• Breaking News

    Monday, October 29, 2018

    Apple Macbook 2015 macbook pro (not sure on processor, but 16gb ram and 250 gb ssd) for $800.00 Good deal or no?

    Apple Macbook 2015 macbook pro (not sure on processor, but 16gb ram and 250 gb ssd) for $800.00 Good deal or no?


    2015 macbook pro (not sure on processor, but 16gb ram and 250 gb ssd) for $800.00 Good deal or no?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 11:55 PM PDT

    Will definitely wait till after the apple keynote on Tuesday obviously before considering it. But I'm liking the older keyboard and a USB port as well.

    submitted by /u/Gainuzz
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 15 mid-2017 quad core i7 fan noise

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:43 PM PDT

    My main PC is an MSI GS60 with an i7 6700Q and the fan on that thing runs high even at idle. It's very annoying in a quiet setting like the library.

    I'm trying to decide between a mid-2017 15" or a 2018 13" and the deciding factor is fan noise. I would like a powerful machine but I do not want excessive fan noise.

    I like to:

    • Have multiple Chrome tabs open (about 20 including YouTube and Netflix open at the same time)
    • Have multiple programs open: Chrome, Excel, R-Studio
    • Connect to 2 QHD ultrawide displays
    • Not game - I only stream movies on Netflix or Amazon
    • Have a quiet laptop where the fans don't run loud

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

    Place stickers under case without sticking them?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:09 PM PDT

    I have a shiny new 2018 15" Macbook at work and a ton of unused stickers. Rather than go through the pain in the butt of removing them the next time I get a laptop, I'm wondering if I can place them underneath a transparent outer case without sticking them on to the laptop or the external case. Would the stickers stay put or is there too much of a gap that they will they slide around? Any other thoughts?

    submitted by /u/t08io
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Apple 13.4" MacBook Pro Laptop

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:51 AM PDT

    According to Amazon, Apple 13.4" MacBook Pro Laptop is now $103 off. Is it worth it? Have you used this laptop? Please share your view or experience.

    submitted by /u/kuriyeth
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting: This webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac.....

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:49 AM PDT

    I have googled it. It started happening a few months ago, but it seems the past two days it has gotten worse. Well mainly, I'm trying to play an online "RISK" game on Pogo.com. I don't have any apps running, no more than normal. But the website keeps freezing up me. It does the same for Facebook. Switching through my tabs are slow to respond, too. I'm running the newest MacOS Mojave 10.14. I have 214 gb available of 274 gb.

    Any suggestions? My MacBook is only 2 years old, and I've been using a Mac since 2005, my last one lasted roughly 6 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Reddit community.

    submitted by /u/Moose336
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air - Why does every tech reviewer dismiss it as a bad choice?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 12:48 AM PDT

    So I've been looking at some reviews lately and I noticed that almost every tech reviewer disregards the macbook air as obsolete and not worth buying. But why? Sure it's got an older chip but it still has 8gb of ram, an intel core i5 and incredible battery life, and it can be found for 800 USD. Sure the display is lower quality but does that really matter so much? I've personally looked at some of them and really it's not a big deal at all.

    Also, the battery is replaceable. When I buy a mac I want it to last 6 to 8 years. For instance, I bought a 2010 macbook air 11' base model, just recently replaced the battery and it's as good as new. What about the macbook 12' for example? Wouldn't it have crappy battery life in 3-4 years? What then if you want to replace the battery yourself? i mean for a student, if you buy a macbook 12' now, what about in 4 years when you pursue your studies you have to buy another one because it won't last through the day? Whereas with the air just replace the battery yourself in 5 mins and boom.

    For 800 USD, the macbook air offers an i5, 8gb of ram, really nice battery life and longevity because of that replaceable battery.

    So why does everybody hate it?

    submitted by /u/ChubbyPigs
    [link] [comments]

    Considering moving my iOS backups from my MacBook Pro to an external hard drive

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 12:11 PM PDT

    Late 2013 rMBP 15" random crash/shutdown

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:48 AM PDT

    I'm aware that many of you have this issue. I'm aware that the issue is stupidly difficult to isolate and diagnose. I'm aware that the MacBook is 5 years old (and I'm also used to hearing groans 'it's Apple').

    The Mac: Late 2013 15" Retiuna MacBook Pro i7-4850HQ 512GB SSD 16GB RAM Nvidia GT750M Some iris pro graphics

    The story and attempts: basically it's been happening over a year or two, I've done every textbook method of diagnosing and resetting, e.g. reset PRAM and SMC. I've erased the disk and reinstalled from network without loading anything from the old instance. Most of the time it's been pretty frustrating and it was my sole computer at one point and the apple store was an hour drive away, so I couldn't afford to randomly give up 2 days of my time to get it to and from there and whatever time required to get an evaluation and resolution.

    The crash itself: the screen freezes - perpherials unresponsive (e.g. if I am playing a game, it will freeze at a specific frame), the fans will kick into overdrive, screen will go black, fans will stop. I manually turn it back on 'your computer shut down because of a problem' no kernel panic or anything useful. It can do this at any given state - when browsing, when just boot up, when performing intensive cpu tasks, when performing intensive gpu tasks. Basically everything described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7697352

    I took it to Apple today - literally booked the appointment in what I assume somebody's last minute cancelled slot just over 3 hours ago and naturally the diagnostics show up as all fine. They believe it might be a logic board issue (because I believe it's a GPU error - see attached image below?). Apparently with labour, this will cost under £600. I've replaced the keyboard, trackpad and battery (all 1 unit) and fans just over a year ago and that came to about £400 - what was I thinking lmao. So yeah this will end up cropping up to £3k for sub par technology that won't even live past 6 years - outrageous. I've left the Mac with them to see if they can find any other issues so I'm here weighing my options.

    Sorry, excuse that rant. Anyway, I'm still relatively new to reddit and I've slowly come to realise hey there are people significantly more knowledgable trawling through these online forums with the same issues I've had - how did ya'll deal with it - any private places that will fix it for cheaper (in the UK)?.

    For the sake of readers with the same issue, a biblography: More recently, I've noticed that a lot more of these posts are cropping up and it turns out it could be a software issue??? Something about essentially keeping a thread active at all times. I read that somebody else also had a TB driver issue.

    Suspected graphics cards issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/2pkrxi/late_2013_rmbp_freezes_and_crashes_randomly_due/ Ethernet TB issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/83eui8/macbook_pro_mid_2014_freezes_and_shuts_down/ Same as above: https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/86xx6k/macbook_pro_randomly_shuts_down/ Something about keeping an active thread/core: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-pro-shuts-down-for-no-reason.2020272/page-2?fbclid=IwAR2cY6cEbxSeaJt47uaQoskUjrdxsxyQrdRn1CzPRoV3u-XOi2fidDfxJjU

    • So the reason why I think it's related to the GPU. It crashed when I was reinstalling my OS, just after getting everything set up the mouse icon was there just spinning. I closed the lid and opened it moments later - this was what it looked like https://ibb.co/cGCPWV.

    If you've made it this far, thanks for reading my problem. I think if it is a logic board issue, I'm not going go through with it. Other than that, am I missing anything else obvious? Please don't suggest anything stupid like clean your mac for dust...

    submitted by /u/BarbarySheep
    [link] [comments]

    What setting to choose to use clamshell mode?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:04 AM PDT

    I want to just close the lid but still have the computer running to download things etc.. Right now when i close the lid the macbook goes to sleep and kills downloads, how can i stop that?

    submitted by /u/abedfilms
    [link] [comments]

    Installing Linux on new MacBook Pro 2018

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:39 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is even possible right now, because it doesn't seem like it, but if anyone has any idea what else I can try it'd be greatly appreciated!

    https://askubuntu.com/questions/1066222/install-kubuntu-18-04-on-macbook-pro-2018

    I tried what I described in this post and by now many other distros as well and none did work.

    submitted by /u/DRogue1337
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro mid 2015 A1398 screen to late 2013 A1398

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 01:14 AM PDT

    A1398 "Core i7" 2.0 15" Late 2013 (IG)"broken screen

    A1398 MacBook Pro 15' Mid 2015(DG)"dead mobo

    so the question is can I change the screen from the 2015 one to the 2013 one ?

    submitted by /u/Yhanl
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air or Pro for light video editing ?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 05:07 AM PDT

    Hi guys !

    So in short, i work in healthcare. I am planning to make a informational videos for the clients of the non profit i work for. I don't foresee me doing any major professional video editing- but i do plan on getting better at my skills.

    Do you think a MacBook Air would do the trick or would a pro be better suited for editing videos ? Would there be any significant distance ?

    submitted by /u/classact2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel