• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 22, 2019

    Apple Help My Apple Watch stopped tracking my Stand time, even though it still tracks my Move and Exercise goal

    Apple Help My Apple Watch stopped tracking my Stand time, even though it still tracks my Move and Exercise goal


    My Apple Watch stopped tracking my Stand time, even though it still tracks my Move and Exercise goal

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    How to make my old macbook pro (early 2011) run like new again?!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    hey guys!!

    i've had my wonderful 13-inch macbook pro since 2011, and i adore it. genuinely the best laptop i've ever had. but over time, it's gotten a little slow and with my new job i'd like to be able to edit videos/pictures on this thing again instead of it being an internet-surfing machine... i just have no idea what to do. i really don't want to buy another one because i don't have the budget for it and i think this comp has a lotta life in him!

    info: processor: 2.3 GHz inter core i5 memory: 4gb 1333 MHz DDR3 graphics: intel hd graphics 3000 384 mb

    thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/weezercat
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    Manually Geotagging Photos Not Syncing Across Devices?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    So, I have a bunch of photos that do not have their location embedded into the EXIF data. This really bugs me because I love going to the "places" section on the photos app and looking at the map with all of the pictures we've taken across the country. I recently found out that you can manually add the location to a picture via the Photos app on MacOS by selecting the photo and pressing Cmd + I. However, after I do that and go over to the Photos app on my iPhone the picture is still not showing the location it was taken and not appearing on my map. Isn't this information suppose to sync over?

    I also just discovered an iPhone app called Metapho. This allows me to add the location of a photo directly on my iPhone. Now my phones' photo app is showing the location of the photo but the Photos app on my MacBook is not. Anyone know anything about this and why they are not syncing up? It's going to be a ton of work to manually add a location to thousands of photos and I don't want to have to do it twice.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/AlexDemoted
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to upload photos from iPhone 8 to MacBook Air because of error

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    I keep getting the message when I try to import: "Some items cannot be added to your Photo library because they may be an unrecognizable file format or the file may not contain valid data." The strange thing is some photos, older photos, went through, but 95% didn't. How to fix?

    submitted by /u/PixelMcG33
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Macbook Pro USB-C 4K bandwidth issues

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    I am interested in buying my first Apple Mac, the 2019 Macbook Pro and a external 4K monitor.

    As I understand from Apple's website, the 4 USB-C ports have support for Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s) as well as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s). I want to use the LG 27UK850-W 4K monitor which supports 4K streaming with only USB C cable and have a hub for USB 3.0 ports.

    1. Will it stream 60 Hz 4K over USB 3.1 Gen 2 or Thunderbolt?

    2. Will the single USB-C cable have the bandwidth to charge the Macbook Pro under work load, and have enough bandwidth for uplink to the USB 3.0 ports in the monitor?

    3. Would it be possible to have a external USB3.0 hard drive attached to the monitor's USB hub, and then a USB-C cable connected to the Macbook/monitor and stream 4K content from the hard drive without lag to the 4K monitor?

    4. Should I just buy a cheaper monitor and a separate USB hub? Would hard drive with USB3.0 connected to USB-C adapter to hub with USB-C to Mac be able to stream smooth 4K video?

    I am confused about lanes and stuff.

    submitted by /u/FastTruth
    [link] [comments]

    2018 Macbook Pro displays blacks as pink when connected to Samsung TV

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    I've tried to Google a solution for this issue, but I've been having no luck. When I connect my 2018 Macbook Pro to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI, the colours are a bit wonky. There are a few issues, but the biggest one is that blacks are displayed as pink. It's not an issue with the adapter or the HDMI cable as I have the computer hooked up to a projector at work and it works perfectly fine there.

    Any suggestions for a solution?

    submitted by /u/rayyychul
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve posted the link of my issue

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 07:41 PM PDT

    iOS 13 Dark Mode Wallpaper Bug

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    I was testing out some of the dark mode wallpapers on my iPhone, however I noticed that it only uses the dark mode one and never switches to the light mode wallpaper, can anyone help me out with this problem?

    submitted by /u/jc3025
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2011 MacBook Pro warped speakers

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    Could this be a software issue or would both speakers really just conk out like this?

    submitted by /u/bigced97
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Library Visibility Quick Question

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    So I'm currently traveling for work with roughly 10 other people on in the same hotel. I've been here for roughly a month and haven't seen this before. It's probably fairly normal, I'm truly just looking for validation I guess. I'm currently running iTunes Version 12.9.5.5 on macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5. I basically just noticed someone else's library in my dropdown menu for library options. My sharing preferences are all turned off and I was curious if there was a visibility option to prevent me from seeing his library. I'm assuming he can't see mine as, like I said, my sharing preferences are all turned off. I just wanted to make sure and see if there was a quick fix. Thanks for the help on here!

    https://i.redd.it/dskihigz90631.png

    submitted by /u/K_Hanson00
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook static weird pop

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 05:22 PM PDT

    Hi guys so I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, recently I have encountered that it has some sort of weird noise coming out of it like an electricity or static pop... I have a video but I can't upload it here. I live in Chile and there's no actual apple store so I have had to send it to a premium reseller and there's no fix as far as I know maybe you guys can help me out. The topcase has been replace the pop sound is still around, MacBook works ok but it's pretty annoying and actually can't voice record due to the pop interference while recording or watch movie close to my girlfriend sleeping because it wakes her up :(

    Any advice would be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/GalleguitoGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Are these existent: "Dash Buttons" or "Remote Control" to Easily Access Apps/Calls on iPad mini?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    I hope I'm asking the right question.

    My mother is recovering from surgery for brain cancer, and she cannot easily press icons/apps on the iPad. She has two main apps she likes to use: YouTube and Messenger. She is able to press on something one time (like pressing "answer" for a call), but it's difficult for her to press the home button or switch around apps by swiping because she does not have a lot of control in her fingers and hands. I want her to have the freedom of calling someone or easily switch to watching YouTube after a call.

    Are there "dash buttons" or remote controls that exist for the iPad, where my mom can press a button and it can directly go on a YouTube app?

    submitted by /u/MissLadyPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Return/Exchange question.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    I bought the i9 MacBook Pro and was hoping 16gb would be enough... I was wrong, After Parallels and Bluestacks (Two virtual machines), my ram usage is at 14/16 used.......

    So since it's soldered I have to return this one and then buy the 32gig... Am I charged the difference, or do they have to refund, I wait a few days, and then buy the 32gig?

    submitted by /u/JacobWonder
    [link] [comments]

    What is this on my Server list?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    I was looking at my recent items under the apple logo and saw this under "server"...I don't know how this got here (Windows Vista c and d, the public folder)... I don't know the person... and why is this on my server list? Most importantly, have I been hacked? :( What does this mean? Thank you

    https://i.redd.it/8yefggfftz531.jpg

    submitted by /u/fruitinabowlwithflow
    [link] [comments]

    Everytime I try to purchase a subscription to Apple Music I get offered one month free with student plan after conclusion. But always get this screen with no instructions on how to prove I’m a student.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 03:01 AM PDT

    Mac Mini Internet Connection Issue

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    I am beyond lost on what to do with our Mac Mini. It has had 0 internet issues but suddenly I can get no connection - wired or wireless. It's not the network as every other device connected to our network is working fine. Only the mini.

    I'm seeing correct IP, DNS, everything

    But can't get anything to load or connect

    I've tried every online guide I can find but nothing is working. Any ideas?

    It's a Mac Mini (Mid 2011) running 10.13.6

    submitted by /u/thecraigfm
    [link] [comments]

    Can I send microphone data from MBP to PC?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    So my microphone broke recently and I have no chance of getting a new one soon. I was wondering if there is an application I could use to send the microphone data from my MBP to my PC, either by cable or WiFi. Sorry if that is a little confusing. In the past I have used an app on my android phone that allowed me to do the same thing, called WoMic that worked well, but sadly my phone is also broken so I can't use that either.

    Any help is much appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/Yukle
    [link] [comments]

    My photos aren't downloading. Only have of them have been downloaded to full res and the others have been downloading for the past 2 week. I also have enough storage left (20 gb). Any idea what to do?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Apple Watch App Crashing

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Recently, the Apple Watch app on my iPhone crashes when I open it. I have an XS Max, iOS 12.3.1 and 4Th Gen. Apple Watch, Aluminum, 44 mm, WatchOS 5.2.1. When iOS 12.3.1 came out, I did a fresh installation without restoring from a backup. I have unpaired the Apple Watch and re-paired it and reset all settings in the iPhone.

    First question: has anyone else experienced this and if so, what worked to resolve it?

    Second question: When I contact Apple support, they are saying I need to have a certain amount of free space on my phone (I have over 10 GB free on a 64 GB phone). They are telling me I need to keep freeing space until the phone works better (not sure what that even means - the phone is working fine otherwise). Has anyone else been told this?

    Thanks for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/drvenkman9
    [link] [comments]

    Can I upgrade my logic board for a late 2012 iMac?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    I have a late 2012 iMac 21.5' with a 3rd party 1tb ssd and 16gb RAM. Everything else is factory and good to go, aside from the logic board due to sensor malfunctions, after a Mac store hardware diagnostics. Should I replace with the same logic board or can I upgrade?

    submitted by /u/Mseuss
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 No Service

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    Hi! Today I was talking on the phone and suddenly my call stopped. I tried to call back, but it said No Service. I restarted the phone a couple of times, reseted the network settings and removed the sim card and it's still the same. I heard that is a common problem on some iPhones. My phone is two weeks old and it's running iOS 12.3.1 . I also checked for system and network updates, but it's up to date. Anybody know what can I do?

    submitted by /u/Rares1504
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro sluggish after waking from sleep

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    This might be a tough nut to crack and I think it's a bit hopeless but I'll ask anyway.

    I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro Mid 2015 that I use for software development. I'm using it with a LandingZone dock and two 4K monitors. The machine is quite fast but not after it goes to sleep and wakes up.

    After waking up I often (not always) notice sluggishness: switching between applications takes several seconds, sometimes when an application wants to open a new window it also freezes for several seconds. It seems that Electron-based apps (Spotify, Slack, VS Code, Notion) are the most susceptible to this but I also have a feeling that it's not just them.

    I posted on Apple's forums and the advice I got there was to do a PRAM reset and restart in safe mode. It seemed like it helped at first but the problem always comes back.

    Does anybody have any ideas on what to try or how to investigate this?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sergej-koscejev
    [link] [comments]

    What HDMI adapter do I need for this MacBook Air?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    I need HDMI out with audio from this laptop. Can someone please link me to the adapter I need?

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-display-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-silver/5465502.p?skuId=5465502#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox

    The options are always hard to parse: MiniDisplay Port? Thunderbolt generations? HDMI with or without audio?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lactoes
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome significantly slower than Safari on top-end Mac?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    I just got a refurbished "Grade-A" Macbook Pro 2015. It looks new and runs as well as you'd expect, except for Chrome. The Chrome software itself doesn't seem slow, but when trying to fetch and load pages it takes an unreasonably long time. Twitter's login page takes upwards of 7 seconds to load, even when it's presumably been cached- i.e. loading it after it's already been loaded.

    On the other hand Safari seems to be a lot faster for no apparent reason. I've tried disabling the Chrome extensions but this didn't change anything. Why could this be happening and how can I fix it?

    submitted by /u/Forumpy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel