for me)?

    Any and all information you could provide would be most appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tjb122982
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel