• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 3, 2019

    Apple Help Lost my apple id because I changed my phone number

    Apple Help Lost my apple id because I changed my phone number


    Lost my apple id because I changed my phone number

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    So my apple ID has been locked on all my apple devices after I changed my phone number. I have my password and everything, just don't have access to my old number. Tried contacting support and they said there is nothing they can do and the best I could do is make a new apple id and download my apps all over again. My icloud/itunes is lost too. Has anyone had an experience with this?

    submitted by /u/ThinkHumor
    [link] [comments]

    How do you do a factory reset on a Mac mini?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and don't know how to enter recovery mode to factory reset my old Mac mini that my dad bought in 2015.

    submitted by /u/cthulhuscocaine
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages only play text tones sometimes then other times it’s randomly silent

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Usually when i receive an iMessage my text tone plays but at random times it just comes in silent, all settings are always the same the ringer is on and everything. Is this a bug or a weird feature? I can't figure out why it does this. This happens on my iPad 6th gen but doesn't happen on my iPhone

    submitted by /u/Anthony4114x
    [link] [comments]

    how does apple know your device serial number if you drop it in water and it doesn’t work

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    Do I need a non Bluetooth keyboard to troubleshoot my iMac?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    My iMac is opening to a white screen, making the chime sound, the Apple logo appears, and the progress bar gets about halfway before the iMac shuts down. All the online troubleshooting stuff requires a keyboard and my keyboard is Bluetooth. Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/UltimatePleb
    [link] [comments]

    iMac and MacBook Pro Issues

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    So, despite having fantastic luck with my first Apple computer, I seem to be having issues with both my iMac and MacBook Pro.

    For the MacBook Pro, I have issues getting the N key to work. I've tried reinstalling the OS, deleted everything I have off there and more and simply can't get it to work 100 percent of the time. Worst yet, the key will sometimes work for long periods of time, so it appears to be working on some level. I would take it to Apple, I just don't think a $200+ repair is worth it. I also don't qualify for free repair, since it's a 2015.

    As for the iMac, I'll randomly lose bluetooth connection and it will either come back or I'll have to restart. I would make a warranty claim or have them look at it, except I'm just out of my warranty.

    Any tips, tricks or help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/admiralvic
    [link] [comments]

    My =space =key =in =Macbook =Air =2015 =also =gives =off =an =equal =sign

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    whenever =I =type =in =my =Mac, =after =pressing =the =space =key , =i =also =get =an =equal =sign. =was =wondering =how =i =fix =this =issue. =my =delete =key =also =acts =as =volume =increase =button =which =is =weird

    submitted by /u/veeeeeeeennnn
    [link] [comments]

    Help diagnosing / fixing spinning beach ball of death problem for 2014 iMac

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    Late 2014 iMac i5, 8 GB RAM, 3 TB Fusion drive partitioned into a 2 TB Mac OS volume running macOS Sierra and a 1 TB NTFS volume for Windows 10.

    Here's what happened. Some of this may be a red herring and not relevant to the root cause, but I'm including the whole story from when the issue began, because I don't know what's relevant and what's not.

    I had rebooted the iMac into a Windows 10 Boot Camp partition. It had been awhile since I had done that, so of course Windows had to go through updating everything. No problem, did all the updates, things seemed to work fine. Went back and forth between macOS and Windows 10 several times over the next week or two with no problems.

    One day, in the Windows 10 Boot Camp partition, the Windows iCloud app needs to update. Fine, another update. Run it (and select to turn off Photos syncing since I don't need photos syncing to the Windows partition). Usual message about Photos being deleted from the PC, etc. No worries.

    But soon after (i.e. within hours, but not minutes), things start going haywire in the Windows 10 partition. Windows slowly grinds to a halt getting slower and slower. Apps won't respond, and eventually Windows itself won't respond, so I have to force shutdown by holding down the Power button. Reboot into the Windows partition again, and start up takes abnormally long, like 20 minutes. Same problem -- impossibly slow performance in the Windows partition. Try to shutdown, it freezes during shutdown, so another force shutdown. Reboot into Windows in Safe Mode; same results.

    At this point I've been triaging this for a couple of hours, cursing Windows along the way, so force another shutdown and reboot back into macOS. macOS works fine. Figure I'll have to wipe and rebuild the Windows partition, but no biggie; nothing on it except games. Head out for the afternoon, come home after dinner, fiddle around in macOS a while (again, no problems), go to bed.

    Get up next morning, try to wake up the iMac and now macOS is slowed to a crawl, too. The dreaded spinning beach balls with every click, until macOS freezes up too. Force shutdown with the Power button, reboot (reboots slowly), same slow performance issue repeats, but -- with more patience than I thought I had -- I manage to wait out the spinning beach balls, get Disk Utility opened, and run First Aid. (Also unmount the boot camp partition.)

    First Aid says it finds no problems, but the computer is still slow as molasses with spinning beach balls left and right. After another forced restart or two, I'm too frustrated at this point, so I walk away. I have the iMac set to not sleep now, forget about it for the rest of the day, and go to bed leaving the computer on and not sleeping.

    Next morning, it's ... better. Not back to where it should be, but I can open and close apps, use Finder, browse the web at near expected speeds, etc. Apps are slower to load, but once loaded they seem to work reasonably well. Especially in Finder there's still slowness to react to clicks, there's still beach balls, but everything isn't grinding to a halt. Navigating and scrolling in Finder seems to really trigger the beach ball, but it's 10-20 seconds of spin, not infinite spin like the day before. I've kept Activity Monitor open and running while using and there doesn't seem to be any abnormal CPU, memory, network, or I/O behavior.

    All my data is backed up (third party app, not Time Machine), so if necessary I could wipe, reinstall macOS, reinstall all my apps and restore my files from back-up. I'm not really eager to do that, though, mostly because it's just a pain the ass and time-consuming. Also my concern is that if the drive hardware is failing or irreparably corrupted, all that would be wasted effort.

    Looking for any thoughts or suggestions on how to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue. Thanks in advance!

    EDIT: other potentially relevant issues:

    • It's not network related. Issue doesn't appear to change when I have WiFi and Ethernet disabled.
    • Only peripherals attached are a wireless Logitech keyboard, third-party USB mouse, and external hard drive. Issue persists when the external hard drive is unattached.
    • Since it started behaving "better" I haven't tried to reboot it (yet). Nor have I allowed it to sleep.
    • During the multiple reboots (before it started behaving "better") I did try booting to Internet Recovery. That failed with an error message which I stupidly forgot to write down. Haven't tried that again since.
    submitted by /u/drunken_assassin
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 2 enclosure or external ssd? Does this exist?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to get an external ssd to run at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (MacBook Pro 2015), but there seems to be nothing on the market other than souped up hubs that are pretty expensive. I'm hoping for more of a portable solution…

    Anyone know where I can find such an item?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Duckmandu
    [link] [comments]

    How can I run a Dual monitor Set up with the new Macbook pro with 4 USB C ports ?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    I have 2 HDMI monitors that I would like to hook up to my macbook to have a Desktop set up while I am at home. The problem is I dont know how to do it because all the Docks/Adapters I see only have 1 HDMI port. How can I run Both.

    Thank you !

    submitted by /u/dtabuena
    [link] [comments]

    I can mount a shared drive via Finder but get an error when trying the exact same thing in Terminal

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    Wasn't sure whether to post here or /r/techsupport, but since this shared drive is using AFP (Apple File Protocol) I figured here was best.

    Basically I'm working with some existing code. It has a part that fails as of today and yesterday but used to work:

    sudo mkdir -p /Volumes/my_builds
    sudo mount -t afp afp://myserver.com/builds /Volumes/my_builds

    The mount returns:

    mount_afp: AFPMountURL returned error -5002, errno is -5002

    Yet, I can open up Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server -> type in afp://myserver.com/builds -> this mounts the shared drive on /Volumes

    The workaround for now was to change the code to look for the shared drive in /Volumes, but I need to know what's going on.

    Any ideas? There is literally no information on the internet about AFP mount error codes.

    submitted by /u/ambulocetus_natans
    [link] [comments]

    Do the original AirPods have any audio lag?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    So, owners of the Original Airpods, Have you experienced any latency when watching videos on youtube? If yes, is there anything that might fix the problem?

    Also, if i connect the AirPods on my PC, will the sound quality remain reasonably good compared to a native iOS device?

    submitted by /u/WhiteboyInJeans
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble downloading apps.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Tried signing in and out of my Apple ID but that didn't work, but I've been trying to download 2 free apps for the past week and it continues to say my payment method is invalid when all it is is my connected credit card. Anyone else have this problem before? Appreciate help in advance!

    submitted by /u/woahski
    [link] [comments]

    Replaced HDD of Fusion Drive iMac, what to do with leftover SSD

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    Okay, so this week I swapped out the HHD in my late 2013 iMac with a Samsung SSD. This was my first time doing anything with a system that had a fusion drive, so I was under the false impression that the drives were somehow mounted to each other. So when I replaced everything and I checked in Disk Utility and saw the original 125GB SSD part of the fusion drive setup I was surprised. The system works fine, I'm just curious what I should be doing. Disk Utility says the 125gb SSD is unformatted. Should I just format it and use it as some backup space? For what it's worth, I'm currently running OSX Sierra.

    submitted by /u/Zackeous42
    [link] [comments]

    I can't airdrop between my 2018 MacBook Pro and my iPhone XS Max- both on latest updates

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    So the issue I am having is that my devices just don't see each other on AirDrop. Other devices can see them- I tested with my dads iPad and my friends laptop, and both those devices can send files to both my phone and laptop. I am at complete wits end on how to solve this issue. Anyone have any advice?

    submitted by /u/packfan1234
    [link] [comments]

    Movie on iPhone is doubling it’s space

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    I tried to download Spider-Man into the Spider-verse on my iPhone XR, but the downloading speed was extremely slower than usual. Eventually it finished, but when I looked to see how much space it took, it was nearly double the amount that was listed in itunes (4.71 GB itunes, 9.05 GB on my phone). Not only that, but the movie freezes up in random places sometimes when I try to watch it. How can I fix this?

    (I am on the latest IOS version 12.2)

    (Not sure if this is important, but I downloaded the movie by syncing my movies anywhere account to my itunes)

    submitted by /u/todd14087
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus stuck on "Approve This iPhone

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    I've maxed out my storage on my iPhone 7 plus (31.9/32gb used). However, I've purchased extra storage through iCloud. I'm currently using 8/50gb. I want to transfer data over to my iCloud as that is why I purchased it, but I can't figure out how to. It seems I have to enable two-factor identification. In attempt in doing so I click on Update Apple ID Setting (which has a red "1" notification by it right now>Continue>type in my Apple ID password>type in iPhone passcode>Approve this iPhone. I've then (on my HP laptop) gone to icloud,com to go through the appropriate approval process. Yet this site seems completely useless. I don't see anything about approving my iPhone or any guidance whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/PineappleFinesse1990
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know possible fixes to cracked(I think) screen

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17zxYBv-POPVH2_nlGIi-dO0zkPLbAAPS/view?usp=drivesdk

    It is a(Retina 13-inch, early 2015) Macbook Pro version 10.11.6 OS X El Captain.

    I think it is an internal crack with the liquid thingy on screens spreading (not that tech savvy).

    I am wondering if tis is correct and if I can get any fixes and potential prices for the fix (I so not have applecare nor do I have warrenty)

    submitted by /u/DavidR25
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering SSD from damaged Macbook (2015)

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    First off, thanks for reading this. Your help and input means a lot and is what makes this site great!

    So here's the situation: I have a Macbook Retina (Mid-2015, Model #: MK4M2LL/A). This past week, some beer got inside the case and broke the charging port. After the beer incident, the laptop still worked and I was able to access files, but was only at 11% battery and I couldn't charge it, or get my files off in time. Now the laptop is dead, and I need a way to recover the files.

    I took the laptop into a local tech shop and they said that the SSD is directly sodered to the logic board and thus I'd need special tools to recover. Do any of you guys know a way I can do this on my own, or a place such as Rossman that I can send it to for a relatively low price? The files on the laptop are critical for running my business and I need them ASAP.

    Thanks again for taking your time to read all this and any input that you might have.

    submitted by /u/brokenArmMcgee
    [link] [comments]

    Hover state in Safari working intermittently.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    I noticed this initially on macOS 10.14.3, but it also is persisting on 10.14.4. I have a late 2016 MBP w/ Touch Bar if that helps.

    On certain sites in Safari (latest version), the hover state doesn't fire --- I've noticed it on Apple and Amazon, but there's other this happens on. But right now on reddit, it works as intended.

    I thought it might have been an issue due to an update to either 1Password or the Wipr ad-blocker extension I have installed, but I disabled both and tried again with no difference.

    Any idea of what may be causing this, or how to further debug this?

    submitted by /u/ScherisMarie
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone headphones query.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Hey guys, pretty dumb question. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people have had the same issue so I'm gonna go ahead and ask anyway. I have the lightning end headphones (the new ones) so they don't work with my laptop. Now, I wanna watch YouTube with headphones but the only way to do that is on my phone. Is there anyway you can set the audio to come through to my Phone while playing the video on my laptop? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Semajiscool
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage won't activate and I've tried everything.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    My iMessage won't activate and I've done pretty much everything. I also can't text using my number but it sends using my email. Anyone have any tips?

    submitted by /u/GeneralWhale1
    [link] [comments]

    Apple News in Canada doesn’t let me see American news???

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    So Apple News finally came to Canada, but now the only thing I see is Canadian news. I can't seem to find anything like CNN or any of the other US news outlets. Wtf is going on?

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    File sharing isn’t showing up

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    I found an old iPod and I was hoping to extract some photos from an app but the app has a password on it that I can't remember. So I tried hooking it up to iTunes and just downloading them through file share but the app isn't popping up where it should. I tried it with my iPhone and the apps popped up so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Rxw1121
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding wireless charging

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Hi folks.

    I'm an android user thinking of buying a set of airpods 2. Do any of you know the charge time over wireless qi chargers for these. I'm guessing wireless will be slower so I'm trying to figure out is there much of a difrence between wired vs wireless. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Meemo-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel