• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    macOS login loading screen VERY VERY slow after upgrading to mojave

    macOS login loading screen VERY VERY slow after upgrading to mojave


    login loading screen VERY VERY slow after upgrading to mojave

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:55 PM PST

    I have a 2018 MBP and upgraded to mojave.

    Initial boot time to the login screen is fast, but after typing my password I stay on the loading screen for a VERY long time, sometimes in excess of several minutes!

    I have no login items btw

    submitted by /u/dont_forget_canada
    [link] [comments]

    Installed cdock yesterday, immediately after this flashing WILL NOT STOP. Menu bar is only thing that works and when I go to click the dock, it just keeps flickering. PLEASE HELP!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:33 PM PST

    Safari (12.0.2, Mojave) - Hangs (some seconds) on some websites (Github f.e....) when swiping back

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:56 PM PST

    Hi.

    I like Safari (minimal, gestures) and would like to switch from Chrome, but there is one thing which is really frustrating (and preventing me from switching from Chrome): on some websites the "swipe back" gesture to navigate back (both when using the Apple Magic Mouse or by using the trackpad) freezes Safari for some seconds. The browsser extensions I am using are Evernote and Wipr; disabling them results in the same experience.

    Anyone having the same experience?

    Steps to reproduce the issue:

    1.) Go to (just an example) https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues

    2.) Open the first issue in the list

    3.) Swipe back

    Result:

    That last step returns you to the issue list, but Safari hangs for some seconds (i.e. you can't scroll downwards). :(

    Already tried the Safari Technology Preview but having the same behaviour using that version (I had the hope the issue got fixed there); tried to disable all extensions: no luck; no luck when emptying the caches; etc etc.

    Anyone having the same experience and / or found a reason / fix ?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bwydoogh
    [link] [comments]

    I think Apple Support broke my iMac's LCD.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 09:41 PM PST

    Okay, so... Last, last year (2017), I brought my iMac for repair (internal hard drive). Now, my iMac only had two problems, the mechanism and the internal hard drive. My mom chose to repair only the internal hard drive, then she paid, we waited, and they said that the LCD is broken. Now, that's a big shocker for me because the LCD was fine. They showed it to my mom (there's a line on the upper left corner), even though that was not there before we brought it to Apple Support. We didn't do anything because, hey, what can we do? *coughs*. Anyways, it's almost been a year and now, I can see green things (I can see the things I did earlier). By that I mean if I have been using Google Chrome for a long time, it leaves a green-ified stain. What can I do? The green stain goes away if I turn my iMac off for a few minutes to hours.

    submitted by /u/icebunny08
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes keeps resetting my iPhone local backup setting and i’m about to punch my iMac

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:52 AM PST

    i've had iPhones since the 3gs. i have always backed up my iPhone to my iMac using iTunes, even after iCloud backups were a thing. i sync/backup over wifi. recently (not sure exactly when but it was prior to both ios 12 and mojave), i noticed my iPhone was no longer being backed up to iTunes when i plugged it in to charge at night. so i manually backed it up and found that now whenever i sync/backup to iTunes, iTunes resets the auto backup setting from "This Computer" to "iCloud" every goddamn time!

    it is maddening! i have tried everything i can think of and i am not sure how to resolve it. i tried: - yes, the iCloud backup setting on my phone is turned off. - i have a device mgmt profile on my phone for work which requires encrypted local backups, which i though might be an issue so i deleted the profile from my phone but the issue persisted. - i deleted all old local backups from my mac... still happening - i set up my phone as a new iphone... not fixed - i wiped my mac and did a clean install of macos and did not restore from time machine and it is STILL happening (i didn't do the clean install just b/c of this issue btw lol)

    has this happened to anyone else? any suggestions on how to fix it? the only other thing i could think of is trying to delete any iCloud backups out there but i don't know if that is even possible?

    p.s. please don't reply asking me why i don't just backup to iCloud. i prefer having a local backup and i shouldn't have to change that just b/c iTunes is garbage and won't do what it's supposed to do.

    submitted by /u/StuckyFan
    [link] [comments]

    Linux on Macbook: could I go back?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:21 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have a macbook pro mid 2014. It still runs great but I meant to switch to a linux distributon for a while now and am considering installing it directly on this MacBook.

    I have read about some boot manager that'd allow dual booting osx and linux, but just for this scenario, let's say I would not use this - but rather install Linux as the only operating system... Could I switch back to osx later, and if so, how would I?

    Is there some kind of safe backup partition that will not be overwritten, so if I wanted to switch back, just boot to recovery mode and initiate a fresh osx install?

    The main reason I'd decide against dual booting is that partitioning looked kinda confusing and if I could always go back, I'd prefer this way.

    Thanks in advance for your help

    submitted by /u/prankousky
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone test if ScreenSaverEngine -background works in mojave 10.14.1 or 2?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:17 PM PST

    Hello. I posted this in the beta subreddit back during beta, but on release it was still broken. Id like to upgrade to mojave but i don't want to lose a feature especially since bunch of pretend non subscription apps are asking for money with this upgrade.

    What should happen is when you run the terminal command, the screensaver should run in the background and you should be able to use macosx as normal. How its been failing is nothing but a mouse cursor is displayed. If this happens to you, you'll pretty much have to restart because the screen is blocked off, or close the lid if you have one and let sleep shut down the screensaver. Trying to refind focus on the terminal window and pressing ctrl-c also works, though you won't be able to see it anymore and it does lose focus.

    Would be really greatful if someone could confirm screensaverengine -background as working or still bugged. Thanks in advance.


    I actually used this feature in Sierra and older...

    Terminal this: /System/Library/CoreServices/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &

    Note if it doesn't work, you'll have to put your computer to sleep or physically power off to get it back. The screensaver will display but you are prevented from getting back to the desktop in a deterministic manner.

    submitted by /u/gorbash212
    [link] [comments]

    Not ready to give up my MacBook Pro Mid 2012

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 01:09 PM PST

    I have been watching videos and I am looking to order supplies to put two SSDs (take out the optical drive as well) into my Macbook and upgrade the RAM.

    I have been watching these videos on YouTube by Zed Pro Media here are some of the videos:

    One

    Two

    But everyone in the comments sections keeps saying it might not be possible to do this and install Mojave on the new SSDs, can someone confirm or deny this / point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/avonbarksdale17
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Can someone that has Mavericks installer please share a legit dmg file or iso?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:56 AM PST

    I can't seem to find any working links without malware or modified

    I would appreciate if you share it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/JailbreakK1ng
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave auto-updated and audio doesn't work/show up

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:13 AM PST

    I had auto-updates turned off but somehow it turned itself back on. I wake up this morning and the volume keys can't 'unmute' the audio and there's no output or input devices in system preferences.

    Apple support is useless as usual and is suggesting it's a hardware issue, which I think is total BS.

    How can I fix it?

    submitted by /u/tossed125
    [link] [comments]

    More and more adware on Mac

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:05 PM PST

    The situation on MacOs is now like it was on Windows in the early 2000s. What's your opinion on this?

    submitted by /u/zoli62
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I connect Bluetooth keyboard to my MacBook Pro, laptop suddenly disconnects form the internet or internet connection becomes extremely slow. Any solution for this problem?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 04:38 AM PST

    Mojave screen brightness changes when swishing dGPU to iGPU

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:04 AM PST

    On Mojave i have started to notice maybe even after the newest update 14.2 that when system switched back and fort dGPU / iGPU screen brightness changes slightly, especially started to notice this in Visual Studio Code with dark background. I'm on Late 2013 MBP 750m

    submitted by /u/MrMforM
    [link] [comments]

    Another Mojave install disaster - long story

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 06:23 AM PST

    Well, been using Macs since 1995 and my experience updating to Mojave from High Sierra has been the worst update experience _ever_. It has not been smooth sailing on two out of our three computers.

    On the late 2013 MB Pro in the kitchen, with an SSD, it went perfectly.

    On the 2015 iMac with a Fusion HDD, it was a bloody nightmare requiring three days of on and off dealing with Apple Support.

    My wife took the leap this a.m. with her 2012 MacBook Pro, SSD, no joy.

    The first restart after the installation the computer arrived at the login screen with only one account showing and the account icon did not display in its normal position but juddered around the screen before settling in its normal position, immediately above where you input your password.

    Then began the spinning beachball and no amount of waiting allowed any progress.

    Advice online was to reset the Pram.

    Did so and this time arrived at the login screen and saw icons for all three accounts.

    Chose my wife's account and had to wait for about 5 minutes before it would allow her to type in her password.

    Typing in her password went exactly as it did with my iMac: it took abou 30" to type it in: e.g., type in a letter, wait a few seconds for it to appear and repeat until the entire password filled.

    Finally arrived at the desktop but it's all beachballs. Can't connect to internet and when she mouses over to WiFi on the menubar it says: No hardware installed.

    Any suggestions welcomed!!

    submitted by /u/seeker1938
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel