• Breaking News

    Friday, April 5, 2019

    iPad My favorite on the go setup so far

    iPad My favorite on the go setup so far


    My favorite on the go setup so far

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Honest question: why is Goodnotes so popular among you guys?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:30 AM PDT

    I'm a long-time user of Notability and have recently been looking at other options. I noticed that whenever threads about handwriting pop up on this sub, most people who comment are using Goodnotes. I don't own Goodnotes but I was wondering whether it was worth buying. Some observations I've made:

    • Goodnotes 5 seems to be a bit of a mess from what people are writing, with a lot of bugs and missing features
    • Noteshelf 2 seems to be nearly identical to Goodnotes but is way less popular for some unclear reason (any ideas?)
    • in Tom Solid's comparison of handwriting apps Goodnotes (both 4 and 5) scores way below Notability or Noteshelf (Noteshelf is actually the highest rated - interesting)

    So what's up with Goodnotes being so popular here, or at least with their users being so vocal?

    I'm not trying to flame - I'm honestly trying to understand what sets that app apart.

    submitted by /u/stefanstr
    [link] [comments]

    how dark does the iPad Air (2019) and iPad (2018) screens get?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    i want to get an iPad to use mostly for reading, sometimes in the dark in bed. i read a review on PhoneArena that claimed the iPad Air screen goes as low as 2 Nits and i don't know how dark that is. they both use IPS panels so the pixels never really go black or near black from my understanding.

    should i get something other than an iPad?

    submitted by /u/RibotMiced
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone recommend a really good leather folio style case? Doesn’t matter which ipad it’s for, just want to see some fancy ipads!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    Lets see 'em!

    submitted by /u/Agent0147
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend an app similar to the Buildo series?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    Buildo Rescue Sticker Book by JAJDO AB https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buildo-rescue-sticker-book/id470181370?mt=8

    My kids used to love this but it's not updated for iOS 11.

    It's like a digital sticker book with fun backgrounds but you can place and replace the stickers all you want.

    It was great for making up little stories.

    submitted by /u/Octogenarian
    [link] [comments]

    Best cases for the new iPad Mini 5?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    Title says it all! If you bought the new iPad Mini 5 and have a case for it, what did you buy? Do you like it? Currently it does not seem like there are a lot of options.

    submitted by /u/longbowdriver
    [link] [comments]

    For Goodnotes 5 users coming from GN4, how's your handwriting experience?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    I had GoodNotes 4 for a year and I migrated to GN5 once released. I'm happy with many things except one ESSENTIAL thing, my handwriting. Something seems off. I mean my handwriting doesn't look the same. I constantly erase the letters and rewrite them back. I don't want to go back to GN4 because I didn't like its horizontal scrolling. I actually began to use Notability again although its several drawbacks however my handwriting seems more natural. Anyone here is having similar negative experience after migrating from GN4 to GN5?

    submitted by /u/kabourayan
    [link] [comments]

    Controversy aside, jailbreaking and getting true file management has made my iPad Pro at least twice as useful.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    Apple please please please give us true or somewhat closer to true file management in iOS 13.

    The jailbreak tweak(s) Filza and Safari++ have given me the ability to download files directly from Safari, save them directly to an SMB share through split screen, open Filza, navigate to the SMB share, work on the file off the SMB share in a native text editor built into Filza and copy them into my structured /var directory and be able to pull out that file later when I need it.

    Obviously, this same workflow can be replicated with apps like Document by Readdle, or even the stock Files app if you so wish.

    The point being made here however is the fact that you shouldn't need to rely on third party apps or truth be told, unpolished solutions (ie. Apple's native Files app)

    The ability to not have to worry about "Oh no, I need to bring my laptop to do this task" since my iPad can't download a large file in Safari without download progress and network failover abilities is to be quite frank, a situation with no clear solution other than the ones previously mentioned.

    For the time being however, I am enjoying this ability and cannot wait till its native in iOS so I don't have to deliberately break security features built-in to my device to enjoy those features.

    submitted by /u/Jalohann
    [link] [comments]

    Workflow with iPad Pro Video Editing

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    Good Day to all,

    Just looking for some first hand experiences with your workflow if you do any video editing on iPad Pro. I'm using LumaFushion for my buddies YouTube channel and I'm not sure how to approach it. We were thinking of using google docs as our primary source of uploading the videos for me to grab but I'm not 100 percent sure how that works with iOS.

    People who have some experience or other things they use that will be beneficial:

    1. What are you currently using for your workflow?(Programs to grab footage, how you import it, etc.)
    2. What pain points do you run into on a fairly common basis?
    3. How efficient is said method/workflow?
    4. Any other information you think would be beneficial, just let me know!

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/bedermanben
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for setting up a pad to work as a TV for an Alzheimer's patient?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Mum is in permanent care with advanced Alzheimer's, she has an iPad (Version 12.1, iOS 12.2, 16GB) to make video calls with assistance from nursing staff. She cannot operate a touchscreen UI at any level.

    I'm wondering if I could load it up with a playlist of her old TV shows and have it default to resume full screen play in response to the home button. I am a tech support worker but an utter newbie with iThings.

    submitted by /u/marr
    [link] [comments]

    [Announcement] Finally a Notability subreddit

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    Hey,

    There are so many questions, articles and posts about Notability shared in various subreddits like r/ipad or r/DigitalNotebooks. That makes it hard to find posts about Notability and confusing where to ask questions. Thus, I created a new subreddit for the app Notability: r/notabilityapp

    For those who don't know, Notability is a note taking app available for iOS and macOS. It combines handwriting, pictures and typing. "It's the perfect place to create and organize work, school, and life's information!"

    Feel free to join r/notabilityapp, share tutorials, ask questions and post screenshots of your notes created using Notability.

    If you have any suggestions for the subreddit, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

    submitted by /u/Lanseuo
    [link] [comments]

    What would be a good flash browser for the iPad? I have tried puffin but it seems to refresh on its own every second.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    Try this if you’re having issues with multitouch gestures on your iPad

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    I was running the iOS 12.2 betas on my iPad Pro 10.5, and towards one of the last few builds, I noticed that multitouch gestures for switching and closing apps was getting really annoying. Apps would occasionally hang in the middle of closing, and I'd have to touch the screen again in order for the app to close. Also, if I were to try to pinch to close too far to the side of the screen, the app would start to close but bounce back open. I also was just seeing the general animation for pinching to close getting finicky, as if I was letting go with my fingers when I wasn't.

    I noticed that while typing and trying to execute these gestures, sometimes the Zoom window would pop up. This gave me an idea about what may have been causing the issues.

    I ended up turning off Zoom in Settings > Accessibility > Zoom. All of my issues went away. Gestures are now just as smooth and intuitive as before. I was getting annoyed very regularly by this. When I turn Zoom back on, I can pretty quickly replicate the annoying behavior. Turn it off, issues are gone. Try it on your iPad! Older iPads probably will hang in the middle of this animation anyway, but the 2017 Pros and newer I know are capable of handling these without a hitch—assuming Zoom is turned off.

    submitted by /u/uncertain-ithink
    [link] [comments]

    Bandaid on the tip of the Apple pencil

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    Has anyone tried putting a bandaid on the edge of the Apple Pencil? I keep seeing it on Korean YouTube videos however since I don't speak Korean, I can't understand what they're saying in terms of how it feels to write with it on. I tried it on my Apple Pencil and I'd like to be able to remove the matte screen protector however I'm afraid of wasting a screen protector if it doesn't feel right. I'd just like the crispness of the display while having some friction on my pencil.

    Bandaged tip

    submitted by /u/Maydayparade77
    [link] [comments]

    Is anybody able to install AR apps on an iPad Air 3 (2019)?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    I tried to install a few and it says it's not compatible. the IKEA place app for example.

    submitted by /u/ciclopez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel