• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 24, 2018

    Apple iOS Similar app? (notifications with how is weather today compared to yesterday). This one is stopping service at the end of the month :-(

    Apple iOS Similar app? (notifications with how is weather today compared to yesterday). This one is stopping service at the end of the month :-(


    Similar app? (notifications with how is weather today compared to yesterday). This one is stopping service at the end of the month :-(

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:40 AM PDT

    [iPhone XS/XS Max/XR] Glowing green dot in images where the sun is present - anyone have an inkling what it might be/how to avoid it?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:29 AM PDT

    Apps for mapping a hiking trail?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:06 AM PDT

    Hello, friends! I'm really into hiking and recently moved to a new area. There's a great trail I found, but it's much bigger than I'm used to (double digit miles) and has many branching paths that aren't marked.

    The idea of figuring out different paths for myself is quite exciting, does anyone know of any apps that could help me map it out so I don't get lost? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/henryflapjacks
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my local pictures not loading up in full resolution? Either the exclamation point shows up or a circle filling up but doesn't budge.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:55 PM PDT

    alarm-clock, timer + other animations not working properly in ios 12

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:57 AM PDT

    Whenever i ask Siri to set the timer, she either doesn't start it(although she confirms that the timer is set) or it starts but it doesn't show the time remaining on the lock screen. Additionally the timer-animation in the control centre doesn't show that the timer is running like it did in previous updates. Moreover, whenever i set the alarm, this little alarm-clock icon is suppose to show next to the battery, but it doesn't in ios 12. Does anybody recognise these issues and knows how to fix them?

    submitted by /u/baloneyal
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with Spotify’s Siri integration?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:38 PM PDT

    3rd party Siri integration has existed for a while. Siri shortcuts is supposed to offer even better Siri integration. So why does Spotify still not interact with Siri at all? Is Apple secretly blocking it to make Spotify uncompetitive towards Apple Music? Is Spotify receiving under the table money to keep the feature away from iOS? I just don't understand it. I'm lacking so much Siri functionality just because I don't want to switch to Apple Music.

    submitted by /u/Maximio
    [link] [comments]

    Telegram in background activty drains battery in iOS 12

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    Possible storage estimate miscalculation?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:16 AM PDT

    I've been trying to download new apps onto my phone but it seems with any new app that takes up a lot of space, I'll get the "not enough available storage" dialogue. However, when I go into "iPhone Storage," it shows I have more than enough storage. Could this be a miscalculation, or does my phone refuse to download Dragalia Lost? Image here

    submitted by /u/zZxIcExZz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I see the wear of the battery in my iPhone 5S?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:30 AM PDT

    The new iOS 12 added the battery health tab and disabled all apps' ability to read your battery. However iPhones older than 6 can not use this feature. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/i_v_damke
    [link] [comments]

    This guy’s naming convention is brilliant.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:55 AM PDT

    Is there a way to turn off blue dot occurence after an app was updated?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:49 AM PDT

    It's driving me insane!

    I have to open every app I just updated in order to get rid of the dot.

    submitted by /u/diablek
    [link] [comments]

    Read receipts not being shown in all iMessage devices.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:57 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone and and iPad. The iMessage app is synced on them. My girlfriend sends read receipts to me but they only show as "delivered" on my phone. On my iPad they show "read". I cannot figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/reddit_only
    [link] [comments]

    App Store trailer audio buggy

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:42 PM PDT

    Since updating every time I play a trailer in the app store and turn on the volume, I hear the audio twice with a slight delay. Then whenever I leave the app's page, the audio keeps playing in the background until I either play another trailer or close the app store entirely...

    Anyone else notice this?

    submitted by /u/GeneralBikini
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12 Storage System taking too much space

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:24 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I have noticed that my iOS system is taking a lot of space in comparison of information found on internet.

    Mine is taking more than 30 GB (https://i.imgur.com/XXeYaUJ.png).

    Any idea of the reason behind ? I'm almost running out of space so I would like to clean my storage.

    PS: I don't have any PC with iTunes to backup my phone.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Rayu94
    [link] [comments]

    Photos app high battery usage

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:15 PM PDT

    Apple TV shows

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:24 PM PDT

    I'm trying to watch season two of Carpool Karaoke, however I can only watch season one.

    It only shows season one in the Apple Music app. If I search for an episode online that provides a link to a season two episode, it says that I need to watch it through the TV app - which isn't available in my country.

    It seems that Apple are trying to direct people to watch their shows through the TV app and are no longer providing a means to watch it without, however without that app being available in all countries.

    TLDR; Apple TV shows that used to be available to watch on an Apple Music subscription through the music app now require the TV app. My country doesn't have the TV app (it has videos instead) and it's not providing the shows in the music app anymore.

    submitted by /u/mananuku
    [link] [comments]

    How the fuck can I transfer my photos.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:13 PM PDT

    Ok look, I've a got an SE 16gb. Yes, 16. I've tried to transfer my photos from my phone to computer. But not all the pictures are there. And the pictures are all disarranged and in different folders. I've also tried to use imgur and just emailing them to myself. And neither of those will work. What do I do? How do YOU transfer your photos?

    submitted by /u/Nammiix_13
    [link] [comments]

    Different preview in Photos app. Landscape vs Portrait view. Bug or feature?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:42 AM PDT

    Is this a bug, when your wallpaper is white then everything is black?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:30 AM PDT

    Is there an app for it? (Kiosk app?)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Here is what I'm trying to do. Any direction would be greatly appreciated:

    I'm working on opening a brick and mortar store. This brick and mortar store also has an online store. Instead of having my brands and products displayed behind a glass showcase, they will be hidden from plain site.

    There will be 8 work stations with different types of products. Instead of having the products present, there will be an Ipad at each station.

    The website for the store will have real reviews of each product, prices, etc. Let's say I have 24 brands with 3 on each Ipad.

    The customer walks up to the station that is labeled (so the customer knows what station to go to) and can research every brand at each work station.

    I was thinking that maybe......the Ipads use an app that only allows the Ipad to go to certain urls on the website.

    The Ipad will need to display a set of buttons that makes navigation easy. And it needs a button "Home" that can be activated after each person is done with the station, or pressed to start a new session.

    I'm not sure how good I explained it so I will use a shoe store as an example.

    Lets say I am opening a shoe store (for ease of explanation).

    This shoe store has a website where there are real user reviews. One station is labeled "Basketball shoes". One is labeled "Hiking shoes", and so on.

    A person walks up to the Ipad at the station labeled "Basketball shoes" and has a "Home" screen that has 4 options (Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Under Armour). They click on "Nike" and are shown all the shoes that Nike offers for basketball (with real reviews). This way they can find real user reviews, prices, etc.

    I will also have 3 Ipads that contain all the brands for people that want to browse many brands/styles at one. This also doubles as a resource for my employees to help out customers.

    It would be cool if the customer could swipe a club card and leave reviews as well. If there is a swiper at each station then the customer could even check out at each station and pick up their purchase at the front counter.

    I'm guessing I'm not the first person to think of this idea so I'm guessing there is already some sort of software that does these simple tasks without the need for hiring programmers.

    Thanks in advance. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/SomaCBD
    [link] [comments]

    Ridiculously bad battery drain since late iOS 11 into iOS 12 (same issue on two iPhone SE's)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:39 AM PDT

    My wife and I have iPhone SE's. Bought them new at Apple store May 2017. Battery life was phenomenal up until what I would identify as the last iOS 11 patch before iOS 12. Ever since then, the battery has been draining incredibly fast.5 minutes of Safari browsing will cost us 30+% of the battery charge.

    I've followed all the traditional advice. Enabled low power mode; deleted extraneous apps; made sure background app refresh is always shut down; "recalibrated" the battery, factory reset, etc. To no avail. The fact that this hit both of our phones simultaneously, and was quite obviously tied to a software update, makes me anxious that there is a real problem here that Apple has not acknowledged.

    Estimated battery health on my phone is 84%. My wife's is a bit higher than that. So the battery is definitely showing it's age, as one might expect after a 18 months. However, I don't for one moment buy the notion that this is a battery problem, since performance was stellar until that update. I may go ahead and take Apple up on the battery replacement offer before the year ends, but I do not believe that is the answer to my problem.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Tallinar
    [link] [comments]

    Did you update to iOS 12 or jailbreak on 11.3.1?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:46 AM PDT

    Iphone X IOS version

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    After 3 years with Android, I am finally coming back to have fun with IOS.

    I'm going to receive my brand new Iphone X (not XS) in a few days.

    I just wanted to know, which version does it ship with, is it like 11.2.1 or something like that ?

    Thanks in advance

    EDIT: Thanks everyone for the answers, we can close the subject now !

    submitted by /u/je1992
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel