• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 15, 2019

    Apple Watch Whenever I scan my boarding pass from my watch, I can’t help but feel like looking like an ass

    Apple Watch Whenever I scan my boarding pass from my watch, I can’t help but feel like looking like an ass


    Whenever I scan my boarding pass from my watch, I can’t help but feel like looking like an ass

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    AW4 gold aluminum cornflower

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Why isn’t Apple Pay used more often by people??

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    I tried posting this on r/Apple and it got deleted, I figured my friends here may be able to provide insight....

    This thought occurred to me while bored at work. I work in a retail industry (gas) and we have the ability for people to pay with their NFC inside at the register. Now granted this isn't exactly broadcasted on the terminal or in the store at all for that matter but it does work and it does exist. Even taking my particular industry out of the equation, why don't more people use Apple Pay? Is it just my area?

    I see obviously a lot of people with iPhones most of these support NFC I also see a good majority of people with apply watches and yet they always go for their card never the phone or watch. Are they unaware of the security aspects? It is a generational thing? (I'm 24) do they just not care? The whole thing perplexed me.

    I recently got an S3 Apple Watch and whenever possible I want to use it for Apple Pay. What are your thoughts on the issue?

    submitted by /u/Prius_For_Life
    [link] [comments]

    My Hyper Grape watch band next to me favorite nostalgic 90’s cup

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    watchOS 6 now calculates calories during “Other” Workout better.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 03:12 AM PDT

    Ps: Could someone with watchOS 5 check their workouts using my method so I can delete this post if it turns out to be bullshit? Thanks

    I've done a few workouts with watchOS 6 and it seems like the Other workout now calculates calories based on heart rate, instead of just giving 2 points per minute always. I calculated my calories burned per minute (active calories divided by minutes) and I get slightly different numbers every time.

    Iirc, once I got 8/minute and on my most recent, I got 11/minute. I'm really happy for this as now I can actually fill my rings faster when I put in more effort.

    Edit: I checked my workouts recorded on watchOS 5 and they are all 8 calories/minute regardless of heart rate.

    submitted by /u/xbuttcheeks420
    [link] [comments]

    Would the Apple Watch, series 4 (gps + cellular) work in my country? (Specifically the cellular part)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 07:24 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if Apple Watch 4's cellular network would work where I live, despite not being listed on Apple's webpage. The thing is, it is definitely supported in Scandinavia (countries like Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland). All of them have the same Telecom provider, called Telia.

    From what I've heard, some carriers just don't support the new Apple Watch, but Telia is supported in those countries, and we also have the very same Telia here.

    In a nutshell, what would happen if I were to buy the Apple Watch series 4? Would the cellular network work regardless or would it just straight up not work? If not, would it start working, when travelling to Finland on a ferry however, when it automatically connects to the Telia carrier there? And if not then, either, what's actually stopping Apple from supporting it in my country?

    submitted by /u/Rikolan
    [link] [comments]

    AW4 dragon fruit

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    1.5 month old Apple Watch Series 4 won’t switch on

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    Heya guys,

    I got an Apple Watch Series 4 GPS just 1.5 months ago, and took it for a dip today. I didn't even really swim, and the pool was only 1.5m deep.

    Halfway, i took it out and set the water lock on and put it back on. But after a while I felt a vibration and the watch just shut down. I tried charging it for a few minutes but nothing works.

    Anyone knows how I can fix this? I think it's ridiculous if I have to pay for "water damage", since there's even a Swimming workout on the watch, which I didn't even do. It only went into the water for a few minutes.

    Any help would be much appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/nickorc
    [link] [comments]

    AW4 with canary yellow

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:21 PM PDT

    Buying new Apple Watch

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    My 2nd fitbit just broke and I'm switching to Apple Watch. I saw Best Buy and amazon are running promos on the Apple Watch series 3, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a 40mm gps only series for for $200-300? I like the series 3, but that display on the 4 looks really good.

    submitted by /u/Jamesknisely_12
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the pride band! It’s so bright!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    Privacy and apps for Workoutdoors GPX creation?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    I just added Workoutdoors to my watch and am very impressed with it so far. I also like its privacy policy.

    It seems I need to use another iOS or MacOS app to create map GPX files to input kayak and running routes into Workoutdoors. While I know there is usually a trade off between privacy and function, any suggestions for mapping or route apps to create GPX files that are more privacy friendly?

    submitted by /u/mainedpc
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought a SS S4 a couple days ago, refurbished from Apple

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 06:21 AM PDT

    I hadn't even considered a S5 coming out later this year. I got this refurbished one (seriously seem brand new!) for about $100 cheaper than MSRP.

    I'm not one to care about having the newest tech, but with the S5 probably coming out in a few months, was buying a S4 silly? Are there rumors of the S5 being a way bigger upgrade from the S4?

    submitted by /u/MajorasMasc4Masc
    [link] [comments]

    Creating my own watch face

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    I have a Series 3 and want an Animal Crossing Watch face. I can't, for the life of me, find one for Apple Watch, so I'm trying to figure out how to make me own. I found a background and used the Facer app to use the image in the watch, but I can't figure out how to change the colour of the time, as the background is white and so is the time. also there's a weird shadow beneath the time.

    Is there another way?

    submitted by /u/shorttowngirl
    [link] [comments]

    Temperature spectrum on Infograph complications (Right to left, Carrot, Dark Sky, and the builtin Weather)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    Is the apple series 1 worth it in 2019?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 03:36 AM PDT

    Hello, I have recently been wanting an Apple Watch and the series 1 seems to be a lot cheaper than the series 3 (obviously), also I've seen one advertised for around $145 so is that a good price or is there better prices out there?

    submitted by /u/Daniel_Vargos
    [link] [comments]

    Applecare and scratches

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 03:04 AM PDT

    I've got a fairly significant scratch on my S4 however the fine print on Applecare says it won't be repairable unless it interferes with the operation of the watch - which it doesn't. I'm within the 60 days so I can still purchase AppleCare if I believe I could claim - I'm not sure though. Anyone got any experience with this kind of thing?

    submitted by /u/bigzimm1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone on here upgraded from a Fitbit Blaze?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    Just wondering if anyone on here has upgraded from a Fitbit Blaze. I know about the new features and all that but I'm just wondering about the size difference, whether I should go with the 44mm or 40mm. The Blaze fits perfectly on my wrist and after sizing up the two options. It seems like it's in the middle of the 40 and 44mm. If anyone has a photos for size comparison that would be great! Thanks

    submitted by /u/morgan_diment
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if Apple link band is legit?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    So I'm interested in the Apple link bracelet and am trying to find one used and Ebay seems difficult to sift through all the stuff on there. I found these and was curious if anyone had any input on if it seems legit or not. What are reasonable prices for used Apple link bands? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-OEM-Apple-Watch-Series-4-S4-link-bracelet-band-Stainless-steel-Genuine/173531590401?var=472219103359&epid=2254317291&hash=item286749ef01:m:mO3bgaz2T5OydNh3whRL_3w#viTabs_0

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Badassmotherfuckerer
    [link] [comments]

    Is the S3 outdated now?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 06:39 AM PDT

    I have an S3 that I adore its speedy tells me the time and I can make quick calls on it but it looks like the updates are super limited for the S3. I don't want to have to get a new watch and phone every year just for my products to function

    submitted by /u/ladyambrosia999
    [link] [comments]

    I’m seeing a lot of comments about “time travel is coming back to watchos 6!”

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    Spoiler alert. It's not. At least not the way you want it to. It's only on the two solar faces and only shows you where the sun is at that given time of day you scrolled too. Literally that's it. Sucks I know but some people are getting hyped for no reason. Sorry folks.

    submitted by /u/TongueBandit69
    [link] [comments]

    3 Apps we need to see on the Apple Watch already

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    1. Whatsapp- It a bit ridiculous in 2019 we still don't have a official Whatsapp watch application. Facebook naturally supports a Messenger Apple Watch app but isn't showing any love for Whatsapp. We really need this one already.
    2. Soundcloud- A gem in the music world, and number 2# on the Appstore (for music), Soundcloud still hasn't released a Apple Watch app at this time. All the others, Apple, Spotify, and even Pandora have released native Watch apps. Now is a great time for Soundcloud to jump on board since Apple just announced the Streaming API which lets the apps stream directly to the watch (which was only supported by Apple Music till this time).
    3. Uber- I know, I know, this one is already out there, but is in need of a update. The app only lets you order a car, you have to tell the driver exactly where you want to go. Not that I have any problem with telling the driver, just it takes away from the whole seamless experience of using the watch.

    Let me know your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/DonniYH
    [link] [comments]

    From Fitbit Versa to SS4

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 11:10 PM PDT

    So once my Fitbit charge HR2 died on me, I got the versa purely because of budget. I couldn't justify the double retail price of the Apple watch. But now I'm tired of the lack of integration with my iPhone & a job that requires me to move around a lot without my phone. I was considering the SS4 because it just looks nicer, to me. Issue is sizing. I like the versa screen size now. Seems like the 40mm is more comparable. Anyone here went from a Versa to a AW 4, and how do they compare size wise? Do you prefer the 40 or 44?

    submitted by /u/zjvvv8
    [link] [comments]

    Questions questions

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    I have a Apple Watch 2 and I was wondering if anybody knew a good app for watch faces because I tried Facer and yikes my Apple Watch side buttons just stopped working so yeh if anybody got some suggestions im all open? Thnx

    submitted by /u/virgenautist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel