• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    Apple TV The new TV app completely did away with the discovery aspect of movies and shows from services you subscribe to. Nearly everything on the trending and discovery lists is from the iTunes store. Has anybody found a way to get around this?

    Apple TV The new TV app completely did away with the discovery aspect of movies and shows from services you subscribe to. Nearly everything on the trending and discovery lists is from the iTunes store. Has anybody found a way to get around this?


    The new TV app completely did away with the discovery aspect of movies and shows from services you subscribe to. Nearly everything on the trending and discovery lists is from the iTunes store. Has anybody found a way to get around this?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:46 PM PDT

    Has this bothered anybody else? How could they just remove that much functionality? I get wanting to include the paid/rental options, but at least give us some "From Your Subscription" options to browse. Even the Genre options only show a very limited amount of content, it used to be almost endless.

    submitted by /u/JedJeb
    [link] [comments]

    The Fox Sports App is streaming the Women’s World Cup games in 4K

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Apple TV 4K - Maximum bitrate for HEVC ?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Hi,

    is there an official maximum HEVC bitrate support for the ATV4k ?

    I'm using Plex, Direct play (no transcode) and when I remux my blu-ray disks (so it's the same track, no conversion) and it's a very high bitrate (40-60 mbps), it's seems the movie doesn't play very well. It's like 20 fps (just a little bit but enough to notice). Sometimes the audio get a little out of sync.

    I was wondering if there is a little the ATV4K can play.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Dentifrice
    [link] [comments]

    Android App Availibility?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    With the expanded services and footprint, AppleTV now coming to third party platforms such as Roku, FireTV and on other smart TVs,

    Could the AppleTV app with all its new features come to Android eventually?

    Since it will have its own streaming service, wont Apple want it to be more accessible on other devices including Android phones and tablets, where a lot of streaming happens, and not just TVs.

    They opened up Apple Music to Android shortly after they began offering that streaming service, so I its definitely a possibility.

    As someone who switches between iOS and Android devices all the time, I would personally find this beneficial as most of my digital movie purchases and redemptions I prefer to do through iTunes being that they give me the most features (iTunes Extras and additional languages) that I don't get through other retailers. Not to mention some Movies not available on MoviesAnywhere and iTunes movie files not directly playable on android, means having to find workarounds to watch itunes movies on Android currently.

    It would be a nice complement to Apple Music, and put their TV streaming service in more hands, should it come to the Android platform as well as all its other third party partners later this year.

    submitted by /u/enl1ghtened-0ne
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV CNNgo app is very glitchy!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    TV Provider Single Sign-on Struggle

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is because of a recent update, but my single sign on isn't working for my apps. I went into the ATV settings to sign out then sign back in. I successfully signed out (I think) but when I tried to sign in it went straight to the error message "Your TV provider is not supported." without even letting me search for it. I know my provider is supported, since it works on both of my iOS devices and when I manually log in within each ATV app. I even tried restarting the ATV a few times, with the error message when I try to search and sign in to my provider. I'm on tvOS12.3 on a 4th gen. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/nd4spdgt
    [link] [comments]

    Atmos audio glitchy on latest TV app

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    Apple TV 4K "TV app". 12.3 Sub pops in and out on movies with atmos audio. So do rear speakers. They play fine when I watch movies through iTunes Movies app.

    submitted by /u/dinis007
    [link] [comments]

    Connect multiple controllers with steam link?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    Since steam link is on Apple Tv now and their upcoming support for console controllers I was wondering if it is possible to use multiple game controllers at once.

    Mostly wondering because streaming and playing party games with friends would be a HUGE plus for what I want out of a new Apple Tv

    submitted by /u/Canadian_Caribou
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Account Not Properly Working

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    Not sure why but when I link my account to the YouTube app on my Apple TV 4K it's only picking up like 3 of my subscriptions and I have about 100. It's not connecting properly. So my watched videos from my phone are not showing on the tv. Not sure but things are connected properly. I've done everything. Login and out. Delete the app and reinstall.

    submitted by /u/thafranchize
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to change subtitles and language in Netflix with the remote app?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    I lost my control on my apple tv 3rd generation, and since the latest update on Netflix that they stop giving support on airplay I can't change the subtitles or the language on the Netflix app on my Apple TV. Does anyone know how to change that? On my remote I knew it was in the button on the center to access to the subs and languages.

    submitted by /u/fredericklozano
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have problems with ATVs "your photo library" screensaver repeating the same pictures?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Now I get that each time inactivity turns on the photo screensaver it chooses something like 20 or 30 pictures out of the selected album for that screensaver intiatition and repeats those same pictures.

    But I have it choosing from an album of over 4,000 different pictures and notice that even when it's a different screensaver rotation- it still repeats a lot of the same photos constantly. There will be a few new ones, but the same ones just constantly pop up.

    It seems to happen way too often to just be coincidence.

    On another note, does anyone know of a way to get the screen saver to randomly show a different picture out of the 4,000 and not just repeat a random selected 30?

    submitted by /u/SpecialCardiologist2
    [link] [comments]

    Any other 4K user using a Vizio M55-C2 4K TV?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    I have a Vizio M55-C2 4K HDR capable TV @ 60Hz (so Vizio says). I am using the HDMI 5 port for 4K at 60Hz, all is good. But Vizio says my TV is capable of HDR - is it possibly my cable?

    submitted by /u/dcdevito
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix doesn't give a shit about its Apple TV app.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    Seriousy, this app is garbage.

    It used to suffer from constant random logouts. After having added Hulu and HBONow to my streaming services (and never once having an issue with either of them), I stopped watching Netflix for a while.

    It's had a few updates, and now I'm back to watching a show that isn't available on Hulu. The app has gotten much worse. Now when it automatically starts the next episode the audio cuts out for the first 6 to 7 seconds and videos will just randomly freeze with a spinner. And the old "An error occurred while trying to play this item" still pops up now and again.

    Hulu and HBO continue to work flawlessly.

    Netflix is trash.

    submitted by /u/CheckWreckSelf
    [link] [comments]

    After the latest update, pressing the home button on ATV remote always opening the TV app instead of going back to the home screen. It’s very annoying. ��

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel