• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 3, 2019

    Apple iOS r/iOS Tech Support Thread - 3rd April 2019

    Apple iOS r/iOS Tech Support Thread - 3rd April 2019


    r/iOS Tech Support Thread - 3rd April 2019

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    Hey r/iOS!

    Have a tech support question you need answered? Want to report a Bug? Struggling with the features of your new iOS device? Ask here!

    Note: Comments are sorted by new for your convenience.

    ——

    The reason I've made this thread is to curb the amount of tech support questions that get asked on a daily basis, whilst we understand you may be struggling with iOS and need help - we don't want the sub to get spammed with Tech support questions. So we ask if you redirect them here.

    ——

    submitted by /u/SuitingUncle620
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there so much inconsistency?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Is this happening with everybody or it’s just me? (I tried with more developer pages but none of them loaded)

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    Can anyone make a shortcut for batch renaming files?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a shortcut that will open a folder from files in local storage on my iPad, rename each file to a unique number with the date included, and keep the photos in their original place.

    I feel like this might be doable but I can't get my head around the shortcut app well enough to try it.

    Edit: have managed to make one that renamed the first file with the date but will not date the rest, can share my effort so far if anyone can contribute

    submitted by /u/theeyesofryan
    [link] [comments]

    File transfer from iPhone to PC without cable

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    Tip: Swiping up on the view finder in the camera app allows you to change filters

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:19 AM PDT

    Got a used iPhone 6S 16GB as a replacement - Battery Health at 74% so is this behavior normal? More info in comments.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    This blurriness is happening very frequently on my home screen if I view an alert and does not go away unless I restart the phone. iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.2. Is this a known bug? Frustrating to have to restart multiple times a week.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    Did you know you can see your realtime iPhone's console from Mac?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    [Help] Remove icloud account from iphone

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone but I have no idea what the password is nor can I reset the password. Is there any way to remove the account without the password? I don't want to restore either because I want to stay at my current IOS version.

    submitted by /u/4424dev
    [link] [comments]

    Is this really an issue for people?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Why can’t iOS just be installed on any device?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    How does Apple protect it's software from being installed on other devices? The ipsw files are public too, how?

    submitted by /u/redditusersg
    [link] [comments]

    What is this function called? Sometimes video of images just stacks in middle of the screen. Thanks.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    What happened to the frequent locations feature?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:32 AM PDT

    I recently remembered that my iPhone used to tell me my ETA to places it thought I might be going, but I hadn't seen that in a looong time. Did Apple remove this feature or did I do something to disable it?

    submitted by /u/tom_cruising
    [link] [comments]

    My alarms aren't making any noise? (iPhone X)

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:15 AM PDT

    I was late for work this morning for the first time ever, and have had a few close calls in the past few weeks because my alarms have not been making any sound.

    The first time it happened (it wasn't an alarm for work so it was fine) I just assumed I slept through it.

    The next couple of times I was almost late, and there were multiple alarms in the notification area (so they did "go off", but absolutely no noise). That's when I started paying attention, checked all of my settings, Googled the issue, updated to 12.2, and started checking volume every single night before bed. I have change volume with buttons OFF and always have. And I've tested it by setting it for the next minute, and it goes off unless the screen is unlocked with Face ID, then it gets really quiet.

    I should also mention I have had only iPhones since the 4. I've never had this problem before. And I have about 4 alarms in the morning. The bedtime one, my actual one (which is when I wake up), and then 2 to make sure I'm awake just in case.

    I've seriously never had this happen, and I usually even wake up to silent alarms (vibrate only). I have multiple tones too, so it's not a single noise I've gotten too used to.

    Has anyone else experienced this? I have to go buy an alarm clock now which I can't believe I'm doing. Those alarm clock beeps REALLY aren't pleasant.

    submitted by /u/Asivi
    [link] [comments]

    Option to use audio related apps with somehow Bluetooth connectivity adapter?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:07 AM PDT

    I use iphone 7 and thanks for making my day

    submitted by /u/Masterninja08
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative browsers

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    I hope this hasn't been discussed to death, but I'm wondering: Are you using an alternative browser on iOS and why?

    How are you dealing with not being able to set a default browser? Most apps don't give you a choice on where to open a link.

    I actually like Safari a lot, but since I also use Windows, I don't have the option of using just one browser. So I keep trying these other browsers on my iPhone and iPad, but I keep coming back to Safari somehow and use Pocket to save links I want to have available on all devices.

    submitted by /u/SpiresAwake
    [link] [comments]

    Why iOS randomly deleting dictionaries downloaded?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    Help please.

    P. S. Sorry about my bad english.

    submitted by /u/iServi
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 12.2 won’t let me UPDATE apps

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    So my iphone XS MAX is updated to IOS 12.2... problem is that my apps such as Instagram is crashing.

    I deleted and reinstalled my IG and now almost all my apps that needs updates (Spotify, snapchat etc) are stuck at either LOADING or WAITING.

    Been 7 days already and I still can't reinstall or update apps. I can't use the apps as they are all crashing.

    I tried almost everything:

    • sign out of Apple Id and signed in again
    • Restarted Phone
    • reset network settings
    • updated my Software
    • Used my WIFI
    • tried airplane on and off, mobile cellular data on and off
    • and i haven't even filled all of my phone storagec only used 85 gb (for my 512 gb)

    So is there any other solution i missed?

    I need your help!

    submitted by /u/RealhousewifeChick
    [link] [comments]

    Any voiceover users here? How do you typically explore a new app?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:30 AM PDT

    I'm an iOS developer who is making a first serious attempt at doing voiceover accessibility right. I do my best to follow Apple's guidelines, but they don't really give me a sense of how voiceover users actually use their devices.

    What do you do to get to know a new app? Do you primarily just flip through app element by element, from top to bottom? How often do you use the rotor and go through by headings or containers? How do you typically deal with tab bars or infinite scrolling? Are there things that drive you nuts about how voiceover gets implemented? What do you wish that developers knew about how you're using the app that would make your experience better?

    Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/small_d_disaster
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12.2 phone call issues

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    Since the update I have been unable to make calls randomly. I can dial the number but nothing happens. Hard reset fixes it. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/PhilWillChil
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe actions finally popped up in the Gmail app! (Had to force quit and restart to trigger it)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    Looking for an good keyboard app that would bring back the wide keyboard from plus devices from pre-iOS 10

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    I would like to have an keyboard app that would be something like this

    Few things it has to have: - Nordic layout - Fast, and no weird shitty features - Maybe a dark mode but it's not required

    submitted by /u/Piipperi800
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone XR's battery drains over 7-8 hours by 22% with no usage. Background app refresh is off and the phone was on low power mode. Please help?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 12:53 AM PDT

    How to turn off Two Factor Authentication

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    I bought an iPhone three weeks ago and I think when I signed in it turned on TFA and now I can't disable it. I read on the internet that after two weeks it would be able to turn off, but nothing. It has been three weeks and a half and there's no option on Apple Website neither on Settings > My Name > Password and Security. Anyone knows if there is a way?

    submitted by /u/RenzoGx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel