• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 12, 2019

    iPhone Cannot set encrypted backup password for iPhone backup

    iPhone Cannot set encrypted backup password for iPhone backup


    Cannot set encrypted backup password for iPhone backup

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone SE (10.1.1) that I'm trying to backup to iTunes on my computer. I've never made a backup of this phone before, and it worked fine until I got to the part where I needed to set up a password for the encrypted backup, where I get the error "The password you entered to protect your iPhone backup could not be set. Please try again".

    I looked up this error and the only solution seems to be to use a USB cord to do the backup (which I've been doing from the beginning), and, if the error is still occurring, to quit iTunes and reconnect the USB cord to the phone and computer. I've done that several times with no success- since some of what I read said that this issue occurs due to iTunes trying to use wifi, I even disconnected both my phone and computer from wifi (which has worked in the past for similar, non-iPhone related wifi issues), with no luck.

    Does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be the problem and how to solve it? I'll resort to making a non-encrypted backup if need be, but might as well exhaust my options first.

    submitted by /u/Cairnax
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't call you

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    Random people keep calling me, but I don't pick up because I don't know these people. And I keep getting voicemails from people saying "hey you called me." I didn't. Can anyone help me figure out what's happening?

    submitted by /u/SpicyChichyTenders
    [link] [comments]

    individuals pictures missing from group chats

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    The individual pictures in group chat are missing . The ones that you choose for people when they call They show up in single text iPhone 6s iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/Calisvolcomboy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 12.1. Yesterday my voice controls and volume stopped working and I'm stumped.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    I think plugging it into a car via a headphones cable may have something to do with it but I'm not sure. Basically, when I play video or audio on the phone it's silent unless I wear headphones. Also, I can't dictate anymore and Siri doesn't respond to 'Hey Siri' either. When I press the speech button on the keyboard it tries to allow dictation for a second then just stops. I've looked through settings and it all seems to be normal.

    Has anyone got a clue? Please help!!

    Edit: Volume works on speakerphone. Wtf?

    submitted by /u/timdaw
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE power button switches on but not off, boot cycle

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 11:43 AM PDT

    Hi Guys, any help would be appreciated.

    I've had an SE for 2 years, not a single problem in all that time. iOS 12.3.1

    Used it all day today, no issues, suddenly while in a text conversation, the power button stopped working. It's shown no signs of problems, so I'm not convinced it is actually broken. I have removed the case, no improvement.

    Shut phone down from the menu, was able to use power button to power on no problem, then it then got stuck in a boot cycle. After plugging in to PC, it eventually came back on with 3 very short buzzez. Power button still not working, after a couple of minutes it rebooted itself, same boot cycle issue.

    Now seems to be relatively stable, it's booted and unlocked, power button still not working, if I switch off it will go back into boot cycle.

    I have not done anything unusual to this phone, no attempts at hacking, only apps from the app store, nothing installed recently.

    Any ides?

    I'm going to see if I can restore the phone from iTunes, but I'd like to see if anyone knows what the issue is first.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    submitted by /u/Woodymellor20
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to turn off the auto connect to wifi permanently? Every day it auto connects to wifi even though I turned it off the day before

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:50 AM PDT

    forgot password and trouble resetting iPhone SE

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    i haven't synced up with any of my computers and have tried pressing the home button + the power button at the same time, it just freezes with a black screen till i hold down the power button.

    what am i doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/living-burden
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I login to the free wifi at the MUHC?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    The MUHC hospitals in Montreal offer free wifi but I can never login on my iPhone 7. It appears to login without the username or password and I can't find a way to enter them. I've tried "forgetting this network" but to no avail.

    submitted by /u/cbcfan
    [link] [comments]

    can someone help me update my iphone 5s ios 9.3.2 to ios 12

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    whenever i use itunes it always shows error and I cannot update wirelessly

    submitted by /u/redjohnjohn
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden black screen.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    My iphone 7 plus screen sometimes goes black when I try to unlock the screen. The phone and also the screen is actually turned on but just black figure , as it can be noticed and also the lock sound is there. I doubt it to be a hardware problem since it resolves after a short time and if I do a forced restart the apple logo shows. Will a reset fix it ?

    submitted by /u/kristikoroveshi94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel