• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 12, 2019

    Apple Help How to be nice to Siri?

    Apple Help How to be nice to Siri?


    How to be nice to Siri?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Are there commands to tell Siri to leave nicely, as I feel mean saying "go away"?

    Yes I genuinely feel bad about being rude to siri...

    submitted by /u/rmstitanic16
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage texts all deleted except last message sent

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Why am I getting this error while on LTE, and with Cellular Data enabled?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    Just recently saw this sub. Please help, I'm still having the same problem. More added info in the comments of the original post. Thank you!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    Best aftermarket macbook charger, or a good looking fix for a frayed cable?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:42 PM PDT

    Unfortunately, due to the nature of my employment, having a simple electrical tape fix on my cable isn't going to cut it. The fray is right near the magsafe port - there's enough space between it and the fray to attach something, but not so much that say, if it was on the desk at a meeting, you wouldn't notice. I don't really want to pay ~100CAD for a charger for a laptop that is five years old either though.

    So, I'm looking for the best aftermarket option, or a decent looking fix option.

    submitted by /u/Safe_Run
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot factory reset macbook pro really urgent pls help

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    I have a macbook pro 2011 that is currently on Sierra. I'm trying to factory reset by holding command + r or even command + opt + r and it just goes straight into the log in screen. I have installed a Samsung EVO 850 SSD so I feel like that's where the problem is. Maybe I did it wrong.

    Tried googling it and one of the things to do is to go into terminal and check if you have something by typing diskutil list

    I did that and this is what I get:

    /dev/disk0 (internal, physical): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: GUID_partition_scheme *250.1 GB disk0 1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1 2: Apple_HFS iOS SSD 249.2 GB disk0s2 3: Apple_Boot 650.0 MB disk0s3

    thanks in advance for all the help!

    submitted by /u/JennaTullWarts
    [link] [comments]

    Plugged in a USB hub to my MBP and the screen flickered and was in a different aspect ratio?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    As the title says I plugged in a Moskee USB hub and my screen flickered and was suddenly in a different aspect ratio. I unplugged it and it went back to normal but wtf us going on? Should I send back the hub? Did it mess something up? Can I use it if it's fine and if so how can I get it to not change the screen?

    This is on a 2018 MBP with Mojave.

    submitted by /u/ndjcjsbsbdhcjbfjk
    [link] [comments]

    Launchpad not updating with applications from my applications folder

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    Hi,

    For some reason, Launchpad is not showing all of the applications that are in my applications folder. It is only showing the system ones as well as ones I installed from the app store. Is there a way to have it show all applications like it once used to? I tried these steps but they did not work for me.

    submitted by /u/sean101v
    [link] [comments]

    Imessage/Facetime Broken On My Mac.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    I've been trying to get my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) running on macOS Mojave. Every time I try to log into imessage i get an "An Error Occured During Activation) Got this macbook used so i honestly dont know what could have happened.

    submitted by /u/HazeyNightzz
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to save all the messages for a single account in Mail but exported file is incomplete and downloads as "INBOX.partial.mbox"

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    Hoping someone can help. Once again trying to save all the messages from a Gmail account. Right click on the folder and "Export Mailbox" Am I doing something wrong? Copious thanks!

    Mail version 12.4

    Mojave 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/LotusEagle
    [link] [comments]

    How do I upgrade to high sierra/mojave on a macbook running mountain lion (OS X 10.8.5)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    ok long story short: Just bought a mid 2012 macbook off of ebay and the seller has the macbook running mountain lion. But as soon as I tried updating to the latest version of mac os, it won't let me, All I get is this error message: "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices." And I tried typing my password first then the code but after pressing the sign in button, it asks if I forgot my password. I don't know what to do and I feel like there isn't enough posts to help me get through this

    submitted by /u/deivance
    [link] [comments]

    Low audio quality when using Siri on my AirPods.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    I have the first gen AirPods, I bought them around October 2018. Every time I activate Siri, either by double tapping the airpod or through my phone, the quality of Siri's voice and the audio cues to show Siri is active are a lot lower quality than music through the AirPods or the Siri voice quality through my phone speakers.

    I assumed this was normal but I've read about other people with the same problem. It happens with my iPhone X or iPad Pro so I think it's a problem with the AirPods over the device they're connected too.

    I have a 2 year warranty so I should be able to replace them if needed but are there any known fixes I can try?

    submitted by /u/RedDevilLuca
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone case with headphone and lightning port?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Hello, I am looking for something like the Apple Smart Battery case, but with a headphone jack also. Any suggestions would be welcome!

    submitted by /u/NOT_A_THRWAWAY
    [link] [comments]

    please help with imovie? video overlay settings

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    I'm trying to create a simple movie with pictures. i want to put two at a time and i see that I should be using the video overlay settings. however, it does not come up on the picture when I click it, so i went to edit -> paste adjustments. i see "video overlay settings" but i cannot click it (nor can i click anything else on the paste adjustment section). can someone help me with how to make it clickable?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/Different_Sound
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad is Disabled

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit i have been put into a frustrating situation, and i lent my iPad to a friend, and when i got it back, it said disabled connect to iTunes.

    i have like 5 years of photos on here and i guess they didn't go to the cloud.

    i know my pass code, but i just need one more try, does anybody know what i could do instead of restoring? because nothing is on icloud from my iPad, and my computer doesn't seem to know any back ups either.

    TL:DR my iPad is disabled and i dont want to have to restore it, i know the pass code.

    submitted by /u/xXOPTICSXx
    [link] [comments]

    Turned off Mac Mini. Came back with Prohibitory Symbol.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    I was working just a few minutes ago, when my computer started to lag out. I decided to reboot it, because it was running quite hot and lagging on FCPX. When it came back, it came with the Prohibitory Icon. Any ideas on how to fix it without reinstalling?

    submitted by /u/ElectroclassicM
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5c lack of storage question

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    My mom has an iPhone 5c. She is totally out of storage and is having a hard time taking/saving pictures & downloading just 1 app. She has no apps other than the general ones that came with the phone (Safari, Mail, etc). Deleted most of her pictures, shut off Photo Stream, set texts to automatically delete after 1 year, and cleared old iCloud backups.

    We changed the iCloud subscription to 50gb more of storage, but it didn't help. So now she'll pay more a month for no additional space. Still can't download the app she wants.

    What is different between iCloud and the phone's general storage? How can she increase the amount of storage or make use of the new plan bought? Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/LSki92
    [link] [comments]

    Firmware Lock on my Mac

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    So I recently started for a company and one of my jobs is to wipe and restore macbooks when employees leave the company. The only problem is that some of these have firmware locks.

    They do have a folder with recovery keys, however none of these seem to work when I enter them. I do have the password for the macs so I'm wondering if I was to disable filevault would it then turn off the firmware lock? Or if I disabled filevault and then enabled it again to generate a new recovery key, would the new recovery key unlock it?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/ronniedocks
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPad Trade-In Criteria

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm considering buying a new iPad Pro 2018 model, specifically the 11 inch model. I have a 2017 model that I'm not sure is eligible for trade in for the discounted price. All the buttons work fine, the device turns on, the enclosure is fine, but I'm not sure about my screen. There is a small crack in the corner of the screen, and it's really only in the corner of the device, but you can see a pretty small bit of the innards. To be clear, the entirety of the screen functions fine, it's just that the crack is there. Would this still be considered to be in "good condition" and eligible for trade-in, or can I not trade it in?

    I'll post pictures later, once I get back home.

    submitted by /u/whitelava004
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else stuck at this w/ Catalina Beta?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2014) has malware

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    So my aunt's MacBook Air has malware from her kid browsing sports streaming sites and I'm trying to fix it for her but I'm having a hard time.

    I want to download MalwareBytes free trial but it's not available for this MacBook Air's firmware. It's currently at 10.9.5.

    I looked up how to update the software but it isn't working, nothing shows up in the App Store when I go to the updates tab.

    I looked up how to download OS 10.14.5 manually as a .dmg file but every time I try it says "corrupted image" or something and when I try again now it just says failed.

    I'd appreciate some help, I tried to be self sufficient but I'm at a loss, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/redditbnb123
    [link] [comments]

    2006 Mac Mini Cpu upgrade help?!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Apologies if this isn't the right sub for this question.

    So I finally got new RAM and a small SSD from OWC and swapped the core solo CPU out for a 2.33 C2D. All went well and I didn't break a single nylon screw. Everything powers on fine, the DVD drive spins up with a DVD in it and everything.

    However, there's just one problem, it isn't displaying anything on my DVI Cinema Display. I know the display is fine because it's my daily driver for my Mac Pro. I tried the typical stuff like resetting PRAM on boot but I feel like that isn't really what's going on here.

    Everything seems seated correctly and solidly. Can anyone think of what might be going on here that I could be missing?

    submitted by /u/ErictheRedding
    [link] [comments]

    Contact priority

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    I have a few companies that have the company line in their contacts list AND I have the company as a contact. Does anyone know how to get the company name to appear to track the history as opposed to whatever it does now?

    I just want to see ABC called me not, Tim. Because often it assigns to Tim and it's Bill in example.

    I was hoping it was some sort order I could just add something to get one to rank over the other or any form of McGyvering.

    submitted by /u/Mekkah
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a bootable USB drive and getting "the copy of the installer app failed"

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    I have a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro, and the Disk Utility says the internal HDD is failing. I have a new hard drive, and plan to swap it out, but I need some way to install Mac OS onto the new hard drive after I install it inside my MBP. I am currently running Yosemite, which is what it downloads if I boot of the recovery partition and reinstall Mac OS. I want to stay on Yosemite for the time being, just to play it safe, because I've been burned with upgrades in the past. So I found this article:

    https://www.macworld.com/article/2367748/how-to-make-a-bootable-os-x-10-10-yosemite-install-drive.html

    And I followed the directions to use a sudo command in Terminal to copy the files and create a bootable Yosemite installer drive, but I get this error:

    The copy of the installer app failed.

    Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or what I should do? Any help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/zlaxxor
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to transfer data from one iPad to another?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    My parents have two iPads - one is running some ancient iOS like iOS8, this was the original one that I bought for them to share. My mom saved tons of knitting patterns into its iBooks, along with many pictures.

    She acquired her own iPad last year and so the old one went to my dad, but now she wants all her data. Neither have been backed up to a computer and they are now associated to different apple accounts.

    Is there an easy way to get the files between the iPads?

    I was thinking of using one of my SD cards (I have an adapter) to transfer things but that seems very manual.

    submitted by /u/SCFinkster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel