• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    macOS Got a virus on bootcamp, cannot login to mac

    macOS Got a virus on bootcamp, cannot login to mac


    Got a virus on bootcamp, cannot login to mac

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:14 AM PDT

    Got a virus on bootcamp, cannot login to mac

    I ended up erasing the bootcamp partition and installing macos on the bootcamp partition. Now my issue is that I would like to access the old mac os partition, but I cannot. I attached an image of what the disk looks like. I try mounting it, but nothing happens, it won't mount. I tried running first aid, but it does not work and says "First Aid process has failed. If possible back up the data on this volume. Click Done to continue."

    https://i.redd.it/9uns3ha9iud11.png

    What are my options? Can I reactivate the drive? Can I recover the data?

    submitted by /u/nejikon
    [link] [comments]

    Hard Drive Problem

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:32 PM PDT

    So I clicked on Fix Hard Drive on Disk Utility, it said that it couldn't fix it. Then I tried with Single User Mode, it said that the drive was OK. Disk Utility still says that there's a problem, what's going on?

    submitted by /u/pipo24
    [link] [comments]

    Guest account + web plugins

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    Having issues making the Webex plugin/ other plugins stick on the guest account. Has anyone had any luck? Tried safari and chrome but no luck.

    submitted by /u/vietcrunk
    [link] [comments]

    Is my hdd broken?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:59 AM PDT

    I tried running disk utility repair: No errors Command D to run a test: No errors

    Computer is late 2012 imac on high Sierra. I did a complete wipe and clean install. Still super slow. Like opening apps are a few minutes. Is it broken? Even my 2011 hdd imac is faster. If it is, I'm looking to just boot it from an external ssd.

    submitted by /u/EddiOS42
    [link] [comments]

    mouse isn't running smooth while torrent client is working

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:51 AM PDT

    Hi all,
    I have MBP mid 2014, macOS Sierra (10.12.16).
    Every time a torrent client is running in the background (and I tried multiple clients),
    the mouse pointer suddenly becomes jittery, and doesn't run smooth.
    The mouse is connected via bluetooth, if it matters.
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

    submitted by /u/polarDiarrhea
    [link] [comments]

    Why do developers use .dmg files instead of .pkg files to distribute apps to their users?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 06:59 AM PDT

    Isn't .pkg meant for installations? I don't know it just never made much sense to me.

    submitted by /u/Sn0wFr33ze
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Pages auto opening in browser, not on shady sites

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    I'm browsing YouTube and sketchy sites are being opened automatically without any obvious trigger such as a shady site. How do I search my computer for the program or script that would be doing this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mrtbakin
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter won't load first try on Safari

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:59 AM PDT

    I've switched to Safari recently and noticed whenever I go on twitter.com it doesn't load and I need to refresh. Only way to fix it is to disable "Preload Top Hit in the background" in preferences.

    Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/Kidrodi96
    [link] [comments]

    Hello Everyone. I Need Some Suggestions For My New App.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 07:50 AM PDT

    My name is Brian Finxe, and I'm making an app that let's you set permissions for files or folders of your choosing. Pretty much like BatChmod, but better as it will have these features:

    • Ability to only have to give the app root privileges once and not have to get a user authorization prompt for each edit.

    • Automatically check if changing a specific file or folder's permissions will harm the system.

    • Ability to lock folders of your choosing. Basically meaning the folder you apply this to will have that small red minus badge on the bottom left of the folder or file.

    So yeah, this is what I have in store as of right now. But what I need help with, are two things that I believe this community could be of great assistance with. That being a name for the app, and an idea for an app icon. I'm not looking for an app icon as a whole, just an idea as to what it should look like, such as a padlock, wrench and screwdriver, a key, etc. And as for the name, I'm looking for a unique name. Not one that is bare bones based off the app's functions, such as names like "Permissions Editor" or, "Permissions Utility".

    If the community here could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! I will also credit r/MacOS in the credits of the app. Oh, and yes, the app is freeware no worries.

    Have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/BrianFinxe
    [link] [comments]

    Safari won't suggest/autocomplete my name

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    So, Safari works great for autocompleting every other part of a form, but when it comes to my name, after typing the first letter, it simply pops up a list of my contacts that start with that letter. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/codjeepop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel