• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 3, 2019

    Apple Help iPad Mini 4 takes forever to charge the drains right away

    Apple Help iPad Mini 4 takes forever to charge the drains right away


    iPad Mini 4 takes forever to charge the drains right away

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:29 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Having some problems with my iPad 4. It takes forever to charge to 100%, a whole workday like 9 hours. Then upon unplugging it drains down to zero in a matter of minutes.

    i imagine it may just age that's causing this problem, but was wondering if y'all had any insight. I have tried different cable/charger and it was slow still. It's crazy b/c I have an older iPad mini that seems to be lasting better.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/elektrokuter
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s stuck on 'Press Home to Upgrade"

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:53 PM PST

    • iPhone 6s
    • iOS 12.1 approx
    • White blank screen that simply says Press Home to Upgrade- this follows deleting a configuration for work that I wanted to try and decided not to continue using, rather stupidly painted myself into a corner by doing a total settings reset as the config wouldn't disappear despite deleting. HomeButton/Touch ID have not been working the last few months and I've been happily using assistive touch home button. iPhone won't appear on iTunes in this state. Am I really looking at replacing the touchid sensor at a cost of £297 simply to be able to "press home to upgrade" and apple don't seem to charge simply for a home button?
    submitted by /u/Kaputzio
    [link] [comments]

    Touch ID works but home button doesn't.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:41 PM PST

    I just got a brand new iPhone 7 Plus. Everything was going smoothly until I tried going to the home tab. I can unlock the phone using touch ID but when I press it to go to the home tab it wont work. If i press the home button twice it pulls upward. Is there some setting I need to change? Also on the Choose Your Click i cant feel the vibration on 1,2, or 3.

    submitted by /u/Reingz
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air early 2015 no longer works after mojave

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:04 PM PST

    So my mac was working fine on sierra but then an app that i needed required me to update to 10.11 or higher so i went to mojave, now it freezes anytime i try and load a video, the sound doesnt work and when i try and adjust it it just shows an "x" where the volume bars should be, the sound panel on system prefs doesnt work, it also freezes on many other different tasks and overall is barely useable. Ive tried booting into safemode which changes nothing, ive tried a command line for the sound which changes nothing, ive tried first aid on the disk which freezes then changes nothing, and overall cannot fix anything. My macbook air is the i7, 8gb ram, 256gb version.

    submitted by /u/Lvl4Toaster
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to view Apple Music profile + other features on iPhone

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:12 PM PST

    I'm currently family sharing an Apple Music account with 4 other members. In the Music app, when I click on my account in the top right of the For You tab, I am not able to view friends activity or view my profile. The only options I get are to Redeem gift card/code, View Apple ID and notifications for artists. (See link below)

    In my Music settings, both Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Library are enabled. Apple Music sharing is enabled in the Family Sharing setting. Everything that needs to be enabled is, as far I know. All of my other family members on the plan do not have this problem.

    It should be noted that I've tried this on my previous iPhone 6, and now on an XS, both had the most updated software (12.1.x) and still no luck. I have been able to view my profile and see friends' activity on iTunes, but not on my iPhone. Let me know if there's any information I'm missing.

    Here's a picture of what I see when I click on my profile: (https://imgur.com/a/VkHOU8I)

    submitted by /u/Ryanmacsport
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting an iCloud Photo Library

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:56 PM PST

    This should be a very simple thing but this has been very frustrating, due to some other issues I'm hoping doing this will solve, Im, trying to delete my entire iCloud Photo Library. I've already loaded the entire contents of my library locally to my mac and I'm trying to erase to it and its been almost impossible. Trying to delete it through the photos app on my Mac, everything goes into the recently deleted folder and when I try to delete them from there they disappear and then they all come back immediately.

    The iCloud website also has been useless for trying to delete these photos as well. Its been annoying to try to get these to delete properly and I'm at my wits end with trying to delete the 17k photos I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/coolaaron88
    [link] [comments]

    (Dumb question) does resetting an iPod/iPhone/iPad delete the Apple ID from other devices too?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:54 PM PST

    Like I said, stupid question, but if I erase all content and data from one iPod, does it also delete the Apple ID for further use on other devices too? Meaning I can never again access years of acquired music photos etc

    submitted by /u/LarryBooker
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X multitasking issues

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:31 PM PST

    Every single time i switch between any app, they shut down and restart. They can be the only two apps open and they still restart every time i switch between them. Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/MiseryGames
    [link] [comments]

    Delayed Play Count Updates and Apple Music

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:31 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm not sure if this is an apple music or Itunes question, but it has to do with Itunes operations. When I had an Iphone a few years ago, play counts would update almost immediately, or I would sync my phone with the computer and that would also update play counts. Now I decided to return to Iphone and subscribe to Apple Music. For some reason, play counts are only being updated intermittently, maybe once a day. Is this part of the whole Apple Music, run all your stuff through the cloud, program from Apple? I find play counts and last played pretty important when I listen to music, and I was wondering if there was a way to update play counts after each song is played.

    submitted by /u/sjsharksfan12
    [link] [comments]

    read-only calendars are in their own windows in my Mojave Calendar app

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:22 PM PST

    This is either a Mojave issue or something that started happening with 10.14.2:

    I am subscribed to several read-only calendars in my Calendar app on Mojave. The iCloud ones are working fine and show up in my main Calendar window, but the Google-based ones now show up as their own separate windows within the Calendar application. They can be reached by clicking 'Windows' and then picking them from the bottom of the menu there. This is pretty annoying since I want to see them in the context of the rest of my calendars. I've read through all of the help and done a bit of googling and can't see how this works described anywhere.

    Note that I am also using google calendars that I am logged into with Calendar and they are working normally. It's only the ones that I don't have logins for that have the issue.

    Does anyone know how to:

    a) make read-only gCal calendars to appear in the main Calendar window instead of their own windows?

    b) get rid of old read-only calendars that I don't want in my Window menu anymore?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mirth23
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to turn off the iOS function that always asks me if I’m driving before it will unlock?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:19 PM PST

    I know it's a safety feature, but I look at red lights and find it really annoying.

    submitted by /u/ElefantPharts
    [link] [comments]

    My 2013 macbook pro keeps showing "glitches" in the screen. What could cause this? And how can I fix it?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:55 PM PST

    Based on some googling advice, I've rebooted using command+option+p+r or something like that, I cant remember. But my screen will glitch out, and ever since the Mojave (I think) update it has ran SO. SLOW., so any advice on how I can make it run quicker is also appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/radicalrussians
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on how to fix this? Image capture didn't seem to work either...

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:47 PM PST

    When trying to upload my photos from my Iphone to my Iphotos on my MacBook Pro, it says that 700+ of my photos are unrecognizable. I tried using Image Capture and it didn't seem to work either. I don't know whats happening exactly. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Citymountains
    [link] [comments]

    Why cant I use my email to get my account password?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:39 PM PST

    I forgot my password and I no longer have access to the phone used to create the account. I cant change password by email because it says I need a phone to verify if im the owner. How can I access my account?

    submitted by /u/-_TheLordHelix_-
    [link] [comments]

    13" Macbook Mid 2009 with Firmware Password (we have the right one) but Command-R and other startup keys are not working, just Option.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 01:36 PM PST

    I can start with Option and type in the firmware key to get the boot select but I cannot get into Recovery to remove the firmware password. Any ideas?

    I've tried using an external keyboard just to rule out the built-in one wasn't damaged.

    Tried changing out RAM and trying the PRAM reset and SMC reset as well.

    submitted by /u/SeaLionII
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove black box on iPad 9.7

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:39 PM PST

    Theres this black box that won't go away on my new iPad. It seems to be related to Facetime. Even when I'm off of Facetime it is still there. Can someone please help on how I can disable/remove it?

    https://imgur.com/a/xQH3V7z

    submitted by /u/myrunce
    [link] [comments]

    How to change email for my id

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:09 PM PST

    My apple ID that is connected to my phone number and email address. I would like to change the email address considering its gmail and i would like to integrate everything to apple and create an icloud. Considering lost all faith in google.

    submitted by /u/Nerf-Azul
    [link] [comments]

    iPhoneXs not going into recovery mode

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:03 AM PST

    So the touch screen on my iPhoneXs doesn't work properly, and I am exchanging it for a new one. Before I do though, I wanted to transfer data and factory reset my phone. This phone has not been jailbroken or any alterations made to the default software.

    Problem is, I can't unlock the phone (touch screen doesnt work and no faceID), and iTunes isn't recognizing the device because it's my first time connecting the phone to iTunes and the permissions can't be granted from the phone.

    So I figure recovery mode is my next best option, so I restart the computer, start up iTunes, press the volume up+down and side button expecting the recovery mode screen to pop up. It doesn't, only the power-switch slider. So I run USB diagnostics on iTunes and voila, it's obviously not reading my device for the reason mentioned in the last paragraph. What do I do? Am I just shit out of luck? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MaybeNaby
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone installed Windows on a Thunderbolt 3 connected SSD?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:00 AM PST

    I've been using Macs exclusively for 15+ years and have never used boot camp. I have installed Windows into virtual machines, but I'd like to try installing it on bare metal instead.

    However, I don't want to partition my Mac disk so I'm hoping to install Windows on an external disk. I've read, though, that Windows doesn't want to be installed on an external disk (although it seems there's an option called Windows Go or Live or something, but I don't think I have access to that). There seems to be workarounds but I'd prefer something simple.

    I've also read that when you connect disks via TB3 the system considers it internal (not sure why, maybe because it is connecting directly via pci?), and so windows would also consider it internal. Note this has to be an actual TB3 disk, like the Samsung X5, and not simply a USB disk connected on the TB3 port.

    So, my question, has anyone installed standard Windows 10 on an actual external TB3 disk using boot camp, and if so, was there anything special that had to be done?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/unshadowme
    [link] [comments]

    I Need Help

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 06:30 PM PST

    Ok. before you type anything in the comments I know I am stupid. So I changed the password on my phone and got a random number generator and used it.(ignorantly I used a private browser and closed the page so I can't go back and check) I now forgot that password but can still get in through Touch ID but I won't know what to do when it's enabled. Is there anyway I can change the password without knowing it or resetting the phone.

    submitted by /u/stomped_lego
    [link] [comments]

    Siri keeps coming up after I dropped my iPhone SE into water

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:46 PM PST

    Everything else is fine, it's just that Siri randomly keeps coming on, but stops periodically after I restart my phone. Any tips on what I should do? I will gladly answer more questions.

    submitted by /u/Iavawave
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro or Mac Mini + iPad Pro

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:31 PM PST

    Currently, I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). I am in the market for an upgrade, and I'm vacillating between two configurations; (1) a new 15-inch MacBook Pro and (2) a Mac Mini + iPad Pro.

    The iPad Pro would replace my 13-inch MacBook as my mobile computer, and the Mac Mini would handle any serious computing that the iPad can't handle. Away from home, I rarely need the serious computing of which my current MacBook is capable, so going with the lighter and more portable iPad Pro is appealing.

    The downside is that the Mac Mini + iPad Pro configuration is more expensive than the MacBook Pro. For the redditers that have considered the same thing, what made you decide to go with one configuration over the other?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/the_heater
    [link] [comments]

    My contacts aren’t working

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:12 AM PST

    Ever since my phone updated on my plane ride home this winter break, (might not have been an update, but it did the whole welcome thing and had me sign in) I was on the plane and didn't have WiFi so I couldn't sign in, it let me in anyway. Ever since, most calls and texts that I get, say that they are from that persons number, even thought I still have their contacts. It's really annoying. Please help!

    submitted by /u/ender3838
    [link] [comments]

    “Service Battery” MacBook Pro

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 01:01 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have a MacBook Pro mid 2014, and its telling me to "Service Battery". I did my research and apparently this MacBook model is supposed to last 1000 "cycle counts" and mine is only at 677.... do you know if I have any chance of this getting fixed for free since its not up to the standard, or am I going to be stuck paying $200+ to replace my battery? :(

    Also, what happens if I don't get it serviced?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/spaluszka
    [link] [comments]

    invalid MBR on my MacBook Pro

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:09 AM PST

    so, after I updated to (whatever the current version of macos is) my win7 drive vanished from startup disks, it was still there as a drive that I could access/mount/etc, and, when holding down the option key, it still showed up there and gave me the option to boot to it. I did (buddy wanted to come over and play a game, and, it is windows only, so, I figured hey, that's a great purpose for the mac's bootcamp installation) The windows install had a couple of nasty virii, which we promptly cleaned out, but, then it ceased to be able to see the mac drive at all. In a bit of digging online it appears that something on the windows side installed an invalid MBR. The GPT drives are all still intact, but, there's an MBR from 0 to 1 on the drive with GPT stuff starting at 1.

    PLEASE someone tell me that there's a way (even in terminal would be fine) to nuke that bad MBR and get the machine back up and running?

    in case it helps any, when booted to internet recovery, going into terminal, gpt -r show /dev/disk0 successfully lists all of my partitions, however, in fdisk -e /dev/disk0 print says there are no partitions at all.

    The following is the output of gpt -r show /dev/disk0 as mentioned above

    Start size index contents
    0 1 MBR
    1 1 Pri GPT header
    2 32 Pri GPT table
    34 6
    40 409600 1 GPT part - C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
    409640 1705070552 2 GPT part 7C3457EF-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543CAC
    1705480132 248043520 3 GPT part EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
    1953523712 1423
    1953525135 32 Sec GPT table
    1953525167 1 Sec GPT header

    submitted by /u/dhyde79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel