• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 1, 2019

    Apple Macbook Brought MacBook Pro secondhand, erased all data again and tried to reinstall MacOS through the Mac and got this error. What is this?

    Apple Macbook Brought MacBook Pro secondhand, erased all data again and tried to reinstall MacOS through the Mac and got this error. What is this?


    Brought MacBook Pro secondhand, erased all data again and tried to reinstall MacOS through the Mac and got this error. What is this?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:38 PM PST

    New MacBook Pro: FaceTime gives Activation Error

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:29 PM PST

    I bought a MacBook Pro 2017 edition yesterday and created a new Apple ID. I do not own an iPhone. So, when I try to sign into FaceTime (or iMessage, for that matter), it gives me an error message saying: Error occurred during activation. What does that mean? Apple says it is supposed to work on the Mac (standalone, without an iPhone. ) What should I do?

    submitted by /u/displayflex
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Monitor / Docking Station

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:22 PM PST

    I purchased a MacBook Air 2017 and want to do a dual monitor extended desktop set up, so three monitors all together with the actual laptop screen.

    I haven't been able to find an easy way to do this. It seems like it's possible but I am new to the MacBook and it doesn't seem as easy as plugging them in like on my work issued Dell.

    Does anyone have a list a required cables to achieve this? Or a docking station that could help me achieve this?

    I have a MacBookAir7,2 if that helps. It's a pretty standard one I purchased from Apple and only upgraded the hard drive and RAM.

    I appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/PhoenixArmyVRT
    [link] [comments]

    Surface laptop 2 vs 2017 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:39 PM PST

    I'm debating between a Surface Laptop 2, 8th gen i5 quad core 1.6 GHz w/ boost to 3.4 ghz), 8GB ram, 256 gd ssd or a mid June 2017 MacBook Pro with touchbar, 7th gen i5 dual core 3.1 w/ boost to 3.6, 8gb ram, 512 gd ssd. It will primarily be used for editing in Lightroom (sometimes photoshop), Internet surfing, Office Word, and light gaming. I'm familiar with both windows and iOS and have also used Lightroom on both systems in the past. Does the newer Surface Laptop beat the MacBook, regarding speed, or the other way around for these purposes?

    submitted by /u/adlezSU
    [link] [comments]

    The Activity Monitor on my 2017 MacBook Pro keeps showing "SG Protocol Service" and it continually shows %CPU usage over 50-100%. The process appears and disappears.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 12:49 PM PST

    Does anyone know what is going on? My laptop seems to overheat easily as well. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ethbtc
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE HELP! Purchasing a secondhand MacBook, need to know what I should charge!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:48 AM PST

    Hey guys, I need your help!

    I'm purchasing a secondhand 2015 MacBook Pro today and I don't know what are the things that I should check before purchasing. Information that I do know is that the battery cycle count is 239. Is that good?

    Is there an iCloud lock or anything I should be aware of like with iPhones? What else must I check so I don't get scammed? Please help.

    submitted by /u/LordPerses
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] Continuity in Late 2011 MBP

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:53 AM PST

    Hi everyone, last time on here, I asked everyone if anyone tried the CAT tool that was widely available since Yosemite and if it still works. Well to answer myself, yes.

    I took the back cover off and replace the AirPort Extreme card. And used the CAT tool while SIP is disable, and everything work. Except of course Continuity Camera cause that requires MacOS Mojave. And tried everything again with SIP enabled, and still works.

    So, if anyone is thinking about it. Here's another solid proof that it can work.

    submitted by /u/jsteintherad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel