• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 22, 2019

    iPhone r/iPhone Photography Thread - June 22, 2019

    iPhone r/iPhone Photography Thread - June 22, 2019


    r/iPhone Photography Thread - June 22, 2019

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied Photography Thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended for users to share their photo's that they've taken on their iPhone. Upgrade images / "Joined the Club" images are permitted here, too.


    Guidelines:

    1. Please use a reputable image hosting like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts are permitted. If NSFW pictures are shown you will be punished.

    This thread will run from 01:30am UTC on Saturday through to 06:05pm UTC on Monday. After this thread is over, it will be locked and unstickied.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    If you’re going to buy a clear case, I would suggest you get one that advertises UV Resistance. Those without UV Resistance will have a yellow hue as time goes by due to UV exposure, and my two month old Spigen case on the left is proof of this

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    We’re a Retro Family!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    Very very nice feature

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:03 AM PDT

    I have an obsession with Space Gray and retrowave backgrounds

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    If you know you know

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    rip iphone 4, 2011-2019 :(

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Using Spotlight to launch apps on iOS

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    Since 2012 I've been searching for the best way to organize my apps on iPhones. I have constantly about 150 of them on my device and it becomes a hassle to sort things out on multiple screens. Like most of you I've tried the most popular ways: by importance, by theme, alphabetically and even by color (or mixed variations). Most of these methods worked out pretty well but in time they prove to be inefficient. The reason for this is the endless swiping between screens - rarely used apps are deeply buried in some 'Travel' or 'Media' folder on screen 2 or 3.

    Last year I bought my first Mac and found out that on macOS launching apps is easy: everyone is using Spotlight. Launchpad is totally forgotten and nobody cares how apps are sorted on your Mac.

    It seems that using Spotlight on iPhone is handy in the exact same way as well. There is no faster way to launch any app but using Spotlight: just swipe down from your home screen, tap the first two letter of the app and you are good to go. It takes a second most.

    So I've build a single home screen only: most used apps on the first 5 rows and on the last one - 4 folders named A-F, G-M, N-T and U-Z where the hundreds of apps are stored, sorted alphabetically. I never open these folders and just use Spotlight instead.

    Perhaps many of you have already come to this conclusion, I don't feel like an inventor here. But maybe you should give this method a try, it works for me great. It will save you tons of time and swipes.

    submitted by /u/dimitar_kostov
    [link] [comments]

    How do I purchase this pre-ordered album? My pre order link isn’t working

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Maps’ flyover is insanely good in Honolulu, Hawaii

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    The iPhone 8 is probably one of the best midrange devices you can buy in 2019

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    So I've had the iPhone X🅁 on a yearly upgrade plan while sharing phone service with a group of people but I've been kind of sick of paying a monthly payment for a phone, especially since im a student so any way I can reduce my bills is great. Since I've recently moved into my own cell plan I decided to just buy a phone outright.

    My budget was around $500 or so including taxes, and these are the devices I was contemplating:

    Pixel 3a: $399. Pros: stock android, fast guaranteed updates, probably best camera for the price.
    Cons: no IP cert. midrange processor, no wireless charging (not that big of a deal). I've heard the pixel has lag problems after an extended period so I was a little weary.

    Samsung galaxy s9: around $480 pros: last years flagship so you get all the flagship features. Samsung pay is cool too. Expandable storage is cool, but I have 200gb of cloud storage through google. Headphone jack is nice, but I use wireless headphones / car Bluetooth so it's whatever. Cons: software. For some reason I've always hated Samsung software on android. I tried switching to the s10e earlier this year and hated it even though I loved it on paper. Slowwww updates even though Samsung software is very polished so it's not the worst thing in the world. I just hate not having the newest software after being used to IOS and getting software immediately.

    LG G7: $270 Pros: same pros as Samsung except the phone is much cheaper. Cons: lg doesn't really do anything great, everything is just OK. OK camera, ok software, ok screen, etc. LG is TERRIBLE at software updates. You're lucky to get 1 major software update 7 months late. Yuck.

    So I started looking at iPhones ....

    iPhone X is about $600 ish on amazon. Too over budget.

    iPhone 7 is very cheap, $250 but i planned on keeping this phone for 2+ years so In my mind I was worried about longevity.

    iPhone 8: $370 pros: same processor as iPhone X, great camera, water resistance, wireless charging, Touch ID is great, great screen, 3d touch, Then I saw that I could get a 256gb version for only $42 more, wow. Cons: obviously a very dated design. Battery life is just OK. Small screen. (Which I like, I enjoy the 1 hand-ability.)

    So In the end I bought the 256gb iPhone 8 for $479 including taxes from amazon. Amazing value for what you get, especially since i should get software updates for another 2-3 years. Overall no real main point to this post, just thought I would share how interesting the smartphone market is in terms of pricing.

    submitted by /u/Romnulous
    [link] [comments]

    My synthwave iphone setup

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 music plays through aux, phone calls will not??

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    I've had my iPhone 8 Plus for about 6 months now. I've had no problems or issues except one. While in the car my phone is plugged into the cars auxiliary port and connected by the iPhone lightening attachment. Music and all noises play through the car stereo, but when I get a phone call it only plays through my phone. Not the car speakers. Any idea how to fix this??

    submitted by /u/WillowxBranch
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite game on the App Store to play?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    I've been playing Star Wars Knights of the old Republic since 2003, and been playing it on the App Store since I discovered it in 2013. Anyone else have any suggestions on other games to play?

    submitted by /u/AppleWars66
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 7 Plus that I found on the train, and was reset by someone else (presumably)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    I want to contact the owner, and let them know I have their phone, since it's clean and it looks almost brand new. I can't do this, since Apple blocks out their email address in the activation lock setup. Thoughts on what can I do?

    submitted by /u/backstreetatnight
    [link] [comments]

    Gone in 60 secs

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 04:05 AM PDT

    Hey Siri changed to “computer”

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    If you pronounce hey Siri as computer or some other command like hey iPhone will it respond with the new command?

    submitted by /u/iZane8000
    [link] [comments]

    Apple’s system of rearranging/deleting apps has been the same for 10+ years and it SUCKS

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    just wanted to rant... sorry

    submitted by /u/kingkrool57
    [link] [comments]

    Strange Battery Usage

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/cWv3gPZ

    I am kinda puzzled here. The graph you are seeing shows a full charge as of 9:36PM and then complete discharge of the phone overnight. The last thing I did with the device was use it to Chromecast Netflix then fell asleep. There are no apps running in the background that would cause this kind of battery consumption. Given that the discharge rate is constant I am wondering if there is a problem with the battery itself at this point. I did just start using one of those cheap wireless charging pads and am thinking that very well may have something to do with it. Any insight would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Drunk3nLlama
    [link] [comments]

    What iphone do you use right now?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I use a silver 128GB 6S... bought it when the 7 came out

    submitted by /u/i-like-to-be-wooshed
    [link] [comments]

    Got an ultra thin case for my XS, I think it looks great!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    What fast charger for Iphone XS

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    I have just bought this phone along with Apple Care +, so I don't want to spend more money.

    I notice my Iphone stays at charge for a long time period, although it takes quite some time to charge up.

    So, I was thinking of purchasing a higher wattage Power Block. But I see that the 18W option will cost me over £50.

    Is the 12W worth it or is there a cheaper alternative to the 18W offered by Apple?

    submitted by /u/Smithyweather
    [link] [comments]

    Dark mode when you type your WiFi password

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Should I remove the case during hot weather while using my iPhone 7 to avoid it from getting heated up?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    I have noticed that the phone becomes very hot within just 5 minutes of gaming. The brightness becomes low and games start to lag. The phone becomes too hot when I watch Netflix and YouTube also.

    submitted by /u/studdsaaron
    [link] [comments]

    So i’ve just cracked the back of my regular X. It isn’t a problem for me because the phone still functions but i’m thinking when i sell it in a years time, It won’t go for much at all with a cracked back and i’m not paying 500 quid for apple to fix it. Anyone know what my best option is here?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel