• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 24, 2018

    Apple Watch I got sick of waiting for Spotify to make an Apple Watch app so I made one instead

    Apple Watch I got sick of waiting for Spotify to make an Apple Watch app so I made one instead


    I got sick of waiting for Spotify to make an Apple Watch app so I made one instead

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:02 PM PDT

    This started as a side project but it ended up being pretty good so I thought I would publish it.

    It lets you kick off songs or playlists straight from your watch. Unfortunately it still requires you to be connected to your iPhone, but if you have headphones on, its pretty seamless.

    Check it out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watchify/id1438434543

    I'd love to get some feedback!

    submitted by /u/themix_92
    [link] [comments]

    S2 Watch disintegrating... Anyone else have this?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:45 AM PDT

    Cool, Now I Get To Try Out My One Week Old AppleCare+

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:30 PM PDT

    Most USEFUL Infograph/Infograph Modular Apple Watch Faces

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:12 AM PDT

    So I'd like to use the NEW watch faces for the series 4 Apple Watch, but I'm not able to think of any useful COMPLICATIONS.
    I wanted to see if the community would be willing to share SCREENSHOTS of their Infograph or Infograph Modular Apple Watch Faces? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jbrooksher
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my hands on the link bracelet, I love the way it looks!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:55 AM PDT

    Can I still purchase AppleCare if I purchase my Apple Watch at Costco?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:06 AM PDT

    The Apple Watch Series 4 GPS is $15 cheaper at Costco, however I want to make sure that I get AppleCare for the watch. Does anyone know if I can purchase AppleCare if I don't purchase the watch through the Apple website? Costco's website doesn't specify an option to purchase AppleCare.

    submitted by /u/crissy_no_h
    [link] [comments]

    How accurate would you say the S4 heart rate monitor is?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:43 AM PDT

    For the past two years I've been using the Fitbit Blaze and have very recently switched to the Apple Watch Series 4 (which I love btw).

    Interestingly, my resting heart rate reading on the Apple watch is about 10-15bpm lower than the Fitbit Blaze, which always remained fairly consistent.

    I'm curious to know which reading is more accurate. I prefer the Apple watch reading but I'm inclined to believe it would be the Fitbit, as I wore this to bed every night.

    submitted by /u/Zen_Spiral
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to update to 5.0.1

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:25 AM PDT

    Quick question: Apple Watch 2nd generation: does anybody else have a problem with updating to 5.0.1? I have tried everything but there's a crash and the iPhone just closes the Apple Watch app and that's that. :-(

    submitted by /u/passepartout24
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Apple Music on Apple Watch through LTE?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:05 AM PDT

    I usually just have my playlists downloaded directly on my watch so I don't have to worry about steaming. But sometimes I'll find songs during the day on my phone that I'll want to listen to while working out. But I leave my charger at home so I can't sync the new music to my watch. And I leave my phone in the locker. When I try to ask Siri to play that song it never plays it. It always plays something that sounds similar to songs I already have downloaded. Is the LTE Apple Watch not capable of streaming directly from the watch without the phone? I have Series 4 on latest WatchOS.

    submitted by /u/rickyjojo555
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my first Apple Watch (Series 3), what apps do you recomend?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:04 AM PDT

    So I've just got my first apple watch, does anyone have any apps they'd seriously recommend getting?

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Piece
    [link] [comments]

    Every Apple Watch band released by Apple, ever.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    Are there any apps that are Watch Faces? if no, why?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:32 AM PDT

    So often there are complaints about why doesn't Apple allow developers to make new Watch faces?

    This is not about should they or why they don't?

    Could an app be a face? Of course it would not be an actual face that can switch among faces. But if setup to always go to app that open, could it feel like a face?

    And even tech possible, maybe Apple does now allow.

    And if all yes, and they do exist, anyone have good suggestions for some?

    Or if not available, what is wanted?

    submitted by /u/nocrustpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I can’t change my move goal

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    I can't seem to change my move goals. I press firmly on the rings in the activity app on the watch but nothing happens. Does / has anyone else have this issue ?

    submitted by /u/CatsAreNeato
    [link] [comments]

    People with small wrists - do you find the 40mm S4 too big?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    I have pretty small wrists as a dude and am considering getting an S4 (first Apple Watch), but wouldn't want anything toooooo big of course, the 38mm when I tried it on earlier this year already felt like it was covering more than two thirds of my entire wrist.

    Is the 40mm Apple Watch that much bigger than the old 38mm in terms of physical size?

    submitted by /u/Lilieeeeee
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: Playing a Sound on your Apple Watch Blinks the Heart Rate Sensor too

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:49 AM PDT

    My wife likes to play pranks on me which includes hiding all my iDevices. Once I find one, I just use Find my Phone/Ipad to find the rest. I had my Watch off to shower.

    When I played a sound on my Apple Watch, I noticed it was blinking the bright green heart rate sensor. I thought that was a nifty little feature to help find it.

    submitted by /u/cjlee89
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any clue how to get rid of the now playing indicator on the watch? I do not have anything playing, closed all apps and yet it stays. I hate seeing it! Help!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    Turning off location services on iphone

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:57 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've tried searching here and via search engines but can't find an answer.

    I want to be able to turn my location services off on my iPhone (for battery saving reasons), but have it on on my watch (s4). It doesn't seem like this is possible, which seems pretty silly considering both devices have independent gps...

    Is there a way of doing this?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Herbalist33
    [link] [comments]

    S4 battery saving tips

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:30 PM PDT

    Has anyone changed anything in their settings to help save battery? Ending everyday with about 50% left always had about 75% with my S3 and all settings are the same as that one under the same use

    submitted by /u/tmonigold21
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s and Apple Watch 4 cellular

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:39 AM PDT

    Have anyone tried to use it with an iPhone 5s?

    submitted by /u/gukuhn81
    [link] [comments]

    Series 4 OLED inferior to X / XS ?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:20 AM PDT

    New Apple Watch owner here. Just picked up a Series 4 and love it.

    Does anyone else find the OLED quite a lot less saturated than the OLED on the iPhone X and XS ? And seeing as iPhone OLEDs are almost immaculately calibrated, you can potentially deduce the Apple Watch Series 4 screen is not as good, perhaps because it is LTPS (lower power usage).

    In isolation, the OLED on the Series 4 Apple Watch appears very good. But I found when viewing Photos in the app and comparing them side to side with the iPhone, they look much more washed out. I am wondering if it is perhaps because the iPhone is a DCI P3 wide color gamut display, and some of that is lost when going to what is presumably not a wide color gamut enabled display on the watch. But I am sceptical of this, the difference between standard gamut sRGB and DCI P3 is usually noticeable but subtle, but what I am seeing here is an obvious and stark difference in color saturation.

    Anyone else notice this ? It's really a non-problem, because everywhere else the screen looks great, and it's not exactly the best photo viewing device anyway - but I am curious nevertheless.. Love the watch overall.

    submitted by /u/kmanmx
    [link] [comments]

    So Strava workouts don’t count to your total KM’s and now it’s reset itself to Zero. Not much chance of getting the October challenge now.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:11 AM PDT

    Accessing Cardiograph information

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:09 AM PDT

    I had a Medtronic link cardiac monitoring device implanted about two years ago. I had it removed because the threshold was set much higher than what my issue was occurring at, and it was constantly being 'adjusted' because of issues with artifacts*. I bought the Apple Watch in hopes it might catch what the other device didn't.

    I had an episode this morning that lasted about 2-3 minutes. I hit record on Cardiogram about 30 seconds after the arythymia started. I have looked on my phone, and there's reading from about an hour earlier...but not the one I recorded. Am I looking in the wrong place?

    I know this might not be the data I need and I'm looking forward to when the ECG app is out. I have an appointment with my cardiologist and I'm hoping to have something to show him so we can finally figure out what's going on.

    If someone here knows if I'm looking I the wrong place and could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

    • I'm not asking for specific medical info. I do want to explain a bit further. I was told by someone shortly after the surgery by a tech that they didn't think the divisive been placed correctly. There were a lot of issues with artifacts from the very beginning. I offered to undergo surgery to address the implant, but was told it wasn't necessary. The whole time I had the implant they were constantly adjusting because of issues with the artifacts and several times when I hit record, one time when it should have triggered, it didn't.
    submitted by /u/DoTheWorkBeThePrize
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with certain WatchOS apps talking to iOS apps.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:52 AM PDT

    Own a Apple Watch Series 3, and everything worked great with my iPhone SE, but when I transferred this to a new iPhone 7 some apps stopped talking to the iOS counterpart. Both iPhone 7 and Apple Watch S3 are up-to-date OS wise.
    Most apps seem fine, and everything else is communicating (music, podcasts, calls, etc...) but certain apps that require a connection to another app just... don't.
    Namely the Starbucks app says "Please sign in on your iPhone" (which I am), and the Pokemon Go app says "Open Pokemon Go on your iPhone" (which it is).
    I've signed out and back in on both apps, and even uninstalled, restarted both devices, and reinstalled the apps, but still no change.
    Any hints/help will be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Azazel_fallenangel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel