• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 3, 2019

    Apple TV A look at the remote widget controlling an Airplay and HomeKit enabled TV in beta

    Apple TV A look at the remote widget controlling an Airplay and HomeKit enabled TV in beta


    A look at the remote widget controlling an Airplay and HomeKit enabled TV in beta

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    Does using the VPN option in Apple Configurator work?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    Trying to setup a VPN on the Apple TV directly, and it has the option to add a VPN to the profile, does this work on Apple TV or not?

    submitted by /u/Charlie_While_13
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen when starting/closing apps (Apple TV 4K)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    As the title says, every time I start/switch/close an app, or press the home screen button, the screen turns black for a second.

    I did not had this problem on my older Apple TV.

    Does anyone have an solution? Is this normal?

    I had

    submitted by /u/belkemi1
    [link] [comments]

    Just wondering with the 3rd gen Apple TV

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    Can you use other remotes on the Apple TV 3rd generation?

    submitted by /u/BJskywalker
    [link] [comments]

    IR Learned Remotes Play/Pause/FF/Rewind Stopped Working

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    I have tried deleting the remote and re-adding the remote through the learn remote feature. The only way I can get the play or pause or rewind or fast-forward features working with the remote is to use the actual Apple TV remote, hit pause and then unpause, then suddenly the IR remote works fine until the next show or movie I watch. This started about two or three weeks ago. I don't know if there was an update but I have seen other people report the issue as far back as 2016. Has anyone else seen this problem? How was it fixed? Has Apple even bothered to address it? Somehow I doubt it. If I didn't hate the Apple remote so much it wouldn't be a big deal but I kind of need a universal remote and Apple's remote is terrible. I don't like having to keep it nearby, defeats the whole point.

    Also why don't they make it so that it can learn a button for Siri, why do I need the original remote just to use Siri?

    submitted by /u/nom420
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Solution for Apple TV Hotspot Limitation with Unlimited Data Plan

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    I am curious if anyone has solved this one. I'm trying to find the ideal way to bring my media with me during long-term travel in my RV.

    I have an Apple TV 4 + AT&T Unlimited Plan with a dedicated cellular iPad. It works great until the 15GB per device limitation kicks in from AT&T.

    I can mirror / airplay directly to it (without being on the same hotspot wifi) from my phone, but it will only mirror photos or videos I took. Once I try to stream any video from apps, it just hangs. Same when not mirroring and selecting the ATV as the airplay source from the streaming app.

    As a backup, I have a an Apple lightning to HDMI adaptor, but it's pretty temperamental with sound and video output and removes my ability to use the remove to skip commercials...etc.

    I previously used an Apple TV 3 since it allowed you to use Airplay directly, but the playback of video would freeze too often.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/barefootceo
    [link] [comments]

    Navigation lag on my Apple TV 4K - any solution for this?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    I have problems with the remote while navigating in the menus, and I'm wondering if anyone else are experiencing the same issues?

    It feels like the remote gets stuck and everything gets extremely laggy. - scrolling in menu: nothing happens for a few seconds and then it jumps several objects at once. - scrubbing in a video to fast forward/rewind: sort of the same thing. Nothing happens and then it jumps and I can't make it stop. - opening an app / select something pressing the navigation button: I click once but it somehow reads my input as double or triple click.

    I've tried restarting the Apple TV and wouldn't say it's very helpful. Doesn't solve the problem.

    Anyone else experiencing something similar? Any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/Pieeetr
    [link] [comments]

    Need Sound Bar Options

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    I need a sound bar that can be controlled with the tv remote. This is for my mom who loves having just the one remote. Is that even possible? I've heard sound bars but I don't know anyone irl with one and an tv. Please don't suggest a full sound system. Having multiple speakers is the last thing she wants.

    submitted by /u/JBaby_9783
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn off/sleep Apple TV 4/k with old remote model

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    I just got the old remote, and while works for controlling most of the ATV's functions, trying to turn it off in the old way by holding the play/pause button brings up a menu where I select audio output. Can I turn it off with the old remote, or do I need to go into the settings menu every time?

    submitted by /u/capt-chris
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to report to Apple that a show in the "TV" app is missing some newer episodes?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    I notice in the "TV" app that the "Samantha Brown's Places to Love" PBS Video app show is showing season 2 episode 10 as the latest episode. If you however open the PBS Video app directly and navigate to the show page, there are a few newer episodes than episode 10. I sent a tweet to Apple Support, and they sent me to the https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=sm&PGF=PGF51002 URL. I then got an e-mail response that ultimately sent me to the https://getsupport.apple.com URL, so I started a chat. The chat rep then suggested that I provide feedback via the https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html URL, so I did that. Call me crazy, but I'm not 100% confident that last step was the correct course of action for reporting this issue. Does anyone know of a better way?

    submitted by /u/Rybo213
    [link] [comments]

    Is an Apple TV worth it just for the games?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    Is it worth buying mainly for gaming and some Netflix?

    submitted by /u/MobileDon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel