• Breaking News

    Monday, April 1, 2019

    iPad My working Setup - Got myself a cheaper 3rd Party case, which I’m pretty happy with.

    iPad My working Setup - Got myself a cheaper 3rd Party case, which I’m pretty happy with.


    My working Setup - Got myself a cheaper 3rd Party case, which I’m pretty happy with.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 01:41 AM PDT

    13 best use cases for iPad — crowdsourcing this to enlighten skeptical friends

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    This discussion inspired by techie friends being consistently surprised at my use of iPad (they only use it as Netflix portal... or other video sites...). So let's crowdsource the 13 best use cases for iPad

    my favorite use cases

    • sketching (Evernote & Adobe Sketch)
    • photo/video editing (Videoshop & native iOS apps)
    • reading (eBooks — kindle & iBooks, articles via Chome)
    • second monitor (Duet)
    • video viewing (YouTube, Udemy, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc)
    • music, podcast & audiobook controller (Spotify & Audible played through Bose speaker)
    • quick Siri/Google searches
    • recipes (Google)
    • Whiteboarding (similar to sketching, but can Airplay to AppleTV to collab with team, or use dedicated Whiteboarding apps for multi-location collab)
    submitted by /u/liteinmotion
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad pro face unlock + glasses wearer - how well does it work honestly?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    I have an 11 inch pro coming today and obviously touch ID is out and face unlock is in - but I wear glasses, and those reactive lens ones that often go into tinted mode when I'm sat working in the conservatory... how well is face ID going to work for glasses wearers and what about if you change the style of glasses you're wearing? (Like a lot of people I've got multiple frames for when I fancy a change)

    submitted by /u/Qwertytwerty123
    [link] [comments]

    My Theoretical Computer Science Notes Snippet on my iPad Air 2.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Playing with Videoshop and Adobe Sketch to make short vlog ��

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    How I solved the Drawing-Angle-Problem on iPad Pro 11" with Smart Keyboard Folio - DIY [OC]

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    iPad Pro dilemma

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I'm going to a university in a couple of months and I've decided that the iPad Pro will be perfect for me and will satisfy all of my needs. However, I'm in a dilemma over the size of the iPad 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm mainly gonna going to use it to take notes, do my assignments on the go (already own an iMac) as well as watch movies and play games. The 11" option seems to be very portable and easier to use. On the other hand, the 12.9" option seems to be better for reading, writing and taking notes but doesn't look as portable. Also, there's a significant price difference between the two (£200). So guys, which iPad do you think I should get? Thanks for your answers! 😇

    submitted by /u/oskargw
    [link] [comments]

    Do you travel with a keyboard or have a smart keyboard, or do you force yourself to function fully with the Pencil?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    Have you told yourself that you love the thinness of your new iPad Pro so much that you are going to forego the weight and thickness of the new smart keyboard by making the Pencil (and your fingers) the main input device? Or, do you still prefer the keyboard for most of your text input?

    I've posted similar posts in the past, but I'm still trying to figure out just how this new iPad Pro fits into my life. It is great as a lecturing/grading device (I am a professor), but I still depend on my MacBook when I want to work quickly and efficiently.

    submitted by /u/GuiltyLiterature
    [link] [comments]

    Some nitpicky iPad Mini 5 impressions

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    This post is for those of you who are maybe on the fence about the iPad Mini, or just want more misc. details about it.

    • The speakers are quite a bit worse than the cheap 2017/2018 iPad's. It's to be expected since it's smaller and thinner, but podcasts & videos are a bit tinnier than I'd like. The cheaper 9.7" iPads pass my bar for "good enough" in reproducing voices, but that might just be because I'm more used to how it sounds. Probably not a problem for most people, and sound is always subjective.
    • Definitely Touch ID 2. The jump from Touch ID 1 -> 2 is always really noticeable - it goes from a ~1-second delay to instant. Not life-changing, but very nice to have.
    • This is my first Mini, and it's light. The big top/bottom bezels make it really easy to hold in landscape, it's easy to carry around, and you can hold it up over your face without your hands/wrists/arms getting tired. The side bezels are really thin, but the side-bezel rejection thing they've implemented does a pretty good job (a thumb holding the side 1cm into the screen gets reliably ignored).
    • Like all Apple Pencil-enabled iPads, the screen coating is a fingerprint magnet. The laminated screen is really nice to have though. I haven't gotten a smart cover yet, so that might help clean the fingerprints (or just smudge them into the smart cover columns like it's always done in the past).
    • If you've ever used the OG iPad Air, or the 2017/2018 iPad, you'd know those things are built like tanks. It feels like you can toss them around, and the buttons have a weighty press to them. I'd say this iPad Mini sits in-between those sturdy iPads and the newer thin models (the Air 2 all the way to the Pros). The buttons are a bit slimmer and shallower; the home button has a very dainty click. It feels a lot more durable in the hand compared to the big newer iPads (similar thickness but the Mini has a smaller body).
    • The Space Grey is more like the newer MacBook grey, if you're trying to colour-match your devices (the old Mini was closer to aluminium silver).
    • I barely feel a difference in responsiveness between the A9 (2017 iPad) and the A12
    • Same with the jump to 3GB RAM. I think it's holding more apps in memory. 2GB in the 2018 iPad makes me hesitate though - who knows if iOS 13/14 will be a huge backslide in RAM management like iOS 11 was. Or will require more RAM for new springboard features. The 4GB Pros rarely seem to reload apps, but I haven't spent enough time with the 3GB in the Mini to point out a massive improvement vs 2GB.
    • The laminated display is really nice, but I wouldn't say it's 100% essential. The cheap 2017/2018 iPads still have colour-accurate displays. The laminated display makes the content feel closer to your finger, improves viewing angles (reduces glare/reflections), seems to improve black levels (at least perceived), and makes the front look cleaner since the display portion is less noticeable.
    • I believe the Mini uses the UI density of the 9.7" iPad. So same number of pixels, same UI, just on a smaller display. UI elements are small. The media control in Control Centre, for example, are slightly smaller than they are on an iPhone. But iPhones are typically held closer to your face, so the iPad controls are effectively smaller. I think this Mini suffers from the same issue that the 4" SE is facing now - developers are building for the more popular screen size, so UIs are typically scaled for the 9.7-10.5" iPads. When you scale it down to the Mini's screen, things are a bit tighter and harder to hit. This might just need an adjustment period - I'd imagine the people going from the Mini to the bigger iPads are confused why everything is so big and ridiculous-looking.
    • Yes, multitasking works. Split view + Slideover + PiP
    submitted by /u/elephantnut
    [link] [comments]

    iPad/Pencil app for Architecture use

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    Is anyone able to recommend an app for iPad that works with Apple Pencil that would be good for an architecture student drawing perspectives and floor plans to various scales? Normally use AutoCad/Rhino/Vector Works on desktop, and I've looked at the obvious apps on iPad but ideally I'm looking for it to allow you to change scale on the fly (1:1. 1:10, 1:50, 1:20, 1:100, 1:500), adjust line thickness, and change perspective (1 point, 2 point, axonometric, isometric).

    Any help or other subreddit recommendations for this question would be great!

    submitted by /u/sambaker176
    [link] [comments]

    [Media] ipad mini 5 vs ipad mini 4

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    The C-FORCE CF015C is a super-thin 4K display to use with your PC, iPad, smartphone or Switch [Of Interest]

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Bad at google. What does the pencil 2 actually do in Microsoft office apps?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    All I can find is "double tap the pencil" but what does it do? Have they turned it into a semi-accurate pointing device? I googled but I can't find fuck all.

    submitted by /u/i9-9900KF
    [link] [comments]

    iPad folio keyboard fabric

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    I picked up the Apple branded keyboard for the new 2019 iPad Air, but when I got home I noticed it's this weird fabric... is this how all the new keyboards are? I thought they were rubber? When I used the folio keyboards on the iPad Pro's in store, and I thought I had tried the Air too, the keyboards were rubber. Is this fabric the new and only style for the Apple branded folio keyboards? This isn't something I think I can or want to get use too, it feels terrible to me and I can't see it lasting.

    submitted by /u/darkmatter343
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ipad pro 12.9 2018 a friendly device to draw on bed n couch?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    I am trying to make a decision whether iPad pro 12.9 is comfortable enough to draw on the bed n couch. I like big screen but I haven't owned an iPad since iPad 2. So I don't know how it would feel to use in real life. Please suggest me. My primary use is digital drawing n painting and read PDF. For other types of media consumption like Netflix n YouTube web surfing is just a plus for me.
    Thank u for ur suggestions.

    submitted by /u/hellosydney2020
    [link] [comments]

    New iPad Pro 11 inch coming in the mail tomorrow, any “do first” things and tips?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    I get nearsighteness when using ipad too long

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    How do you increase text size on safari on ipad? Maybe I won't have as bad nearsightedness from using my ipad.

    The options in settings only increase the url bar text size?

    submitted by /u/goodnewsjimdotcom
    [link] [comments]

    I really hate this airdrop menu on iPad, I don’t understand why apple doesn’t fix this, it only happens if you tap the airdrop button in control center immediately. The control center blur goes away and you can tap outside the airdrop menu without the menu getting hidden.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel