• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 12, 2019

    Apple Macbook Just received my upgrade, 2017 15” MBP Space Grey

    Apple Macbook Just received my upgrade, 2017 15” MBP Space Grey


    Just received my upgrade, 2017 15” MBP Space Grey

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    Macbook 2014: Can't click and type the password

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm new to this subreddit and was wondering if you guys can give me a solution to my dilemma. So when I opened my 2014 MacBook, it had a cancel sign in the display and my first thought was to command R and set it to the macOS utility section. From there, I went to reinstall macOS and clicked on my disk. Here is the problem, when it asked for the password, I can't click it or type anything at all. Like nothing registered, my cursor and keyboard work fine and I can't think of anything else. If you guys have any insight on this, I would appreciate it.

    Thank you for your time

    submitted by /u/sauceylan
    [link] [comments]

    I've looked everywhere and I guess will know soon enough, but will my MBP 13" Early 2015 Retina support this 1080p monitor at 144hz using a MDP->DP cable? Answers seem all over the place, hoping somebody can confirm.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    EDIT EDIT - can confirm that using a MDP->DP cable straight in to the monitor provides all the refresh options including 144hz, and everything they say about the difference in smoothness is true. At the very least I can confirm that the monitor and cable listed below get the job done!

    I'm sure this gets asked in some form or another quite often, and the documentation out there that I can find is a confusing mess.

    I care about refresh rate, not resolution, as I'm trying to see if I can, using Geforce Now for the time being (it's sick on a 1gig connection), play in 144hz/144fps on the laptop in the title.

    Things that seem pretty definitive:

    • Via HDMI of any kind, no
    • Possibly in MacOS vs. Windows, no (I have Windows dual-boot, this is fine)
    • In 4k, probably not (but I don't want 4k)

    I'm going to be using the cable and monitor in the link, but I'm wondering if anybody else can confirm specifically that they're running in 144hz on either an Iris6100 through MDP to DP specifically, or any MBP Retina variant with the same cable.

    The problem is that I can't tell whether the refresh rate max is tied in to the OS, the Iris GPU, or both, and whether all documentation say 60hz because that's what MacOS is going to suggest vs. that's its max capability.

    People seem to be saying that it works here an there, but I just cannot find anything as simple as "the Iris 6100 will support a refresh rate of up to X using DisplayPort, or X in MacOS and up to Y in Windows"

    Sorry for the skittish post, it's just really strange to me that this question is as hard to answer as it appears to be. Monitor and Cable potentially in question:

    Thanks any input here, I hope the question is clear. Windows 10 is installed, and I have a feeling that it might be supported in there but not on MacOS, not sure why I think this.

    EDIT - it APPEARS that basically any MacBook Pro Retina will support 144hz in 1080p and I think 1440p, but NOT 4k, which is fine, 4k gaming shouldn't be a thing right now anyway IMHO.

    submitted by /u/AVBforPrez
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MBP or 2017 MBP?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    I am currently using my macbook air ( early 2014 version) which is now about 5 years old, and have gotten pretty slow. I usually have 2-3 virtual desktops open with multiple files on each desktop. It has gotten to a point where opening PDF files takes a very long time, and pretty much any application becomes laggy. Sometimes applications such as Microsoft office, VLC player, and Chrome just "freeze". So I am thinking about purchasing a macbook pro, and currently have two option, 2015 MBP (refurbished) and 2017 MBP (open box).

    Both are base models, and I am buying from Best Buy, so they are both certified. I want to know which one is worth it? should I just go for the newer 2017 model, or is there isn't much difference between the two? Obviously the 2015 MBP will be cheaper, but it is also refurbished. Did anyone here have bought refurbished macbooks?

    What do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/futrdoc
    [link] [comments]

    Do you recommend updating my macOS?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    ive a mac pro (13 inch mid 2010), still running high sierra, but unfortunately its too slow sometimes, do you think an upgrade could help? cuz ive been trying to do the opposite(downgrade) but i cant finish the process.

    submitted by /u/jcanacam
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 13" mid 2012 500gb current equivalent?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    hey! so my MacBook pro is old and needs replacement. going through my insurance. they want me to come back to them with a rough quote or equivalent for my current machine.

    the specs are 2.5 ghz intel core i5

    4gb memory

    intel hd graphics 40000

    500gb storage

    dvd drive

    what would be the latest equivalent as a replacement?

    submitted by /u/miggins1610
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know How to get rid of these white scratches?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    Help MacBook Air Flashing Question Mark

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    I tried to factory reset my MacBook Air and now when I turn it on and hold command r it just shows a flashing question mark on black screen?

    submitted by /u/Angry-Pheasant
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy logic board?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    Hey, my gf's logic board needs to be replaced in her early 2015 Macbook Air (A1466). It has been diagnosed as such by a professional shop but the cost is $768 (CAD) after tax. They have the part listed as $590, is there anywhere you can buy a cheaper logic board online? I'm more than capable of performing the repair myself.

    submitted by /u/eastcoasteh
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Problems

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if anyone knows how to fix this problem, but I'm trying to connect to university wifi and connecting to it works, but the wifi only functions when I log in with my university ID and to do that the autheentiication page when connecting to the wifi must pop up, but it isn't popping up.

    Does anyone know how to make the webpage pop up so I can log into the wifi? because everytime I connect nothing pops up.

    submitted by /u/Puhtaetoe
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on upgrading from a MBP 13’ 2015 to a MacBook Air or Newer MacBook Pro 13’

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    I'm currently using a MBP 13' (2015) (2.9GHz with 512GB) and was debating if I should upgrade to the newer MBP or MacBook Air. I currently use my MacBook on my dual monitor so I know I will have to buy adapters. I'm a college student ATM and use it for writing papers, research, listen to music, and nothing that requires a powerhouse computer.

    I currently use my 12.9 iPad for pretty much everything.

    I'm perfectly happy with my current MacBook, but wondering if its time to upgrade or just keep it till something else comes out.

    What are your thoughts? Pros/Cons..

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/devinwinz69
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for switching from a Chromebook to a Macbook?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    I have a Windows PC for gaming, but I also like to have a "thin and light" laptop to bring with me just for browsing, writing, etc.

    I've had a Chromebook for the last 2 years (used to use it for note-taking in college), but haven't been using it lately because the features are limited to just Google apps.

    I'm switching from an Android to an iPhone soon, and I like the idea of having a laptop that sync with my phone. So I was thinking about selling my Chromebook (could get around $150 for it) and getting a Macbook.

    Looking for suggestions about what to get exactly. Since it wouldn't be my main computer, I don't need anything fancy. I was thinking of getting a used Macbook. I've seen some older ones online for around $200. Is this a good idea?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/-Nami-
    [link] [comments]

    battery performance golden chaos

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:59 AM PDT

    how good is the battery performance of the golden chaos Touch Bar?

    submitted by /u/theRealCena
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook popping noise

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    I have a 2016 MacBook Pro 13" and I've noticed the baseplate seems to always make a sort of popping/crackle noise if I push on the trackpad or on the baseplate itself. I took it to Apple for a keyboard replacement about a month ago. It was doing this before that, but it seems to have gotten worse. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Do I need to tighten the screws?

    submitted by /u/MrSharkington
    [link] [comments]

    How much better is a MacBook Air compared to my old MBP?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:13 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel