• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    Apple Macbook First time considering a MacBook/Air/Pro

    Apple Macbook First time considering a MacBook/Air/Pro


    First time considering a MacBook/Air/Pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:48 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm thinking about a MacBook. Currently I own an iPhone, iPad, AirPod, Apple Watch.

    I heard that the pro is the go-to laptop among all three Macs. So I might go for the 13 inch one. I am an accountant, I have a windows laptop for my day to day work, this new one will be for my personal leisure.

    What's touch bar and is it necessary for the Pro?

    On average how long does a MacBook Pro last? My windows laptop (my previous laptop for personal use) broke down after using for 3.5 years. Damn I should've never used the physical hard drive.

    submitted by /u/nalratoss
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MacBook Pro key half stuck

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:35 PM PDT

    My 2 week old brand new MacBook has a stuck key. Not completely stuck but feels like something is underneath...is there any home remedy or do I need a genius to fix?

    submitted by /u/Moronicon
    [link] [comments]

    Save money on 2018 MacBook

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    Should I trade in one of my MacBooks for an iPad?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 01:56 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I've ended up in a situation I never thought I would - I now have two MacBook pros.

    One is a mid-2015, the other a 2017 touch bar model. The 2015 is now two years old, the 2017 I've only had for 4 months.
    I wasn't expecting the new one - it's a loan from my uni for my PhD so I have this for a further 3 years.

    The 2017 one will therefore stay at my uni and a locked drawer there and be connected to an external monitor etc.
    The 2015 is the one I am unsure about.

    I've been considering trading it in/selling it and getting an iPad pro for home use. I've never had an iPad, but it seems like a potential idea. It would be good for reading and annotating PDFS and lecture notes and for general browsing while at home.
    My main thought right now is that I find it difficult to separate my work and leisure due to them both being MacBooks, they both feel the same and I constantly want to go on reddit when i should be working - would having a completely different device help?

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/DistinctButterfly
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp 4.0.403

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 01:29 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Do you know where can i download Bootcamp in this old version ? The link from apple not work for me ;/

    https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1630?locale=pl_PL

    submitted by /u/devhost97
    [link] [comments]

    If you get a custom order that shipped from China, should you do a system restore/reset when you receive it?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 05:09 AM PDT

    Or do you trust the computer to be safe?

    submitted by /u/newfram
    [link] [comments]

    Remove screen protector

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    Hello, is there a generic method of removing adhesive screen protectors from a Macbook Pro 2018 with touch bar? I've heard using tape is acceptable but I'm concerned it will leave markings on the screen itself.

    submitted by /u/OmbreSol
    [link] [comments]

    Browser and Macbook: Fans get crazy

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:12 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a problem with all the browsers on my macbook (last version of the macbook pro): when I use a browser with more than 3-4 tabs, the macbook fans starting to make a lot of noises. If I look at the monitoring activities I can see that all the browsers consume a lot of CPU and for this reason the macbook becomes overheated.
    Someone has the same problems or have an idea on how to solve it?

    submitted by /u/k1mera-
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new MacBook

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:03 PM PDT

    Hello. I have always used Windows but I want to switch to a MacBook. I have in mind the 2017 13" Macbook pro with 256 gb and 8 gb of ram and the 2015 macbook pro. Which one should I buy? Because I have seen in a lot of posts and forums that the MacBook pro 2015 was the best one they have made.

    submitted by /u/javieremdz
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 12’’ won’t boot

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 11:16 AM PDT

    My wife's 12 inch macbook refused to boot today, showing blinking folder or slashed circle, sometimes randomly rebooting.

    Recovery mode does start, but shows no disks other than OS X Base System in disk utility.

    If this is ssd failure, should recovery mode work at all?

    Can this possibly be fixed without replacing logic board?

    No official Apple stores in my country, so I hope for some knowledge to gain with you guys.

    submitted by /u/arteregn
    [link] [comments]

    Reintsalling OS from 'bricked' macbook air

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 07:44 AM PDT

    Short version:

    Trying to download Mac OS onto my PC to copy to USB, so I can try to reinstall a macbook air because I can't reinstall from the Mac itself. Is this possible? Can't find a place in the apple store from which to download it.

    Longer:

    Doing some friendly tech support for a neighbor. They bought a macbook air from walmart.com through a 3rd party vendor. After waiting a few months to use it, turns out there is still parental control software on it and an admin account with a password they don't know. 3rd party vendor won't respond, but they did get their money back from walmart but still trying to get the laptop to work. Don't see any app store on the mac and every option I've tried to load up any recovery or utilities won't work. It just boots up normally vs going into any systems options / menus. I can't even get to the apple.com pages because it's restricted due to the parental control software. Don't have another mac to use, so was hoping I could download a new OS using my PC, copy it to USB, and try to reinstall from scratch that way.

    Edit: found https://support.apple.com/en-ca/macos/high-sierra but that links to "macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1246284741" which on my PC gives an error.

    submitted by /u/ronin722
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel