• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 9, 2019

    Apple Macbook New MacBook Air?

    Apple Macbook New MacBook Air?


    New MacBook Air?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    I've been using my MacBook Air for the past 5 years and I'm looking to upgrade now. Debating if I should buy the 2018 version (idk if the keyboard will be fine), or wait to see if they will release a new one in October? My current MacBook Air is early 2014, is at over 1500 cycle counts, so the battery is at "Replace Soon", it's still working fine.

    I am a computer science major, if that helps, I don't do much photo or video editing, nor do I play video games. So I only use big applications relating to coding projects or use multiple apps/windows running at once. So I don't think I would need a MacBook Pro, but correct me if I am wrong. I could also upgrade the Air to 16 GB Ram, and still be cheaper than the Pro. Another consideration is that my MacBook Air is 1.4GHz, and the 2018 one is 1.6 GHz dual-core, which isn't all that more. I would consider the Pro, as it has quad-core, but it would have 8 GB Ram, so idk if the trade off of RAM for the processor is worth it, and it is more expensive, but has a better display/graphics, touch bard (which I don't care for), and more ports.

    All Advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You :)

    submitted by /u/lilbitofthis
    [link] [comments]

    Anything else I can do to improve the performance of my MBP?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    Anything else I can do to improve the performance of my MBP?

    I seriously love my MBP, it's been with me all through college and it's seriously one of the best Apple products that I own. Along the way, I've learned a lot about my pal and we've even gotten pretty close. Through the years I've changed the fan (twice), upgraded RAM memory to 16GB, replaced battery and converted hard drive to SDD (1TB).

    I mostly use my mac for exploring my creative side, usually use it for Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, and some light production in Logic Pro X. However I'm noticing that it's running pretty slow and I really didn't notice until I compared it to my work computer (Windows). I'm hoping there is something I can tweak to the hardware to improve the performance of my Mac or is it recommended that I upgrade to a more recent model?

    Current Mac Book Pro \"About\"

    submitted by /u/byanymeans123
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth upgrading a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    As the title states do you guys think it is worth upgrading a mid 2010 macbook pro?

    I am considering upgrading the hdd to a 500gb ssd, 4gb of ram to 16gb, and a new replacement battery.

    Here is a link to the model

    https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-aluminum-13-mid-2010-unibody-specs.html

    submitted by /u/70317
    [link] [comments]

    MB Pro 2012 non-retina Ram upgrade

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Ive had this MB pro since late 2013 and its had the same 16gb of ram since I came to possess it. Can the ram run down overtime? it doesn't clock high but the computer seems quite sluggish. Would it be reasonable to replace that older ram with something manufactured recently even if it is the same ram amount and all? Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Mr_Psoul
    [link] [comments]

    MBA as fast as new even after 3-4 years?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    I am going to start my first year as a CS major and needed a new laptop for the same. I had seen people in various subreddits saying that their MBA was as fast as new after 4 years although some said that it becomes slow after 3 years.

    I needed a laptop to last me atleast 4 years and most importantly it should be reasonably fast throughout. I haven't found any Windows OS laptop that does this.

    I don't game and need it for basic surfing and programming.

    submitted by /u/RetroWrench
    [link] [comments]

    Intermittent failing of ‘A’ key on MBA 2015?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a Macbook Air early 2015 model. In the past few months, I've noticed the A button wouldn't work randomly but after blowing compressed air it would start to work again. However, recently, it barely wants to work at all. It'll work for a few minutes and then go back to not working. Super frustrating when trying to write a paper.

    It's only the A key that does this. I pulled up the keyboard viewer, and when the key doesn't work, there's no response on the keyboard viewer when hitting the key. Not sure what to do at this point. This was a previously used Macbook as well so I'm not sure if the owner did something to the keyboard. Any suggestions on what I should do would be helpful. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Inevitable_Zucchini
    [link] [comments]

    Overheating and performance drop while using Firefox on Mac

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've recently noticed that my MacBook Pro always gets so hot while using Firefox, especially when watching Netflix, Youtube, surf for Facebook and Twitter. Also it takes a punch of ram when open multiple tabs, more than Safari(same pages open), Do you guys noticed this, or if my machine is having problems

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Pr0Mast3r
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air UBS transfer stopping

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:05 AM PDT

    I have a 2013 MacBook Air which is working perfectly. Recently I bought a new Phillips TV and they gave me a free Phillips 32 GB USB 2.0 stick. When I try to transfer a file to the usb drive it is painful. Usually the transfer stops by itself, before the process is completed, it just freezes. Sometimes at 500 MB, sometimes at 800 and etc. I have to try for hours to complete a transfer. I tried with another usb drive and I had the same problem. I changed the usb ports - also the same result. Tried the disk utility tool and it didn't show any problems.

    submitted by /u/DeltaDDK
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2012 update issues

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I recently received a macbook air from 2012 as a wedding gift, because they knew I needed one.

    This is actually my first apple product, so I've been trying to familiarize myself with it.

    Before I got it, it was wiped (I assume a factory reset) and it's now on MacOS x 10.8.4. This is making it pretty difficult for me to download/install the software I need (read : impossible).

    I made an apple ID account and am desperately trying to install MacOS Mojave so I can install more recent versions of safari etc. However, when I try to download the mojave installer via the app store, it starts whinging about my payment information and refuses to download the installer, despite my model being supported according the the apple site.

    I ended up filling in valid payment information to see if it would fix the issue, but sadly it is still giving me the same error. Updating via the store seems like a no-go. I've also downloaded a few mojave .dmg files and attempted to install them, but sadly they just give me errors claiming corrupt files and not running it.

    Did I just get a useless gift, or is there a way for me to update to a newer OS so I can at least visit websites without safari refusing to connect, or install firefox (which I currently cannot do on this machine)?

    All help is welcome. Thank you.

    Edit : The store is convinced there are no available updates for my machine, I've scanned for updates several times.

    submitted by /u/Pellucidity_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel