• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 18, 2019

    iPhone Little brother forgot iCloud password

    iPhone Little brother forgot iCloud password


    Little brother forgot iCloud password

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    He just bought an unlocked iPhone 8 and wants to switch the SIM card over from his iPhone 6. If he made a new iCloud account on the new phone would the SIM card somehow be attached to the old iCloud account and give an error? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/imeowxx
    [link] [comments]

    Phone keeps freezing and I can't even change my phone settings

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    So for a couple of hours my iphone SE has been freezing. Whenever I click on any app, including the settings one, my phone freezes and doesn't open the app. My storage is low so I know this is why my phone is freezing, but I can't even go into my settings or camera gallery (I have way too many photos) to fix this because whenever I tap the icon my phone freezes. I have no idea what to do now. I've already done a soft reset (a few times actually), and as a last resort I was going to do a factory reset but I don't know how to do that without the settings. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ketogirlnz
    [link] [comments]

    How come iphone 8 retains 4gb of photos after transferring photos into pc storage?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    I submitted this 2 hrs ago to r/applehelp. hopefully I can get some help here.

    Periodically I attach the iphone to my computer.

    1. In windows explorer, I access the DCIM storage, and I select all existing folders (ex. 133APPLE, 134APPLE, etc).
    2. Then I select "cut."
    3. Then I access the target folder on my hard drive and I select "paste."
    4. Then I confirm the number of photos / amount of data has been transferred from iphone to pc
    5. then I select all photo folders on iphone from windows explorer and select "delete."

    Invariably a few months later I find the same photos that had been cut / pasted / and deleted from the iphone clogging up storage space.

    at one point 6 months ago I had to clean up all the duplicate photos that had been backed up over time. Is there anyway to disable this iphone photo retention/resurrection problem?

    I just now transferred 4,200 photos, which accounts for 32.1 GB of space from the iphone onto the computer.

    Yet the iphone is only displaying 8.55 GB free space (there was 1.5GB of free space available before I transferred the photos over).

    Any help would be great. I'd love to learn what the process for transferring photos is.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bvrcntry_duckhnt
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 7 having call problems

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    so,,, this started a week ago? i tried to call my girlfriend and when she answered neither of us could hear each other. she has a samsung so i kinda just thought "ha samsung's suck" as a joke you know? but then it started happening with other people, including other iphone users. facetime works as usual but normally calling people is weird.

    anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it? i've tried looking it up but nothing really helps, maybe i'm just wording it wrong

    submitted by /u/rowniebow
    [link] [comments]

    Battery stays the same while charging

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    I've tried different cords, cables, and outlets, all with the same result. I'm updated to the most recent iOS version. When restarting my phone the battery jumps up a bit, but it won't charge normally.

    submitted by /u/ThomasBucks
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X stops charging randomly when above 80%

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    So this only happens in my 2013 Honda Civic with Anker USB car charger. When I charge with a regular outlet it charges to 100% every time. I tried different cables and car chargers. I drive Uber so my screen is always on in the car so maybe that has something to do with it. Any ideas why this may be happening?

    submitted by /u/wplantz
    [link] [comments]

    My SIM card is not supported error message.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6 that i bought in the US and have Verizon as my provider. I have a plan that lets me talk/text/data in Canada since my family is here. Yesterday I went to a friend's apartment that had NO service. I didn't think anything of it, until my iPhone showed me that "hello" white screen. I have no idea why it did reset. I tried to connect through Wifi and iTunes but it gives me the SIM card not supported message.

    I contacted Verizon and they suggested that to contact Apple or their Global Support Team. I'm worried that I won't be able to use my phone until I go back to the States which is absolutely impossible for me right now. I'm still able to use my phone without a SIM card and everything is still saved normally..

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/KingKicker
    [link] [comments]

    Volume buttons not adjusting ringer (‘Change with buttons’ is enabled in settings)?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Quite often I need to turn up the volume of the ringer on my iPhone XS Max whilst in bed, before i fall asleep, for my alarm or if I'm on-call (I'm a ridiculously heavy sleeper). I can't go into settings to do this because that would mean the ringtone sounding while I adjust the volume, but my girlfriend is in bed next to me (a ridiculously LIGHT sleeper)! So I use the buttons.

    However, most of the time the button will ONLY bring up the standard media volume pop-up, not the ringer. I've closed all apps that might be holding onto it (like YouTube et al) which has worked in the past, but not anymore. I can close every single app and the volume buttons STILL only control media volume.

    Tried switch to silent and back again too. Last night I restarted the iPhone which worked, but this morning when trying to turn it back down again, media volume only???

    Can someone shed some light on this?

    Thanks!

    PS. I realise I could just do it before I go to bed or just have the volume either off or on full but; A. That's not the point - my memory is terrible and this should 'just work' and; B. I have ADHD and pretty much live with AirPods in my ears to save everyone else the annoying reminder tones that go off for all sorts of things about every 10 minutes, so having it on loud isn't an option if I want functioning ear drums when I'm 50!

    TL;DR: even though I have the 'Change with volume buttons' enabled for adjusting the ringer volume, they only adjust media volume even after closing ALL apps down.

    submitted by /u/pinstrypsoldier
    [link] [comments]

    having trouble connecting iphone to itunes

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    I used to connect to iTunes from my yahoo email address. A couple years ago I switched to gmail. I believe this means I have two accounts now, although I was hoping the yahoo account would just switch to the gmail. Apparently not.

    Anyway I have an iPhone 5. I bought it on eBay last year and used the phone as a phone for a couple weeks but since then have just been using it as an alarm clock and some apps on it. Also for sleep tracking.

    I just tried to connect to iTunes to put some music on it. Not sure if I've connected it to iTunes before and if so, with which account. Is there a way to check?

    iTunes is giving some issues. Says welcome to your new iTunes and is asking if I want to setup as a new iPhone or to restore from a backup. The backup is from Jan 2016, so I have no interest in that.

    Is there a way I can connect to iTunes without losing the texts, pix, app data that I've accumulated over the last few months? All I want is to put some songs on this.

    submitted by /u/ZiggyZig1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel