• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 1, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - May 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - May 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - May 2019

    Posted: 01 May 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New puppy, i7 2.6, 560X, 32GB, 1TB. Note the keyboard cover + screen protector

    Posted: 01 May 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    7 years later, finally upgraded! I find the TouchBar with BTT pretty intuitive for the work I do as a Sys Admin.

    Posted: 01 May 2019 11:32 PM PDT

    Looking for some specific dimensions of the Macbook Pro 13 inch. (the new model)

    Posted: 01 May 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    I am looking for a dimension of the newer 13 inch Macbook for a laptop stand I am 3D printing for my sister. I want to know the center distance from the rubber feet on the left side to the right side, I tried looking online but it was nowhere to be found. I was wondering if any of you guys might have this laptop and wouldn't mind measuring this distance for me.

    This picture shows the distance I need: https://imgur.com/wWEtTeb

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tunkor
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding out what these mite looking things are, and how to get rid of them!

    Posted: 01 May 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    What's best for me? [help me decide]

    Posted: 01 May 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    I am new to Macbooks and I've always been using Windows system. However, I do use an iPhone and iPad so I am familiar with ios system.

    I am going to law school this fall and I would like to buy a new laptop for the next three years in school. It will be mainly essay typing, video watching, etc. I am not a gamer.

    I checked out the latest macbook, macbook pro and macbook air and I really don't know where to start. I heard pro is more for designers and people who edit videos a lot (I don't) and air is light so it's good for businesswomen, and what about macbook?

    The latest pro and air is only 100$ away (I'm choosing 128G w/o touch bar, not super into the touch bar), is it wiser to buy pro over air? Is the extra weight annoying or not obvious?

    And I am also a little hesitant on the keyboard (butterfly something, really?). I heard it jammed and people complained about it. But Apple updated the keyboard on the latest air (not sure about pro). How do you guys feel about the keyboard? Also... does it make sense that I am also leaning to buy a macbook air 1.8GHz (the older one) just because of the keyboard and backlit logo? It's just so pretty...

    I'm open to any suggestions you guys might have!

    Thanks in advance!

    ps. I am getting 13'' and 128G.

    submitted by /u/DrSassi
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me find a way around this??? (TRYING to get into terminal)

    Posted: 01 May 2019 02:33 AM PDT

    Getting replacement stripped Pentalope screws?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    I stripped about 4-5 Pentalope screws. Do you think its possible for me to get a replacement of the screws in the Apple Store?

    I did managed to get them replace once, but not sure if I could get it done again

    On a side note, why do these screws stripped so easily? I disassembled my XPS and they were using the same type of screws yet they are more sturdy and did not stripped so easily

    submitted by /u/redsendhalp
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. Evenly spaced dark spots have suddenly appeared on my 2016 MacBook Pro. Screen is white on purpose—everything works, just those spots. Is this normal? What could it have been from?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Does this ever happen to anyones mac after leaving it to sleep for a while (MacBook pro 2013)

    Posted: 01 May 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Egpu + Thunderbolt ssd = bottleneck?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    I already connected an egpu on my MacBook pro 2017 through Thunderbolt3. Now i want to connect an external Thunderbolt3 ssd "samsung X5". My question is: will the egpu be a bottleneck on my ext ssd read and write speeds?

    submitted by /u/chainsawguineapig
    [link] [comments]

    Best dock for a 2012 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Looking for a dock for my MacBook, anyone have any good ones you recommend?

    submitted by /u/joe_schmo54
    [link] [comments]

    Can I fix this or am I dreaming? MBP2012 non-retina... My only idea is switching the display cable?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    Wifi speed vastly slower on MBP than iPhone/iPad, what to do?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    Hi r/macbook ! Last week I went ahead and got myself the new Macbook Pro 15" (2018) and I've been having some troubles with wifi since. All my devices are using the same network, but my iphone and ipad are getting much faster download speeds than the macbook. It's crippling since I can't even download basic stuff on the laptop... Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/bzQ4StU/

    Using the Laptop at University with their wifi I get speeds upwards of 100Mbps, so it shouldn't be the Macbooks fault but who knows...

    I upgraded to the latest OS, updated the Router software and tried restarting everything, but nothing helps. Googling the issue was also of no help. I'm getting desperate here...

    Do any of you maybe know what might be the problem?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/themaachfag
    [link] [comments]

    Correct way to close MacBook

    Posted: 01 May 2019 01:03 AM PDT

    ShutDown - Sleep - Close the lid. Which is the correct way to close MacBook at the end of the day?

    submitted by /u/Emma005
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel