• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 6, 2019

    Apple iOS Apple bedtime knows that I’m gaining an hour for daylight savings

    Apple iOS Apple bedtime knows that I’m gaining an hour for daylight savings


    Apple bedtime knows that I’m gaining an hour for daylight savings

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:10 AM PDT

    Netflix App for iOS No Longer Supports AirPlay Because of 'Technical Limitations'

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    For anyone who uses documents 5: There are a bunch of base folders like itunes files, photo albums, etc. that I accidentally made hidden, anyone know how to get them back?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    Is there an app to know the screen-on time since the last charge?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 11:00 PM PDT

    Spotify plays music when I click my power button.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    If I pause a song on Spotify & then click my power button, the song continues to play.

    I've restarted my phone, closed & opened Spotify, & erased all content settings.

    Does anyone have any advice ?

    submitted by /u/FortySevenLifestyle
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s HDMI connector stop working after 12.2 Update?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:18 PM PDT

    Never had an issue before 12.2 update. Did update and tried watching tv a couple of days later with the Apple hdmi connector and now it does not even register. : ( Been trouble shooting for hours now.

    submitted by /u/DrinkingWinner
    [link] [comments]

    My first app finally launched! Just Timers - multiple reusable named timers with Siri Shortcuts support.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    My first iOS app, Just Timers, was just released on the App Store, I hope you like it!

    Just Timers is the missing timers app for iOS. Tired of only being able to set one timer? Hate not being able to name or reuse timers, let alone control them with your voice? With Just Timers you can not only have as many timers as you want at the same time, but you can also use Siri to control them! Assign Siri Shortcut phrases for various timers to make things easy to remember.

    Some examples:

    • Create a reusable timer for green tea, then assign the phrase "tea timer" or "start tea". Use the trigger phrase to restart the timer any time you need it.
    • Making tater tots for the kids? "Tater tot timer" is fun and easy to remember!
    • Need to take medication every few hours? "Took my meds" to restart the timer for the next duration.
    • Create timers named by duration, then simply use a trigger phrase like "20 minute timer" to summon it.
    • Doing laundry? "Start the wash" will count down until it's done.

    It's that simple! The first 2 timers are free, then it's a $1.99USD In-App Purchase for unlimited timers. Everything else is included at the free tier.

    I'd love any feedback and reviews you can provide, there are some big plans in the works for future updates too.

    Thanks!

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/just-timers/id1453573845?mt=8

    submitted by /u/dippnerd
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make this go away with force quitting each app? 12.2

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    Possible to play music while recording audio on bluetooth headphones?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    I'm looking for way listen to music while recording my voice when using my bluetooth headphones. I'm not trying to record the music along with my voice, just listen while voice recording. I've tried a few apps, but so far haven't been able to get this to work. Not sure if it's possible. When I start recording the music I have playing through Spotify pauses.

    submitted by /u/Populist_Voices
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a certain camera app..

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    So i recently switched from my iPhone XR to the galaxy S10e. Long story short that change lasted 7-8 days, and I'm back to my XR. One thing I fell in love with however was a camera mode that shot a picture, and changed the background black and white while leaving the subject in full color.

    Does anyone know if there's an app that'll do that on iOS? Similar to the "stage light", but i want the whole background, I don't just want it blacked out.

    submitted by /u/Agent0147
    [link] [comments]

    Is iOS actually intuitive?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    Hi there. I'm trying to wrap my head around the notion of iOS being touted as the "intuitively-designed" option UX-wise. I am mostly an Android user but with many hours being poured into my iPad Pro for over a year now.

    My observations:

    iOS doesn't seem to be as intuitive as most tech sites advertise it to be. I feel like Apple is designing iOS specifically to avoid as many Android-first actions as they can. It feels like Apple fears certain UX similarities from Android which iOS can actually benefit from just for the sake of not being similar to Android.

    Here are a few examples:

    On newer versions of Android, you can touch and hold the WiFi or Bluetooth icon. It's something I didn't need to research that it was a feature. It was something which came naturally - touch+hold would summon options where I could quickly connect to another network or connect to a bluetooth device manually. In iOS Command Center, it's just a toggle. I'd have to take more presses and go to settings and find wifi and select a network from there.

    The iOS Home Screen needs an overhaul! On iPads especially! It's a goopy mess if you have a lot of apps. Sure, you can do folders. But what would be better is make the icon rows more customizable than the current grid. We don't have to lose the default, it could be an option for users who prefer to clean up home. Otherwise, spotlight search is just the quickest way to go and we skill home screen. Hmm. Also, let's talk wallpapers! The subtle parallax effect is cute but more dynamic wallpapers are just cooler. Backgrounds that slide along with each page on a home screen are cool but only Android does it at the moment which is a shame.

    iPad can't natively support landscape running of iPhone apps. From a design perspective, how hard could it be to run the iPhone-sized apps at 1x on landscape mode? Sure, Instagram's decision is to not release a proper landscape app for iPad but I don't see why Apple decided to let the developers have a say on it rather than letting iOS simulate iPhone apps vertically without losing access to the Smart Keyboard/Folio.

    How about the iOS soft keyboard? It's just a bit too basic IMO.

    Does having options really take away from their philosophy of simplicity? Or should Apple design software interfaces which are adaptable to users of all sorts with different needs rather than imposing a clunky learning curve. Seeing the Settings page, it is a HUUUGE library of options already but very little customization options in terms of UI. "It simply works" feels lazy at this point when iOS isn't evolving enough for people who appreciate granularity and complexity. Solution in mind is hiding away customization options which should be available to people who prefer

    Please don't tell me to simply stay on Android. I love Android as my phone's OS. But I'm trying to like iOS because of so many polished, beautifully sophisticated, and useful apps that are iOS-exclusives in mobile devices (e.g. Moleskine apps, Bear, Things, Agenda, Procreate, Affinity by Serif apps, and more!). I want to make the transition to Apple-designed products which require financial investment but I think many users will appreciate it to evolve more in terms of software because the hardware is already so good. Apple can do better because it feels like Google is abandoning Android (perhaps in favor of a unified Chrome-Android OS) but less isn't always more.

    I hope Apple just says "fuck it" and goes for bolder UI design choices which are good for usability, accessibility, and customizability and in the end will attract new customers. Instead of developing a "this is the future of computing" philosophy which skips useful options in favor of less buttons.

    submitted by /u/chakigun
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why this is happening? 12.2

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    My iPad doesn’t support ios9 unfortunately ..and this app requires ios9 even when I download an older version it says I still have to update how can fix this

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    No incoming call sound when already in a call from 3rd party app

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    While using airpods. How is it possible, that when I'm in the middle of a call using Telegram and someone else calls me on my phone, I hear just nothing and the phone does not even vibrate?!

    submitted by /u/cap-slow
    [link] [comments]

    Playing YouTube from lock screen? Dolphin no longer works

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    Are there other browsers besides dolphin that lets you play YouTube music through the lock screen?

    Previously I would use dolphin for this feature but it no longer works. I'm in ios 12.1.2

    submitted by /u/rutlander
    [link] [comments]

    When you online from your iphone, this little badge will appear on the ipad icon.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    Why do I have a profiles section on my iOS 12 even though I factory wiped my iPhone?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/Hk5tev4

    this is a personal phone, not a company or anything like that

    submitted by /u/lostfan223
    [link] [comments]

    News widget is gone

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    I have searched the net for a solution but I couldn't find one. The news widget is not in the add/remove section as well.

    I tried to (force) restart the device. My iPhone X is updated to the latest version 12.2 (16E227). I tried to changed the region settings, nothing works. Anyone who could help me with this?

    I had this issue in the past. It came suddenly back, however this time i'm waiting quite a while. Help is appreciated 🙏

    Edit: Don't know why im being downvoted though for asking a question that can't be resolved. Thanks Reddit.

    submitted by /u/WhatTheHomePod
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel