• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    Apple Macbook Why would I get this message if connected to WiFi and iCloud?

    Apple Macbook Why would I get this message if connected to WiFi and iCloud?


    Why would I get this message if connected to WiFi and iCloud?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:44 PM PST

    Looking to replace a keycap, having trouble identifying scissor mechanism. Could someone tell me if this is AC06 or AC07?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:38 PM PST

    Third-party USB-C charging blocks for MacBook Pro 2018?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 09:43 PM PST

    Hi,

    Does anyone recommend any third-party charging block for MacBook Pro 2018.

    I bought the genuine cables (got a discount at best buy) but I was wondering if there are any charging blocks that are cheaper than the official Apple ones?

    submitted by /u/snowymead
    [link] [comments]

    Does G-Sync work when using a external GPU in bootcamp windows?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 01:57 PM PST

    Basically, if I would attach a GTX 1080 as external GPU with the Razer Core X case to my MacBook. Is it possible to get G-Sync running on my G-Sync monitor? On both OS that is, macOS + Windows via bootcamp (where I will mainly play games).

    If anyone has experience with that setup, I would highly appreciate some help or advice! :)

    submitted by /u/patrik_media
    [link] [comments]

    Sennheiser 6xx series, would I need an AMP+DAC?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 06:31 PM PST

    I currently have HD558s, thinking about buying the 6xx from Massdrop, but am wondering if I would need an AMP or something to take advantage of them, or if the headphone jack would suffice?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Satzlefraz
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing questions

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 06:04 PM PST

    As a student who also has a job making real estate videos, money is not unfamiliar to me but still has a high value as I don't make much (although more than many teens). I now need to upgrade from my 2013 MacBook Pro to the 2018 as the 2013 just isn't cutting it for video editing. I can currently afford the base model 15" 2018 MBP, is it usable as an editing computer (I use FCPX exclusively) or is it absolutely necessary to upgrade to the 2.6ghz processor? I only will purchase it if necessary, so don't say stuff like "of course it's better". I know that. I need to know if it's necessary. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Marshall_The_Fifty
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical line on my 2017 MacbookPro

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:53 PM PST

    Hi all,

    This evening, while using my laptop without issue, I nipped downstairs for 10 minutes & when I returned to my laptop, I opened the lid to see this line the full length of my laptop screen: http://imgur.com/7zAKXQT

    I am home alone (no pets etc) so I can't see how it was damaged by anything during this time, it seems to have just appeared! I've switched my laptop off & on again which doesn't change anything, though I note when moving the screen additional lines flash up either side of this 'main' line for a moment. If it makes a difference, this line is a dark purple or black and the movement/flashy lines are x1 blue & x2 orange. They are very thin but run from top to bottom

    I don't recall any issues or damage that has been caused over the past few weeks, it literally just appeared when my laptop woke up following my dinner tonight!

    It's a 2017 13" MacBook Pro. It's still under warranty at John Lewis but I don't know if this kind of thing is covered by normal warranties. Will they assume it's something I've done & broken it? Is this something that can be fixed or will I need a replacement?

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/redditlurking123
    [link] [comments]

    Would you get an ARM MacBook?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:50 PM PST

    If Apple were to release a MacBook with a custom ARM processor, would you buy it? Why or why not?

    Like and share with your fellow Mac friends!

    submitted by /u/cmorgan74686
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook is the best value given these current CAD prices? Please help!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:41 AM PST

    Good morning everybody, first post here and I could really use the help of this community. Staples had a boxing week sale on the base 2017 MBA for $999 CAD, but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to pull the trigger until this week.

    My usage will be as per the Macbook Air target market: web browsing, MS Office, and some light-moderate photo editing/management.

    Best Buy has the upgraded CPU and storage version of the 2017 MBA for $200 off, and I'm wondering:

    A) the 256GB 2017 MBA is obviously worth the $50 difference over the base model, but is the i7 CPU worth the next $150 jump? Or will battery life just suffer with no real added value?

    B) between the MBA i7 256GB and the 2018 MBA, which is the better value?

    Prices are as follows (from Best Buy):

    2017 Macbook Air i5 128GB ($1199)

    2017 Macbook Air i5 256GB ($1249) - $200 off

    2017 Macbook Air i7 256GB ($1399) - $200 off

    2018 Macbook Air 128GB ($1499)

    submitted by /u/jondrumming
    [link] [comments]

    Pohs2oom.com Virus

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:22 PM PST

    Hi folks,

    so I probably caught my first virus ever.

    The Pohs2oom, probably because I wanted to try chil-tab for Safari.

    Anyway, chil-tab is bad and so is Pohs2oom. I probably got rid of chil-tab, but not from pohs2oom.

    What do you suggest is the best cleaner tool for a Mac (Book Pro 2018)?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/tiffler92
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering about fcpx on dual core processors

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:47 AM PST

    I want a mac to start editing with final cut pro, im wondering how well 13 inch macs with i5s or the 12 inch macbooks would handle it, im gonna mostly be editing in 1080p 60fps

    submitted by /u/SamitheDude
    [link] [comments]

    Need MM2 help on Bootcamp Win10, 2017 MBP 13 TB

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:28 AM PST

    Magic mouse 2 is paired but never connected in windows.

    I've removed and re-paired my magic mouse in macos, but that didn't seem to do anything in bootcamp. I also tried turning on and off Bluetooth in bootcamp, but that also did nothing.

    I just need to get my mouse "connected" so I can try to use it with magic utilities.

    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/GenocidePie
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook resale price advice

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 09:58 AM PST

    Apologies if this type of post isn't the done thing here but I wasn't sure where else to ask, I have a new macbook and was looking for some advice on selling my old one. It's a MacBook Air Early 2014 but technically labelled 2013 edition intel core i5 128gb with scratches to the casing and the battery has passed its charge cycle limit but still works unplugged. Has anyone got a rough idea of how much it's worth or where I would be better selling? Any advice would be massively appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thelookingglassss
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air 2015 HELP!!!!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:13 AM PST

    How reliable are the Apple refurbished MacBook pros?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:52 AM PST

    Does anybody what they replace? Is it worth it? Or is swallowing the extra money worth the new ones? Need help! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mando_b
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel